|By Marketwired .||
|May 6, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/14 -- Coupa Software, a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance, today announced its results for the first quarter of 2014 highlighted by 100% growth over Q1, 2013. Coupa achieved extraordinary results that will fuel future growth. The company raised an additional $40 million in funding, signed key new partnerships, and expanded the executive team.
"Humbled by the support of our growing global customer base, we're proud of our strong start to 2014," said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. "With the additional resources of our funding round and record revenues combined with our strategic partnerships we're well positioned to deliver true innovation with our SaaS platform and drive customer success as we continue to scale globally."
Q1 2014 Coupa highlights
- Revenue: Coupa posted a 100% increase in revenue over Q1, 2013.
- Renewals: Renewals exceeded 97% for the quarter.
- New Partners: Coupa announced integration with Box and DocuSign to provide new functionality to the Coupa application suite. The company also announced a partnership with Alibaba.com wherein Coupa customers now have access to millions of additional suppliers directly from within the Coupa platform. Coupa also announced a partnership with Keboola to help customers aggregate their spend data from multiple systems into Coupa Analytics' intelligent reporting platform.
- New Funding: Coupa bolstered its financial resources by raising a $40 million Series F investment round, bringing total investment in Coupa to $87.5 million to date. Meritech Capital led the funding round, with participation from Icon Ventures and Northgate Ventures. Existing investors Crosslink Capital, Mohr Davidow Ventures, Battery Ventures, El Dorado Ventures, and Blue Run Ventures also participated.
- SAP Certification: The Coupa 11 suite of applications achieved SAP certification as powered by the SAP NetWeaver® technology platform. Coupa currently has 27 customers worldwide already integrating with SAP® solutions.
- New Solutions: Coupa announced a new addition to its suite of applications; Coupa Inventory. Coupa Inventory helps companies eliminate redundant spend, streamline stock management, and gain actionable insights into their inventory. Coupa also announced the availability of Coupa Release 11 that includes over 60 new features across Coupa's application suite.
- Supplier Growth: Coupa expanded its supplier base with the announcement of a partnership with Alibaba.com. Coupa customers can easily search for, find, and purchase directly from the millions of suppliers on Alibaba.com from within Coupa. This is in addition to the approximately one million suppliers already transacting with customers through Coupa.
- INSPIRE 2014: Coupa hosted its annual INSPIRE user conference in San Francisco with over 1,000 registered customers, prospects, partners, industry analysts, and press.
- Expanded Leadership Team: Coupa expanded its executive leadership team with the addition of Tom Aitchison, who joined the company as the new Executive Vice President of Global Sales. Aitchison, an accomplished sales veteran with a successful track record in managing sales organizations of high-growth companies, is responsible for expanding Coupa's rapid global growth worldwide.
- Hiring: Coupa continued to aggressively hire to support its growth. In Q1 2014 Coupa's hiring increased substantially compared to the previous quarter. To support the demand for Coupa's financial solutions, the company will continue to expand the global team throughout the year.
- Awards: Coupa received industry recognition in Q1, 2014 for both the company and its cloud solution. Coupa was named a winner in the "Best Places to Work in the Greater Bay Area" awards, presented by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. The company was also named as a finalist for the 2014 Software Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award in the Best Cloud Platform as a Service category.
Highlights of new customer wins in Q1 2014 include: Sonic Automotive, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Teleperformance USA, Associated Materials, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Sentara Healthcare, Peverel Group Services, Apartment Investment and Management Company, Informatica Corporation, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, New York Medical College, Halcon Resources, Verallia, Bonanza Creek Energy, Sandvik AB, World Vision International, GCA Services Group, Brookdale Senior Living, Solarwinds Inc., Access Community Health Network, Availity, Golden Living, Quiksilver Inc., ClearChoice Dental, OLX Inc., Riot Games Inc., Ooyala Inc., and Cable and Wireless Caribbean.
Significant expansions occurred with Endurance International Group, D-Wave Systems Inc., Square Inc., Pandora Media, Groupon, FirstMerit Corporation, Vivint Inc., General Atlantic, and Avalon Health Care.
"We're looking forward to using the new features in Coupa Release 11. With just 6 months of data in our system, we've been successful on every front of implementation," said Dave Lorz, Senior Director Global Supply Chain of Greif Inc. "We're getting close to our monthly spend goal with almost 80% already managed with Coupa. And we've far exceeded the number of suppliers that we anticipated to have on the Coupa supplier network."
About Coupa Software
Founded in 2006, Coupa Software is a leader in enterprise cloud applications for finance with more than 400 customers headquartered in 40 countries around the globe. Only Coupa provides a suite of true cloud applications for finance, including procurement, expense management and accounts payable that allows customers to launch the solution immediately and quickly realize significant savings. Learn more at: coupa.com or call +1 (650) 931-3200. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Grayling for Coupa Software
+1 415 442-4018
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 22, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,049
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,877
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,744
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 719
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,083
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 711
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 465
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,173
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,123
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 762
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,327
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 22, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,075
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 22, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,831
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,693
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,359