|By Marketwired .||
|May 6, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/14 -- Coupa Software, a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance, today announced its results for the first quarter of 2014 highlighted by 100% growth over Q1, 2013. Coupa achieved extraordinary results that will fuel future growth. The company raised an additional $40 million in funding, signed key new partnerships, and expanded the executive team.
"Humbled by the support of our growing global customer base, we're proud of our strong start to 2014," said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. "With the additional resources of our funding round and record revenues combined with our strategic partnerships we're well positioned to deliver true innovation with our SaaS platform and drive customer success as we continue to scale globally."
Q1 2014 Coupa highlights
- Revenue: Coupa posted a 100% increase in revenue over Q1, 2013.
- Renewals: Renewals exceeded 97% for the quarter.
- New Partners: Coupa announced integration with Box and DocuSign to provide new functionality to the Coupa application suite. The company also announced a partnership with Alibaba.com wherein Coupa customers now have access to millions of additional suppliers directly from within the Coupa platform. Coupa also announced a partnership with Keboola to help customers aggregate their spend data from multiple systems into Coupa Analytics' intelligent reporting platform.
- New Funding: Coupa bolstered its financial resources by raising a $40 million Series F investment round, bringing total investment in Coupa to $87.5 million to date. Meritech Capital led the funding round, with participation from Icon Ventures and Northgate Ventures. Existing investors Crosslink Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Battery Ventures, El Dorado Ventures, and Blue Run Ventures also participated.
- SAP Certification: The Coupa 11 suite of applications achieved SAP certification as powered by the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform. Coupa currently has 27 customers worldwide already integrating with SAP® solutions.
- New Solutions: Coupa announced a new addition to its suite of applications; Coupa Inventory. Coupa Inventory helps companies eliminate redundant spend, streamline stock management, and gain actionable insights into their inventory. Coupa also announced the availability of Coupa Release 11 that includes over 60 new features across Coupa's application suite.
- Supplier Growth: Coupa expanded its supplier base with the announcement of a partnership with Alibaba.com. Coupa customers can easily search for, find, and purchase directly from the millions of suppliers on Alibaba.com from within Coupa. This is in addition to the approximately one million suppliers already transacting with customers through Coupa.
- INSPIRE 2014: Coupa hosted its annual INSPIRE user conference in San Francisco with over 1,000 registered customers, prospects, partners, industry analysts, and press.
- Expanded Leadership Team: Coupa expanded its executive leadership team with the addition of Tom Aitchison, who joined the company as the new Executive Vice President of Global Sales. Aitchison, an accomplished sales veteran with a successful track record in managing sales organizations of high-growth companies, is responsible for expanding Coupa's rapid global growth worldwide.
- Hiring: Coupa continued to aggressively hire to support its growth. In Q1 2014 Coupa's hiring increased substantially compared to the previous quarter. To support the demand for Coupa's financial solutions, the company will continue to expand the global team throughout the year.
- Awards: Coupa received industry recognition in Q1, 2014 for both the company and its cloud solution. Coupa was named a winner in the "Best Places to Work in the Greater Bay Area" awards, presented by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. The company was also named as a finalist for the 2014 Software Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award in the Best Cloud Platform as a Service category.
Highlights of new customer wins in Q1 2014 include: Sonic Automotive, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Teleperformance USA, Associated Materials, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Sentara Healthcare, Peverel Group Services, Apartment Investment and Management Company, Informatica Corporation, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, New York Medical College, Halcon Resources, Verallia, Bonanza Creek Energy, Sandvik AB, World Vision International, GCA Services Group, Brookdale Senior Living, Solarwinds Inc., Access Community Health Network, Availity, Golden Living, Quiksilver Inc., ClearChoice Dental, OLX Inc., Riot Games Inc., Ooyala Inc., and Cable and Wireless Caribbean.
Significant expansions occurred with Endurance International Group, D-Wave Systems Inc., Square Inc., Pandora Media, Groupon, FirstMerit Corporation, Vivint Inc., General Atlantic, and Avalon Health Care.
"We're looking forward to using the new features in Coupa Release 11. With just 6 months of data in our system, we've been successful on every front of implementation," said Dave Lorz, Senior Director Global Supply Chain of Greif Inc. "We're getting close to our monthly spend goal with almost 80% already managed with Coupa. And we've far exceeded the number of suppliers that we anticipated to have on the Coupa supplier network."
About Coupa Software
Founded in 2006, Coupa Software is a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance with more than 400 customers headquartered in 40 countries around the globe. Only Coupa provides a suite of true cloud applications for finance, including procurement, expense management and accounts payable that allows customers to launch the solution immediately and quickly realize significant savings. Learn more at: coupa.com or call +1 (650) 931-3200. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Grayling for Coupa Software
+1 415 442-4018
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Feb. 26, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 124
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 4,285
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 6,293
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Feb. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 5,783
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,852
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 8,499
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 2,032
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Feb. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,764
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 2,342
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 13,726
Feb. 26, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,786
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,222
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 5,225
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,750
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,512