|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix unveiled advancements toward its vision of providing ways for people to work better from anywhere with mobile workspace solutions. At this week’s conference, attendees will learn about how new offerings based on Citrix virtualization, mobility, networking, and cloud services technologies can further enable secure delivery of apps, desktops, data, and services to any user, on any device, over any network or cloud.
"Work is not a place, but a thing we do. Citrix keeps that reality top of mind as we continually drive product innovation to transform IT service delivery and enable new ways to work better," said Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix. "This week's news at Citrix Synergy introduces key mobile workspace infrastructure components that empower businesses of all sizes to succeed in a dynamic and mobile world. These new offerings, combined with our technology leadership and integration roadmap, demonstrate why Citrix is the best choice for any organization wanting to evolve their business mobility strategy." (Photo: Business Wire)
Citrix has focused on providing people access to apps and data since it was founded 25 years ago. As technology has become a seamless part of both work and personal life, Citrix has removed the barriers for business mobility, empowering their customers to choose when, where, and how work gets done. No other vendor provides the breadth of capabilities, technology leadership and integration roadmap required to enable comprehensive, secure and personalized mobile workspaces - including app and desktop virtualization, mobile app and device management, data sharing and sync and cloud networking. Today’s news from Citrix highlights how the company is enhancing its mobile workspace solutions to provide ways for customers to securely manage a diverse and mobile workforce while optimizing the user experience:
- Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution - The new Citrix Workspace Suite is a single, flexible solution that will support multiple corporate or personal devices per user, providing instant access to app, data and services, and simplifying how organizations manage and secure their end user computing environment. It combines key Citrix technologies, including application and desktop virtualization, mobile application and device management, native mobile productivity apps, enterprise file sync and share, WAN optimization and an access gateway to enable comprehensive management of application, desktop and mobile infrastructures. As a result, businesses can improve employee productivity, simplify IT and fully secure enterprise content.
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Extend Lead in Mobile Workspaces - Citrix is refining its new generation of Windows delivery products with unique features that organizations in healthcare, finance, government and education have relied on for the last 25 years – features that will be available for the first time with both app delivery and VDI. Since releasing new versions of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop® in March 2014, Citrix has continued a brisk pace of innovation to drive even higher levels of security and user experience for virtual Windows apps and desktops. At the conference, Citrix will preview refinements that enhance security capabilities, provide high-performance HTML5 browser-based access from any device, enable fast log-ons, simplify roaming apps across multiple devices and support the latest USB 3.0 peripherals, as well as many more real-world, customer-driven features. In addition, Citrix is releasing a technology preview of migration tools and utilities that will simplify the migration and upgrade process to the latest releases for existing customers.
- Citrix Unveils NetScaler MobileStream Technology - NetScaler® MobileStream™ technology dramatically improves mobile network and application performance along with network visibility, while tightening security for both the enterprise and the end user. NetScaler MobileStream improves data security and mobility support, delivering the most advanced cloud and mobile networking capabilities in the industry. Coupled with Citrix Workspace Suite, only Citrix offers the purpose-built mobile networking functionality that creates a complete end-to-end solution for truly empowering business mobility.
- Citrix ShareFile Secures Files for Today’s Mobile Workspaces - Citrix announced new Citrix ShareFile® features that deliver the broadest storage access for users and the most choice for IT. The new features give users the ability to access and edit files from multiple data sources on their mobile devices, giving businesses the ability to take back control of corporate data in personal data services, resulting in increased productivity and security. Citrix is also releasing a ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK that allows any IT or partner organization to develop connectors to any enterprise content management (ECM) system, expanding the types of data users can access and edit on the go via ShareFile.
- Citrix Unveils Latest XenMobile Release and Previews New Mobile Productivity Apps - The new Citrix XenMobile release includes additional support for Windows Phone 8, operational and scalability enhancements as well as backend integrations that further automate mobile workflows for businesses and end users. The technology preview of new workflow-driven mobile productivity apps - including WorxNotes™, WorxEdit™ and WorxDesktop™ - enable people to be more productive on their tablets or phones, while IT retains control.
Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix
“Work is not a place, but a thing we do. Citrix keeps that reality top of mind as we continually drive product innovation to transform IT service delivery and enable new ways to work better. This week’s news introduces key mobile workspace infrastructure components that empower businesses of all sizes to succeed in a dynamic and mobile world. These new offerings, combined with our technology leadership and integration roadmap, demonstrate why Citrix is the best choice for any organization wanting to evolve their business mobility strategy.”
- Infographic: Mobile Workspaces Enable New Ways to Work
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, MobileStream, XenMobile, WorxNotes, WorxEdit, WorxDesktop and Citrix Synergy are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 8,490
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 2,012
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Feb. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,752
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 13,717
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 2,334
Feb. 26, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,775
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,216
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 5,217
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,742
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,497
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 8,592
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,869
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 9,327
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 9,131
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,728