|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:15 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced new Citrix ShareFile® features that deliver the broadest storage access for users and the most choice for IT. The new features give users the ability to access and edit files from multiple data sources on their mobile devices and businesses more control over their data encryption keys, resulting in increased productivity and security. These capabilities are available in the company’s secure file sync and sharing solution ShareFile, Citrix XenMobile® and the new Citrix Workspace Suite.
According to a recent study by Enterprise Strategy Group1, more than two-thirds of IT professionals using pure cloud-based online file storage are extremely interested in storing some or all data on-premises. People have also come to expect instant access to files in the moment they need them in order to be productive. ShareFile provides users with one place to access and edit files stored on-premises and in the cloud from their mobile devices, improving productivity through a secure mobile workspace.
What’s New in ShareFile
- Integration with Any Enterprise Content Management System - Data within today’s businesses lives in a range of places that are not easily accessible outside of corporate networks or from mobile devices. ShareFile StorageZone Connectors help businesses by establishing direct and secure mobile access to data in its original location behind the corporate firewall. Connectors for Microsoft SharePoint and network shares are already used by thousands of companies since launching at Citrix Synergy last year. Taking it one step further, Citrix is now opening its platform by releasing a ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK. This SDK allows any IT or partner organization to develop connectors to any enterprise content management (ECM) system, thereby expanding the types of data users can access and edit on the go via ShareFile. Point.io and CloudFuze are two partners who have already built connectors for ECM systems, including Alfresco, Documentum and Filenet.
- More Storage Options - New ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors allow users to access their Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive accounts from ShareFile. It provides enterprises with the flexibility to determine how and where users store files. For businesses looking to manage their corporate data in one place, IT can choose to enable ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors for a defined period of time and require users to migrate all corporate data from personal file sharing services to ShareFile. If IT chooses to keep personal file sharing services available, users can continue to take advantage of the productivity benefits that ShareFile offers, including editing and annotating, for personal files such as tax forms or contracts.
- Encryption Key Ownership - With most cloud file sharing services, files are encrypted but businesses don’t hold the key. Their service provider does. Yet, some businesses prefer to maintain the keys to their own encrypted data. With Citrix, businesses can manage their own ShareFile StorageZones in Microsoft Azure to benefit from the elasticity and flexibility of the cloud while maintaining ownership of their own encryption keys - an advantage typically only available on-premises.
- Office Document Creation, Editing and PDF Annotation - It’s not enough to just access, collaborate and share documents on mobile devices, people need the tools to create and edit documents on the go in order to be fully productive. That is why Citrix is extending mobile document creation and editing capabilities to all ShareFile customers. Previously only available to enterprise customers, these features allow users to create, review and edit Microsoft Office documents and annotate Adobe PDF files within ShareFile on mobile devices. By enabling users to leverage a native editor, IT can restrict the use of third-party editors that create an unsecured copy of a file, putting corporate data at risk.
- New ShareFile for iPhone: Optimized for Mobile - Inspired by user feedback and designed to take full advantage of iOS 7, Citrix will release a reimagined experience for customers using ShareFile on iPhones. Optimized around what people want to do on their phones, the new app will be faster, simpler and debuts a contextual menu offering customers the right functionality, in the right context, at the right time. A real-time algorithm determines the menu options that are needed based on where users are within the app and what they have selected. The result is a simpler, less cluttered interface, enabling users to work faster and smarter.
Terri McClure, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Our research indicates that there is increasing demand for alternatives to the ‘one-size-fits-all,’ cloud-based approach. This demand is driven by both security concerns and a desire to leverage existing on-premises IT investments. Hybrid solutions such as Citrix ShareFile address both of these issues. Citrix, with its ShareFile hybrid storage offering, seems to be in the right place at the right time.”
Jesse Lipson, vice president, Citrix
“Enterprise IT is like an archeological dig - layers upon layers of services have built up over decades. Enterprises want a solution that can deal with this heterogeneity. With ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK, Citrix is unifying access to all popular enterprise content management systems from mobile devices, making it easier to swiftly and securely take care of business from anywhere.”
Customer-managed StorageZones for Microsoft Windows Azure and ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK are available now. Document editing for all ShareFile customers and the new ShareFile for iPhone will be available for download from the Apple App Store in May 2014. ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors will be available in June 2014.
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZone Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Personal Cloud Connectors
- Video: Citrix ShareFile StorageZones
- Video: Citrix ShareFile Enterprise Security and Authentication
- Blog: Connect to Any ECM System with the New ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK
- Report: The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions
- ShareFile page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #CitrixSynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
1 Source: Enterprise Strategy Group, The Demand for Hybrid Online File Sharing Solutions, February 2014
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company's key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, ShareFile and XenMobile are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries.
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,025
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,923
While DevOps promises a better and tighter integration among an organization’s development and operation teams and transforms an application life cycle into a continual deployment, Chef and Azure together provides a speedy, cost-effective and highly scalable vehicle for realizing the business values of this transformation. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, a Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, will present a unique opportunity to witness how Chef and Azure work tog...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,572
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,599
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,319
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,198
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,420
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,437
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 24, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,647
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,788
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,475
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,699
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,509
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,676
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,485