|By Business Wire||
|May 5, 2014 12:01 PM EDT||
The Los Angeles Times announces it will unveil the new, completely redesigned latimes.com tomorrow, May 6th. It is one of the largest fully responsive news sites ever built.
“Our mission was to raise the standard for digital news and create a site that truly engages users as stories break and build,” said Times Editor Davan Maharaj. “The new latimes.com is as dynamic as our journalism and our readers. The visually striking, bold design highlights our unique voices, investigative and enterprise endeavors, as well as breaking news and multimedia.”
Conceived as mobile-first, the responsive design ensures a consistent, optimal reading experience across devices and desktops. In-line and in-context video, photo galleries and story collections enrich The Times’ storytelling abilities. The new latimes.com recognizes how readers search for news by treating article pages as entry points as valuable as the homepage. Disruption of the traditional page grid enables advertisers to break through and enhances the discovery of content.
“In building the new site, the L.A. Times radically rethought how design and technology affect the consumption and delivery of news, information and advertising,” said Emily Smith, The Times’ Senior Vice President, Digital. “The result is a truly exceptional platform, built to expand sales opportunities and alternative revenue streams, and to adapt to future distribution models.”
- Visual Browse: photo-centric browsing option anchors latimes.com and is accessible on all section fronts
- Neighborhoods: new local feature pulling in neighborhood-level geocoded news and dining information, as well as crime data...with more to come
- Endless scrolling and multi-directional navigation eradicate print-centric and antiquated web concepts, such as “the fold,” “the jump,” “endless clicking” and “the dead end”
- Seamless pathing takes users from one piece of content to the next. Section fronts and article pages are anchored by a row of thumbnails that automatically transport readers to related coverage or other sections. Article page slide-out panels offer further content discovery and commenting
- Multiple quick-review and micro-sharing options, including at-a-glance “sharelines,” pull quotes and photos
- New responsive ad unit, as well as browsing features that incorporate native advertising and sponsored content
The new latimes.com launch will be presented by Etihad Airways, providing unlimited site-wide access to all readers May 6-9.
About the Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.5 million and 2.6 million on Sunday, more than 22 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4 million. The Pulitzer Prize-winning Times has been covering Southern California for more than 132 years.
The Los Angeles Times Media Group (LATMG) businesses and affiliates also include The Envelope, Times Community News, and Hoy Los Angeles which, combined with the flagship Los Angeles Times, reach approximately 5.2 million or 38% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace. LATMG also owns California Community News, LLC, operates Tribune Direct LA, and is part of Tribune Company, one of the country’s leading media companies with businesses in publishing, the Internet and broadcasting. Additional information is available at latimes.com/aboutus.
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,433
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,937
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,798
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,525
Jan. 20, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,070
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,638
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,113
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 587
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,726
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,232
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,588
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,573
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,345
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,649
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,185