|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:15 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced new Citrix ShareFile® features that deliver the broadest storage access for users and the most choice for IT. The new features give users the ability to access and edit files from multiple data sources on their mobile devices and businesses more control over their data encryption keys, resulting in increased productivity and security. These capabilities are available in the company’s secure file sync and sharing solution ShareFile, Citrix XenMobile® and the new Citrix Workspace Suite.
According to a recent study by Enterprise Strategy Group1, more than two-thirds of IT professionals using pure cloud-based online file storage are extremely interested in storing some or all data on-premises. People have also come to expect instant access to files in the moment they need them in order to be productive. ShareFile provides users with one place to access and edit files stored on-premises and in the cloud from their mobile devices, improving productivity through a secure mobile workspace.
What’s New in ShareFile
- Integration with Any Enterprise Content Management System - Data within today’s businesses lives in a range of places that are not easily accessible outside of corporate networks or from mobile devices. ShareFile StorageZone Connectors help businesses by establishing direct and secure mobile access to data in its original location behind the corporate firewall. Connectors for Microsoft SharePoint and network shares are already used by thousands of companies since launching at Citrix Synergy last year. Taking it one step further, Citrix is now opening its platform by releasing a ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK. This SDK allows any IT or partner organization to develop connectors to any enterprise content management (ECM) system, thereby expanding the types of data users can access and edit on the go via ShareFile. Point.io and CloudFuze are two partners who have already built connectors for ECM systems, including Alfresco, Documentum and Filenet.
- More Storage Options - New ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors allow users to access their Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts from ShareFile. It provides enterprises with the flexibility to determine how and where users store files. For businesses looking to manage their corporate data in one place, IT can choose to enable ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors for a defined period of time and require users to migrate all corporate data from personal file sharing services to ShareFile. If IT chooses to keep personal file sharing services available, users can continue to take advantage of the productivity benefits that ShareFile offers, including editing and annotating, for personal files such as tax forms or contracts.
- Encryption Key Ownership - With most cloud file sharing services, files are encrypted but businesses don’t hold the key. Their service provider does. Yet, some businesses prefer to maintain the keys to their own encrypted data. With Citrix, businesses can manage their own ShareFile StorageZones in Microsoft Azure to benefit from the elasticity and flexibility of the cloud while maintaining ownership of their own encryption keys - an advantage typically only available on-premises.
- Office Document Creation, Editing and PDF Annotation - It’s not enough to just access, collaborate and share documents on mobile devices, people need the tools to create and edit documents on the go in order to be fully productive. That is why Citrix is extending mobile document creation and editing capabilities to all ShareFile customers. Previously only available to enterprise customers, these features allow users to create, review and edit Microsoft Office documents and annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile on mobile devices. By enabling users to leverage a native editor, IT can restrict the use of third-party editors that create an unsecured copy of a file, putting corporate data at risk.
- New ShareFile for iPhone: Optimized for Mobile - Inspired by user feedback and designed to take full advantage of iOS 7, Citrix will release a reimagined experience for customers using ShareFile on iPhones. Optimized around what people want to do on their phones, the new app will be faster, simpler and debuts a contextual menu offering customers the right functionality, in the right context, at the right time. A real-time algorithm determines the menu options that are needed based on where users are within the app and what they have selected. The result is a simpler, less cluttered interface, enabling users to work faster and smarter.
Terri McClure, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Our research indicates that there is increasing demand for alternatives to the ‘one-size-fits-all,’ cloud-based approach. This demand is driven by both security concerns and a desire to leverage existing on-premises IT investments. Hybrid solutions such as Citrix ShareFile address both of these issues. Citrix, with its ShareFile hybrid storage offering, seems to be in the right place at the right time.”
Jesse Lipson, vice president, Citrix
“Enterprise IT is like an archeological dig - layers upon layers of services have built up over decades. Enterprises want a solution that can deal with this heterogeneity. With ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK, Citrix is unifying access to all popular enterprise content management systems from mobile devices, making it easier to swiftly and securely take care of business from anywhere.”
Customer-managed StorageZones for Microsoft Windows Azure and ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK are available now. Document editing for all ShareFile customers and the new ShareFile for iPhone will be available for download from the Apple App Store in May 2014. ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors will be available in June 2014.
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZone Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZones
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Security and Authentication
- Blog: Connect to Any ECM System with the New ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK
- Report: The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions
- ShareFile page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
1 Source: Enterprise Strategy Group, The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions, February 2014
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, ShareFile and XenMobile are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,322
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,615
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,908
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,808
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,648
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 25, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,781
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 25, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,565
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 487
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 643
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 24, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,496
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,149
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,884
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 319
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,623