|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:15 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced new Citrix ShareFile® features that deliver the broadest storage access for users and the most choice for IT. The new features give users the ability to access and edit files from multiple data sources on their mobile devices and businesses more control over their data encryption keys, resulting in increased productivity and security. These capabilities are available in the company’s secure file sync and sharing solution ShareFile, Citrix XenMobile® and the new Citrix Workspace Suite.
According to a recent study by Enterprise Strategy Group1, more than two-thirds of IT professionals using pure cloud-based online file storage are extremely interested in storing some or all data on-premises. People have also come to expect instant access to files in the moment they need them in order to be productive. ShareFile provides users with one place to access and edit files stored on-premises and in the cloud from their mobile devices, improving productivity through a secure mobile workspace.
What’s New in ShareFile
- Integration with Any Enterprise Content Management System - Data within today’s businesses lives in a range of places that are not easily accessible outside of corporate networks or from mobile devices. ShareFile StorageZone Connectors help businesses by establishing direct and secure mobile access to data in its original location behind the corporate firewall. Connectors for Microsoft SharePoint and network shares are already used by thousands of companies since launching at Citrix Synergy last year. Taking it one step further, Citrix is now opening its platform by releasing a ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK. This SDK allows any IT or partner organization to develop connectors to any enterprise content management (ECM) system, thereby expanding the types of data users can access and edit on the go via ShareFile. Point.io and CloudFuze are two partners who have already built connectors for ECM systems, including Alfresco, Documentum and Filenet.
- More Storage Options - New ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors allow users to access their Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts from ShareFile. It provides enterprises with the flexibility to determine how and where users store files. For businesses looking to manage their corporate data in one place, IT can choose to enable ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors for a defined period of time and require users to migrate all corporate data from personal file sharing services to ShareFile. If IT chooses to keep personal file sharing services available, users can continue to take advantage of the productivity benefits that ShareFile offers, including editing and annotating, for personal files such as tax forms or contracts.
- Encryption Key Ownership - With most cloud file sharing services, files are encrypted but businesses don’t hold the key. Their service provider does. Yet, some businesses prefer to maintain the keys to their own encrypted data. With Citrix, businesses can manage their own ShareFile StorageZones in Microsoft Azure to benefit from the elasticity and flexibility of the cloud while maintaining ownership of their own encryption keys - an advantage typically only available on-premises.
- Office Document Creation, Editing and PDF Annotation - It’s not enough to just access, collaborate and share documents on mobile devices, people need the tools to create and edit documents on the go in order to be fully productive. That is why Citrix is extending mobile document creation and editing capabilities to all ShareFile customers. Previously only available to enterprise customers, these features allow users to create, review and edit Microsoft Office documents and annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile on mobile devices. By enabling users to leverage a native editor, IT can restrict the use of third-party editors that create an unsecured copy of a file, putting corporate data at risk.
- New ShareFile for iPhone: Optimized for Mobile - Inspired by user feedback and designed to take full advantage of iOS 7, Citrix will release a reimagined experience for customers using ShareFile on iPhones. Optimized around what people want to do on their phones, the new app will be faster, simpler and debuts a contextual menu offering customers the right functionality, in the right context, at the right time. A real-time algorithm determines the menu options that are needed based on where users are within the app and what they have selected. The result is a simpler, less cluttered interface, enabling users to work faster and smarter.
Terri McClure, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Our research indicates that there is increasing demand for alternatives to the ‘one-size-fits-all,’ cloud-based approach. This demand is driven by both security concerns and a desire to leverage existing on-premises IT investments. Hybrid solutions such as Citrix ShareFile address both of these issues. Citrix, with its ShareFile hybrid storage offering, seems to be in the right place at the right time.”
Jesse Lipson, vice president, Citrix
“Enterprise IT is like an archeological dig - layers upon layers of services have built up over decades. Enterprises want a solution that can deal with this heterogeneity. With ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK, Citrix is unifying access to all popular enterprise content management systems from mobile devices, making it easier to swiftly and securely take care of business from anywhere.”
Customer-managed StorageZones for Microsoft Windows Azure and ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK are available now. Document editing for all ShareFile customers and the new ShareFile for iPhone will be available for download from the Apple App Store in May 2014. ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors will be available in June 2014.
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZone Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZones
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Security and Authentication
- Blog: Connect to Any ECM System with the New ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK
- Report: The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions
- ShareFile page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
1 Source: Enterprise Strategy Group, The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions, February 2014
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, ShareFile and XenMobile are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:15 PM EST Reads: 107
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 466
"eFolder does a lot of different things but we protect data and we are focused on protecting data no matter where it resides," explained Carlo Tapia, Product Marketing Manager at eFolder, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 506
Cloud computing is unquestionably one of the driving forces of DevOps, as the automation of operations transforms enterprise software development. DevOps, however, is more than a technology trend, as it represents a move toward silo-busting, self-organizing horizontal teams that drive business velocity. At the same time, enterprise Digital Transformation represents an upheaval across the enterprise, as customer preferences and behavior drive enterprise technology decisions. This transformation ...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 148
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 385
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 448
In demand-intensive mobile and web applications, an emerging pattern is to host the Systems of Engagement in the cloud (for maximum responsiveness) but keep the Systems of Record with the other important business systems in the company datacenter, often on a tightly secured mainframe. But what about the space in between? In this IBM Redpaper publication, we show that the IBM Bluemix cloud platform offers technologies that make it easy for cloud-based SoEs to securely connect to on-premises IBM...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 453
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 551
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 358
OpsHub, Inc. has announced enhanced support for DevOps and Migration for both Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio On-line in a heterogeneous environment. With added support for build and release entities in OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) Microsoft customers can now leverage Visual Studio build and release services to manage DevOps processes in a heterogeneous environment. With the enhanced support customers can manage the DevOps process in Team Foundation Server while undertaking activit...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:42 PM EST
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 310
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 312