|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:15 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced a new release of its Citrix XenMobile® enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution and a technology preview of new WorxNotes™, WorxEdit™ and WorxDesktop™ workflow-driven mobile productivity apps. The new XenMobile release includes significant enhancements to user experience, platform security and support, as well as management integrations that improve scalability and speed time to value for business. The new workflow-driven mobile productivity apps from Citrix are key business apps with intelligent integrations that seamlessly work together, resulting in a simple and intuitive user experience. For example, people can join a meeting directly from their calendar, take notes and distribute them to all participants with just a few simple taps. As a result, mobile employees can be more productive on their tablets and phones, while IT retains control.
Mobility is a top priority for virtually every organization, from healthcare providers to government institutions, as evidenced by XenMobile’s more than 100 percent year-on-year growth in Q1 FY2014. In order to stay agile and drive business growth, today’s organizations are recognizing the need to securely deliver mobile workspaces that provide all the business tools and information their employees need to be productive in the office and on the go. Over 85 percent of Citrix Mobile Platform customers are choosing integrated EMM offerings versus standalone MDM technologies, because they recognize the urgency for securing and delivering more intelligent and intuitive apps to effectively mobilize their workforce. XenMobile now offers the industry’s most complete family of secure workflow-driven mobile productivity apps for business.
New XenMobile Release Highlights
- WorxMail™ & WorxWeb™ Enhancements - Adds new, intuitive features in WorxMail for secure mobile email to help people navigate quickly between email, calendar and contacts. The latest version reduces the time spent reading, deleting and sorting through emails. For example, people can quickly go through emails with a swipe up to mark the email read, or swipe down to delete the email. WorxWeb for secure web access sports an improved user interface and support for offline viewing of webpages.
- Windows Phone 8 Support - Integrates and extends support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. IT organizations can manage iOS, Android and Windows devices from a single platform with a common feature set and improve productivity with new WorxMail and WorxWeb for Windows Phone 8.
- Enhanced Security Capabilities - Secure data in motion and at rest on mobile devices with cross-platform FIPS 140-2 compliance, including iOS and Android devices, and third party penetration testing.
- Cloud Enhancements - All of the new capabilities are also available for XenMobile cloud deployments in high availability configurations.
New Workflow-Driven Productivity Apps Technology Preview
- WorxNotes - Enables people to easily capture notes using the app on their mobile devices, send the notes to colleagues via WorxMail, associate the notes with calendar invites and store the notes in Citrix ShareFile®. People can securely and easily attach media files, audio clips, white-board discussions and camera objects directly into WorxNotes to capture and share notes in any format.
- WorxEdit - Simplifies editing of local files on mobile devices that are received as attachments in WorxMail, stored on corporate desktops or saved in ShareFile. The app provides rich content editing for office documents stored locally on mobile devices with the ability to sync and share the edits with colleagues.
- WorxDesktop - Allows people to instantly access their files, apps or desktop from their mobile devices. This app provides remote connectivity to physical desktops and enables people to easily resume working anywhere, anytime.
- Worx-enabled Third-Party Apps - A rich collection of new third-party Worx-enabled apps for productivity, mobile app development and management services are available in the Citrix Worx App Gallery. New apps include ArmorText for secure messaging, AnyPresence for mobile backend as a service (MBaaS), Comply 365 for secure content access, Tangoe for telecom expense management and mobility managed services and Xerox Mobile Print for mobile printing.
Alan Brogden, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, March of Dimes
“The use of mobile devices for work is now a part of everyday life at March of Dimes. Secure access to business apps and data is absolutely critical for our staff, but what adds to their research and operational productivity is that these apps are integrated and work seamlessly together. Citrix has a solid understanding of that with their focus on secure workflow-driven mobile productivity apps.”
Rajiv Taori, Vice President of Product Management, Mobile Platforms Group, Citrix
“Citrix has focused on delivering applications to anyone, anytime, on any network for decades. Building on this rich experience, Citrix solutions have evolved to deliver against this new IT imperative of mobility by providing mobile workspace solutions that enable new ways for people to work better. The new workflow-driven mobile apps in XenMobile provide seamless integration between commonly used enterprise apps, improving the productivity of business users. We have also made significant enhancements to XenMobile cloud, allowing us to deliver these innovations equally in the cloud or on-premises.”
XenMobile 9.0 will be available for download in June 2014. WorxNotes, WorxEdit and WorxDesktop will be available for a technology preview for existing customers with active maintenance in June 2014. For more information, please contact Citrix sales.
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Blog: XenMobile 9.0 Puts Business Users in the Driver Seat
- Blog: Workflow-Driven Apps will Change User's Mobile Experience
- Blog: Citrix Worx App Partners Add Functions Businesses Need
- Blog: Top Enterprise Mobility Trends
- XenMobile Page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ: CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, Citrix XenMobile, Citrix ShareFile, WorxDesktop, WorxEdit, WorxMail, WorxNotes and WorxWeb are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Jul. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 433
Jul. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,385
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,709
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,467
Jul. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,469
Jul. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,127
Jul. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,649
Jul. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,492
Jul. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,189
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,690
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,134
Jul. 30, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,352
Jul. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,081
Jul. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,295
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,509