|By Marketwired .||
|May 6, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/14 -- Coupa Software, a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance, today announced its results for the first quarter of 2014 highlighted by 100% growth over Q1, 2013. Coupa achieved extraordinary results that will fuel future growth. The company raised an additional $40 million in funding, signed key new partnerships, and expanded the executive team.
"Humbled by the support of our growing global customer base, we're proud of our strong start to 2014," said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. "With the additional resources of our funding round and record revenues combined with our strategic partnerships we're well positioned to deliver true innovation with our SaaS platform and drive customer success as we continue to scale globally."
Q1 2014 Coupa highlights
- Revenue: Coupa posted a 100% increase in revenue over Q1, 2013.
- Renewals: Renewals exceeded 97% for the quarter.
- New Partners: Coupa announced integration with Box and DocuSign to provide new functionality to the Coupa application suite. The company also announced a partnership with Alibaba.com wherein Coupa customers now have access to millions of additional suppliers directly from within the Coupa platform. Coupa also announced a partnership with Keboola to help customers aggregate their spend data from multiple systems into Coupa Analytics' intelligent reporting platform.
- New Funding: Coupa bolstered its financial resources by raising a $40 million Series F investment round, bringing total investment in Coupa to $87.5 million to date. Meritech Capital led the funding round, with participation from Icon Ventures and Northgate Ventures. Existing investors Crosslink Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Battery Ventures, El Dorado Ventures, and Blue Run Ventures also participated.
- SAP Certification: The Coupa 11 suite of applications achieved SAP certification as powered by the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform. Coupa currently has 27 customers worldwide already integrating with SAP® solutions.
- New Solutions: Coupa announced a new addition to its suite of applications; Coupa Inventory. Coupa Inventory helps companies eliminate redundant spend, streamline stock management, and gain actionable insights into their inventory. Coupa also announced the availability of Coupa Release 11 that includes over 60 new features across Coupa's application suite.
- Supplier Growth: Coupa expanded its supplier base with the announcement of a partnership with Alibaba.com. Coupa customers can easily search for, find, and purchase directly from the millions of suppliers on Alibaba.com from within Coupa. This is in addition to the approximately one million suppliers already transacting with customers through Coupa.
- INSPIRE 2014: Coupa hosted its annual INSPIRE user conference in San Francisco with over 1,000 registered customers, prospects, partners, industry analysts, and press.
- Expanded Leadership Team: Coupa expanded its executive leadership team with the addition of Tom Aitchison, who joined the company as the new Executive Vice President of Global Sales. Aitchison, an accomplished sales veteran with a successful track record in managing sales organizations of high-growth companies, is responsible for expanding Coupa's rapid global growth worldwide.
- Hiring: Coupa continued to aggressively hire to support its growth. In Q1 2014 Coupa's hiring increased substantially compared to the previous quarter. To support the demand for Coupa's financial solutions, the company will continue to expand the global team throughout the year.
- Awards: Coupa received industry recognition in Q1, 2014 for both the company and its cloud solution. Coupa was named a winner in the "Best Places to Work in the Greater Bay Area" awards, presented by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. The company was also named as a finalist for the 2014 Software Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award in the Best Cloud Platform as a Service category.
Highlights of new customer wins in Q1 2014 include: Sonic Automotive, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Teleperformance USA, Associated Materials, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Sentara Healthcare, Peverel Group Services, Apartment Investment and Management Company, Informatica Corporation, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, New York Medical College, Halcon Resources, Verallia, Bonanza Creek Energy, Sandvik AB, World Vision International, GCA Services Group, Brookdale Senior Living, Solarwinds Inc., Access Community Health Network, Availity, Golden Living, Quiksilver Inc., ClearChoice Dental, OLX Inc., Riot Games Inc., Ooyala Inc., and Cable and Wireless Caribbean.
Significant expansions occurred with Endurance International Group, D-Wave Systems Inc., Square Inc., Pandora Media, Groupon, FirstMerit Corporation, Vivint Inc., General Atlantic, and Avalon Health Care.
"We're looking forward to using the new features in Coupa Release 11. With just 6 months of data in our system, we've been successful on every front of implementation," said Dave Lorz, Senior Director Global Supply Chain of Greif Inc. "We're getting close to our monthly spend goal with almost 80% already managed with Coupa. And we've far exceeded the number of suppliers that we anticipated to have on the Coupa supplier network."
About Coupa Software
Founded in 2006, Coupa Software is a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance with more than 400 customers headquartered in 40 countries around the globe. Only Coupa provides a suite of true cloud applications for finance, including procurement, expense management and accounts payable that allows customers to launch the solution immediately and quickly realize significant savings. Learn more at: coupa.com or call +1 (650) 931-3200. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Grayling for Coupa Software
+1 415 442-4018
SYS-CON Events announced today BZ Media LLC has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and Commercial Drone markets.
May. 26, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,425
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,085
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 543
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,892
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,623
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 905
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,093
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,783
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,834
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,895
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,728
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 969
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,207
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,131