|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2014 05:00 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 05/05/14 -- This week's EMC World 2014 event in Las Vegas will feature a new solution developed by Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) and Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) that provides dynamic resource provisioning for cloud networking. With these capabilities, service provider and enterprise organizations can benefit from a more agile and automated cloud data center infrastructure for greater IT agility and dynamic cloud application performance. For example, many businesses, such as retailers during holiday shopping or promotions, must manage unpredictable peak workloads. The Brocade-Ciena solution enables such businesses to maintain quality of service, while effectively handling peak workloads and online activity, by automatically flexing to adjust processing and bandwidth levels.
- This jointly-developed solution exemplifies the attributes of Ciena's OPⁿ® architecture by enabling data center and WAN orchestration over open APIs (application programming interfaces), creating an ecosystem designed to provide an on-demand experience that addresses the need for changing architecture needs. It also complements network-data center orchestration integrations already supported by Ciena's V-WAN solution and MyAdapter applications. Ciena's OPⁿ architecture is specifically structured to facilitate network integration with the data center to transform connect, compute and store into a programmable platform for a variety of new services.
- EMC attendees can visit Ciena's booth (#502) or Brocade's booth (#302) and learn how the solution enables the network to automatically respond to changes in traffic or application response times and orchestrate and burst workloads to on-demand cloud resources in a matter of seconds, for cloud bursting, disaster recovery and capacity-on-demand.
- Ciena and Brocade will also show how seamless integration of virtual machine (VM) creation with network services helps ensure adherence to service level agreements (SLAs). In addition, the solution allows separate polices of each application to be maintained allowing fine-grained tuning of thresholds and actions, and the ability to expand or contract resources to align with changing conditions, under policy and with security.
- Available today, the Ciena-Brocade solution enables elastic compute and transport network resource allocation, leveraging the Brocade Application Resource Broker (ARB) to automate resources between data centers and Ciena's V-WAN application for dynamic network transport. It also enables customers to dynamically change network topology and computing resources in a matter of seconds, in any location.
- "The demands placed on the network today are escalating at an astounding rate that requires organizations of all types to have a more agile and automated infrastructure. Brocade and Ciena have developed a joint, multilayer solution that leverages the Brocade Application Resource Broker to dynamically automate resources between data centers in seconds, increasing flexibility and controlling capital costs."
- Ken Cheng, CTO and VP Corporate Development and Emerging Business, Brocade
- "Organizations are just starting to embrace the cloud for mission critical applications. To ensure success, they need to automate the deployment of compute, storage and networking resources between data centers, and data centers to the cloud, with open networking solutions that deliver greater agility and dynamic application performance. Our work with Brocade complements the cost and operational benefits of our OPⁿ architecture approach."
- Steve Alexander, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Ciena
- Solutions Brief: Ciena and Brocade Elastic Compute Resource Allocation and Network Transport
- White Paper: Cloud Use Cases for On-Demand Networking
- White Paper: OPn Network Architecture
- White Paper: OPn Software Transformation
- Video: Brocade Application Resource Broker (ARB)
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
ADX, Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, DCX, Fabric OS, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, VCS, VDX, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and HyperEdge, The Effortless Network, and The On-Demand Data Center are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries.
Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2014 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 137
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 469
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 542
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 976
Sep. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 227
Sep. 4, 2015 02:12 PM EDT
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 229
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 271
Sep. 4, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 651
Sep. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 121
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 502
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 297
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 110