|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced the new Citrix Workspace Suite, which unites its market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies to make it even easier for people to work anywhere. Providing instant, secure access to all apps, desktops, data and services from any device over any network, Citrix Workspace Suite enables businesses to empower people to choose when, where and how work gets done, giving them a new level of freedom, flexibility and choice.
"Mobility in the workplace has become both an expectation and necessity very quickly," said Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix. "Until now, businesses have had to rely on disparate technologies to address desktop, mobile and app infrastructure challenges, but those standalone products are no longer meeting the needs of a newly mobilized workforce. The new Citrix Workspace Suite brings together desktop, mobile, app and data services to provide people with a personal mobile workspace that follows them no matter where they go, what device they use or how they are connected. For the last 25 years, Citrix has built solutions based on real-world production deployments that enable people to work better. It is only fitting that we would now provide the most comprehensive and integrated solution for empowering mobile workers." (Photo: Business Wire)
The availability of Citrix Workspace Suite follows the company’s recent announcement about the emerging mobile workspace market. In fact, analysts predict that this market will grow 15 times in the next three years1 as organizations look to embrace business mobility. Citrix is the only vendor that offers the established leadership and proven technologies in all the areas needed – from app and desktop virtualization, to mobile app and device management, to cloud networking – to enable the delivery of comprehensive and personalized mobile workspaces. With today’s announcement, customers can now leverage an integrated solution for securely delivering apps, desktops, files and services to any user, on any device over any network with a high performance user experience.
With the rapid emergence of new devices and app platforms, combined with the explosion in consumerization, mobility and BYOD initiatives, organizations must find a way to manage and secure the diversity of today’s IT environments. Currently, 61 percent of information workers are working outside the office2, yet 72 percent of workers do not feel equipped with the technology necessary to get their jobs done in these locations3. In addition, people are using more than three different devices a day to get their jobs done4 and looking forward, analysts predict that by 2017, half of employers will require employees to bring their own personal devices to work5. To keep pace with this fast progression in mobility and consumerization, many businesses have made multiple technology purchases to address challenges as they arise. As a result, they are now managing multiple and costly infrastructures that each require separate support and different skillsets, yet don’t always meet workers’ needs.
The new Citrix Workspace Suite provides a single, flexible solution that will support multiple corporate or BYO devices per user, instant access to apps, data and services, and simplify how organizations manage and secure their end user computing environment. It combines key Citrix technologies, including application and desktop virtualization, mobile application and device management, native mobile productivity apps, enterprise file sync and share, WAN optimization and an access gateway to enable comprehensive management and support of application, desktop and mobile infrastructures. As a result, businesses can improve employee productivity and fully secure enterprise content. Key features include:
- High-performance user experience. Citrix Workspace Suite delivers an optimal experience for any app or desktop. Using a universal client available on all tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs or thin clients, IT can always deliver high-performance content whether over low bandwidth, high latency WAN, a highly variable 3G/4G mobile network or a reliable corporate LAN. And IT can deliver an optimized, native experience on any mobile device while securing the delivery of any type of app.
- Secure by design. Citrix Workspace Suite offers enterprise-grade security to ensure data and applications are always secure and compliant. This enables workers to access and sync all of their data from any device and securely share it with people both inside and outside the organization. At the same time, IT has the flexibility to manage that data on-premises, in the cloud or use a mix of both for the best economics. Organizations can minimize the loss of intellectual property and sensitive private information through the centralization of applications and desktops, which keeps all data in the datacenter. In addition, IT can add features, such as data encryption, password authentication, secure lock and wipe, inter-app policies and micro VPNs to mobile apps to further secure data on the device.
- Single, flexible solution. The diversity in today’s workforce has forced multiple desktop, mobile and app infrastructure deployments that each require their own management and support. Citrix Workspace Suite addresses this challenge with a single, flexible solution that can streamline application and desktop deployment and lifecycle management to reduce IT costs. By centrally managing and delivering on-demand standard images, IT can improve the success rate of application and desktop image updates and provide role-based management, configuration, security and support for corporate and employee-owned devices.
- Self-service access to all apps. Citrix Workspace Suite provides a unified app store that aggregates Windows, web, SaaS and mobile apps for delivery to any device. The app store allows IT to host all enterprise services in a single place where workers have self-service access to the content they need to be productive. In addition, Citrix Workspace Suite includes native mobile apps for secure email, calendar and browsing to maximize productivity and security for mobile workers.
