|By Business Wire||
|May 5, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the latest revision of its Chromatography Data System (CDS) software, OpenLAB CDS A.02.01. The enhanced software features exclusive benefits for chemical, petrochemical, high-throughput and regulated laboratories. It provides new data acquisition, data analysis, reporting, secure storage and e-Familiarization capabilities that increase laboratory productivity and lower costs in all chromatography laboratories. A software maintenance agreement entitles all customers to these enhancements at no additional cost.
“The new release of OpenLAB CDS dramatically reduces the time needed to capture, analyze and share chromatography and mass spectrometry data,” said Bruce von Herrmann, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Software and Informatics Division. “With this release, Agilent continues to expand OpenLAB CDS to deliver time and cost savings to help all types of labs achieve greater productivity.”
New features include:
- Flexible data capture – Support for the latest Agilent GC and LC systems, as well as third-party systems, enables labs to get the most from their chromatography instruments.
- Reliable automation – Enhancements to sequencing and barcode error handling provide maximum uptime for automated workflows, increasing productivity and reducing errors.
- Fast data analysis – Data analysis is often the bottleneck in lab operations. OpenLAB’s Peak Explorer, a new data visualization tool, speeds review of highly complex chromatographic data. Users can browse multiple sample runs containing multiple peaks, rapidly, in a single software window.
- Powerful reporting – OpenLAB CDS Intelligent Reporting with intuitive drag-and-drop capability has been expanded to provide more ways to tailor reports to specific workflows. Enhancements include support for all types of calibration curves and new options for report formatting and annotating, creating charts, and importing data from other applications.
- Secure content management – For labs that must comply with U.S. FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations, Agilent now has a solution for the data produced by a single instrument or hundreds of instruments. With this release of OpenLAB CDS, Agilent delivers scalable and secure content management from workstation-level to enterprise-wide deployments.
- Simple upgrade path – Laboratories upgrading to OpenLAB CDS from previous revisions of Agilent CDS software avoid the need to recreate methods and compound lists, preserving investments in workflows, methods, data and training.
- Personalized on-demand training – The new e-Familiarization tool provides a tailored approach to getting started with the software, allowing users to learn at their own pace.
For more information about Agilent’s OpenLAB Software suite, visit www.agilent.com/chem/openlab.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,895
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,948
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,445
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,008
Aug. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 317
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,660
Aug. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,300
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,553
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 344
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 475
Aug. 24, 2016 04:10 PM EDT Reads: 295
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 411
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 480