|By Marketwired .||
|May 6, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/14 -- Coupa Software, a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance, today announced its results for the first quarter of 2014 highlighted by 100% growth over Q1, 2013. Coupa achieved extraordinary results that will fuel future growth. The company raised an additional $40 million in funding, signed key new partnerships, and expanded the executive team.
"Humbled by the support of our growing global customer base, we're proud of our strong start to 2014," said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. "With the additional resources of our funding round and record revenues combined with our strategic partnerships we're well positioned to deliver true innovation with our SaaS platform and drive customer success as we continue to scale globally."
Q1 2014 Coupa highlights
- Revenue: Coupa posted a 100% increase in revenue over Q1, 2013.
- Renewals: Renewals exceeded 97% for the quarter.
- New Partners: Coupa announced integration with Box and DocuSign to provide new functionality to the Coupa application suite. The company also announced a partnership with Alibaba.com wherein Coupa customers now have access to millions of additional suppliers directly from within the Coupa platform. Coupa also announced a partnership with Keboola to help customers aggregate their spend data from multiple systems into Coupa Analytics' intelligent reporting platform.
- New Funding: Coupa bolstered its financial resources by raising a $40 million Series F investment round, bringing total investment in Coupa to $87.5 million to date. Meritech Capital led the funding round, with participation from Icon Ventures and Northgate Ventures. Existing investors Crosslink Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Battery Ventures, El Dorado Ventures, and Blue Run Ventures also participated.
- SAP Certification: The Coupa 11 suite of applications achieved SAP certification as powered by the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform. Coupa currently has 27 customers worldwide already integrating with SAP® solutions.
- New Solutions: Coupa announced a new addition to its suite of applications; Coupa Inventory. Coupa Inventory helps companies eliminate redundant spend, streamline stock management, and gain actionable insights into their inventory. Coupa also announced the availability of Coupa Release 11 that includes over 60 new features across Coupa's application suite.
- Supplier Growth: Coupa expanded its supplier base with the announcement of a partnership with Alibaba.com. Coupa customers can easily search for, find, and purchase directly from the millions of suppliers on Alibaba.com from within Coupa. This is in addition to the approximately one million suppliers already transacting with customers through Coupa.
- INSPIRE 2014: Coupa hosted its annual INSPIRE user conference in San Francisco with over 1,000 registered customers, prospects, partners, industry analysts, and press.
- Expanded Leadership Team: Coupa expanded its executive leadership team with the addition of Tom Aitchison, who joined the company as the new Executive Vice President of Global Sales. Aitchison, an accomplished sales veteran with a successful track record in managing sales organizations of high-growth companies, is responsible for expanding Coupa's rapid global growth worldwide.
- Hiring: Coupa continued to aggressively hire to support its growth. In Q1 2014 Coupa's hiring increased substantially compared to the previous quarter. To support the demand for Coupa's financial solutions, the company will continue to expand the global team throughout the year.
- Awards: Coupa received industry recognition in Q1, 2014 for both the company and its cloud solution. Coupa was named a winner in the "Best Places to Work in the Greater Bay Area" awards, presented by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. The company was also named as a finalist for the 2014 Software Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award in the Best Cloud Platform as a Service category.
Highlights of new customer wins in Q1 2014 include: Sonic Automotive, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Teleperformance USA, Associated Materials, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Sentara Healthcare, Peverel Group Services, Apartment Investment and Management Company, Informatica Corporation, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, New York Medical College, Halcon Resources, Verallia, Bonanza Creek Energy, Sandvik AB, World Vision International, GCA Services Group, Brookdale Senior Living, Solarwinds Inc., Access Community Health Network, Availity, Golden Living, Quiksilver Inc., ClearChoice Dental, OLX Inc., Riot Games Inc., Ooyala Inc., and Cable and Wireless Caribbean.
Significant expansions occurred with Endurance International Group, D-Wave Systems Inc., Square Inc., Pandora Media, Groupon, FirstMerit Corporation, Vivint Inc., General Atlantic, and Avalon Health Care.
"We're looking forward to using the new features in Coupa Release 11. With just 6 months of data in our system, we've been successful on every front of implementation," said Dave Lorz, Senior Director Global Supply Chain of Greif Inc. "We're getting close to our monthly spend goal with almost 80% already managed with Coupa. And we've far exceeded the number of suppliers that we anticipated to have on the Coupa supplier network."
About Coupa Software
Founded in 2006, Coupa Software is a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance with more than 400 customers headquartered in 40 countries around the globe. Only Coupa provides a suite of true cloud applications for finance, including procurement, expense management and accounts payable that allows customers to launch the solution immediately and quickly realize significant savings. Learn more at: coupa.com or call +1 (650) 931-3200. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Grayling for Coupa Software
+1 415 442-4018
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,321
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 5, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,287
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 5, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,228
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,314
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 5, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,381
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,199
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,262
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,427
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,707
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,409
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 4, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 463
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 4, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,334
Unless you don’t use the internet, don’t live in California, or haven’t been paying attention to the recent news… you should be aware that self-driving cars are on their way to becoming a reality. I have seen them – they are real. If you believe in the future reality of self-driving cars, then continue reading on. If you don’t believe in the future possibilities, then I am not sure what to do to convince you other than discuss the very real changes that will roll out with the consumer producti...
May. 4, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 831
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 693