- Personalized content to every user. Today’s workforce demands the flexibility to work from anywhere on any device. With Citrix Workspace Suite, workers can access all of their applications, data and even their personalized desktops from any corporate or BYO device, including tablets, smartphones, PCs, Macs or thin clients. At the same time, IT can customize and secure the right set of applications, desktop and data to deliver to workers while optimizing the content to meet the performance, personalization and mobility requirements of each individual.
Citrix Workspace Suite is available immediately. Please visit here for more information.
For a limited time, Citrix is offering several Citrix Workspace Suite promotions:
- Organizations using VMware Horizon or VMware View can purchase Citrix Workspace Suite licenses at 50 percent off when they trade their Horizon or View licenses for Citrix Workspace Suite.
- Organizations can receive 25 percent off Citrix Workspace Suite licenses when they make the strategic decision to migrate from their Blackberry devices.
- Organizations can receive 25 percent off Citrix Workspace Suite licenses for use with new Google Chromebooks.
Also for a limited time, XenApp, XenDesktop, XenMobile and ShareFile Enterprise customers can take advantage of special savings of up to 70 percent for trading up to Citrix Workspace Suite. Trading up to Citrix Workspace Suite provides customers with all of the functionality they are accustomed to with their current Citrix products, combined with new, powerful capabilities to complete their mobile workspace.
Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix
“Mobility in the workplace has become both an expectation and necessity very quickly. Until now, businesses have had to rely on disparate technologies to address desktop, mobile and app infrastructure challenges, but those standalone products are no longer meeting the needs of a newly mobilized workforce. Citrix Workspace Suite brings together desktop, mobile, app and data services to provide people with a personal mobile workspace that follows them no matter where they go, what device they use or how they are connected. For the last 25 years, Citrix has built solutions based on real-world production deployments that enable people to work better. It is only fitting that we would now provide the most comprehensive and integrated solution for empowering mobile workers.”
Sudhakar Ramakrishna, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise and Service Provider Division, Citrix
“Helping people work better is the core goal for every Citrix solution. Citrix Workspace Suite builds on the expertise we have gained in building market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies and brings working better to a new level. We have integrated our key technologies in a single solution that not only automates the processes behind delivering access to all apps, data and services to any device, but also ensures the user experience is optimized for greater productivity.”
Mark Bowker, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Mobile workspaces are playing a key role in addressing the new organizational imperative around secure mobility. Citrix Workspace Suite addresses these needs by providing a comprehensive platform that arms employees with the flexibility to securely access apps, data, and services from anywhere, on any device.”
Sujai Hajela, senior vice president, Enterprise Networking, Cisco
“The need for mobility, security and usability in today’s businesses don’t have to clash. Cisco and Citrix are leading the emerging mobile workspaces market by easing the complexity of delivering apps, data and services while personalizing the user experience – no matter what device, where or how the work needs to get done. Cisco’s expertise in networking, security, unified communications and collaboration combined with the leading technologies for virtualization, mobility and cloud services provided in Citrix Workspace Suite, give our joint customers access to the most comprehensive business mobility solution available today.”
Cameron McNaught, executive vice president, solutions, Fujitsu Global Delivery
“Fujitsu manages some of the largest workplace solutions around the world by seamlessly integrating applications and data and communicating to end-users wherever they need to undertake their work activities. Citrix Workspace Suite will enable the delivery of enhanced mobile services to customers with integration and the best possible service experience.”
Chris Moyer, vice president of mobility and workplace solutions, HP Enterprise Services
“By integrating Citrix Workspace Suite technology into our Client Virtualization Services and Managed Mobility Services, HP can deliver instant and secure mobile access to information and applications. This solution uses the HP managed cloud to accelerate clients’ seamless transition to an environment where work happens anytime, anywhere on any device.”
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Blog: Introducing Citrix Workspace Suite. Business Mobility will never be the same.
- Blog: Citrix and Cisco collaborate to help customers embrace Mobile Workspaces
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces Enable Organizations To Keep Up With a Changing Workforce
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces – The Future of Work (and Life)
- Video: Mobile Workspaces Offer New Ways to Work
- Infographic: Mobile Workspaces Enable New Ways to Work
- Citrix Workspace Suite page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix and Citrix Synergy are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Gartner, Inc., Market Guide for Workspace Aggregators, January 2, 2014
2 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Application and Collaboration Workforce Survey, Q4 2013
3 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Telecom And Mobility Workforce Survey, Q2 2013
5 Gartner, Inc., Market Guide for Workspace Aggregators, January 2, 2014
Jul. 25, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,473
Jul. 25, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,386
Jul. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,253
Jul. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 926
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,254
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,616
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,615
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,479
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,949
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,902
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,625
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,117
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,461
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,463