|By Marketwired .||
|May 5, 2014 05:00 PM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwired) -- 05/05/14 -- This week's EMC World 2014 event in Las Vegas will feature a new solution developed by Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) and Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) that provides dynamic resource provisioning for cloud networking. With these capabilities, service provider and enterprise organizations can benefit from a more agile and automated cloud data center infrastructure for greater IT agility and dynamic cloud application performance. For example, many businesses, such as retailers during holiday shopping or promotions, must manage unpredictable peak workloads. The Brocade-Ciena solution enables such businesses to maintain quality of service, while effectively handling peak workloads and online activity, by automatically flexing to adjust processing and bandwidth levels.
- This jointly-developed solution exemplifies the attributes of Ciena's OPⁿ® architecture by enabling data center and WAN orchestration over open APIs (application programming interfaces), creating an ecosystem designed to provide an on-demand experience that addresses the need for changing architecture needs. It also complements network-data center orchestration integrations already supported by Ciena's V-WAN solution and MyAdapter applications. Ciena's OPⁿ architecture is specifically structured to facilitate network integration with the data center to transform connect, compute and store into a programmable platform for a variety of new services.
- EMC attendees can visit Ciena's booth (#502) or Brocade's booth (#302) and learn how the solution enables the network to automatically respond to changes in traffic or application response times and orchestrate and burst workloads to on-demand cloud resources in a matter of seconds, for cloud bursting, disaster recovery and capacity-on-demand.
- Ciena and Brocade will also show how seamless integration of virtual machine (VM) creation with network services helps ensure adherence to service level agreements (SLAs). In addition, the solution allows separate polices of each application to be maintained allowing fine-grained tuning of thresholds and actions, and the ability to expand or contract resources to align with changing conditions, under policy and with security.
- Available today, the Ciena-Brocade solution enables elastic compute and transport network resource allocation, leveraging the Brocade Application Resource Broker (ARB) to automate resources between data centers and Ciena's V-WAN application for dynamic network transport. It also enables customers to dynamically change network topology and computing resources in a matter of seconds, in any location.
- "The demands placed on the network today are escalating at an astounding rate that requires organizations of all types to have a more agile and automated infrastructure. Brocade and Ciena have developed a joint, multilayer solution that leverages the Brocade Application Resource Broker to dynamically automate resources between data centers in seconds, increasing flexibility and controlling capital costs."
- Ken Cheng, CTO and VP Corporate Development and Emerging Business, Brocade
- "Organizations are just starting to embrace the cloud for mission critical applications. To ensure success, they need to automate the deployment of compute, storage and networking resources between data centers, and data centers to the cloud, with open networking solutions that deliver greater agility and dynamic application performance. Our work with Brocade complements the cost and operational benefits of our OPⁿ architecture approach."
- Steve Alexander, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Ciena
- Solutions Brief: Ciena and Brocade Elastic Compute Resource Allocation and Network Transport
- White Paper: Cloud Use Cases for On-Demand Networking
- White Paper: OPn Network Architecture
- White Paper: OPn Software Transformation
- Video: Brocade Application Resource Broker (ARB)
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
ADX, Brocade, Brocade Assurance, the B-wing symbol, DCX, Fabric OS, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, OpenScript, VCS, VDX, and Vyatta are registered trademarks, and HyperEdge, The Effortless Network, and The On-Demand Data Center are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries.
Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2014 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,125
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,072
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,263
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 6,686
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Mar. 1, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 2,929
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you ...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 471
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMC has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo and Big Data at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, , and the 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Global buyers rely on TMC’s content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. Learn how we can he...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 409
Artificial Intelligence has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, will find fresh new content in a new track called Cognitive Computing | Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning. Cloud Expo is still accepting submissions for this new track, so please visit www.cloudcomputingexpo.com for the latest information. 2...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 325
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of D...
Mar. 1, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 6,347
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Mar. 1, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,033
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq specializes in creating innovative solutions to solve business processes through the use of DevOps automation. Addteq was founded on the firm belief that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq's products and services are centered around the fundamental approach of understanding the p...
Mar. 1, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 130
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Mar. 1, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,223
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Mar. 1, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,976
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 1, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 527
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning inf...
Mar. 1, 2017 02:28 PM EST Reads: 153