|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 12:16 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix unveiled advancements toward its vision of providing ways for people to work better from anywhere with mobile workspace solutions. At this week’s conference, attendees will learn about how new offerings based on Citrix virtualization, mobility, networking, and cloud services technologies can further enable secure delivery of apps, desktops, data, and services to any user, on any device, over any network or cloud.
"Work is not a place, but a thing we do. Citrix keeps that reality top of mind as we continually drive product innovation to transform IT service delivery and enable new ways to work better," said Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix. "This week's news at Citrix Synergy introduces key mobile workspace infrastructure components that empower businesses of all sizes to succeed in a dynamic and mobile world. These new offerings, combined with our technology leadership and integration roadmap, demonstrate why Citrix is the best choice for any organization wanting to evolve their business mobility strategy." (Photo: Business Wire)
Citrix has focused on providing people access to apps and data since it was founded 25 years ago. As technology has become a seamless part of both work and personal life, Citrix has removed the barriers for business mobility, empowering their customers to choose when, where, and how work gets done. No other vendor provides the breadth of capabilities, technology leadership and integration roadmap required to enable comprehensive, secure and personalized mobile workspaces - including app and desktop virtualization, mobile app and device management, data sharing and sync and cloud networking. Today’s news from Citrix highlights how the company is enhancing its mobile workspace solutions to provide ways for customers to securely manage a diverse and mobile workforce while optimizing the user experience:
- Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution - The new Citrix Workspace Suite is a single, flexible solution that will support multiple corporate or personal devices per user, providing instant access to app, data and services, and simplifying how organizations manage and secure their end user computing environment. It combines key Citrix technologies, including application and desktop virtualization, mobile application and device management, native mobile productivity apps, enterprise file sync and share, WAN optimization and an access gateway to enable comprehensive management of application, desktop and mobile infrastructures. As a result, businesses can improve employee productivity, simplify IT and fully secure enterprise content.
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Extend Lead in Mobile Workspaces - Citrix is refining its new generation of Windows delivery products with unique features that organizations in healthcare, finance, government and education have relied on for the last 25 years – features that will be available for the first time with both app delivery and VDI. Since releasing new versions of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop® in March 2014, Citrix has continued a brisk pace of innovation to drive even higher levels of security and user experience for virtual Windows apps and desktops. At the conference, Citrix will preview refinements that enhance security capabilities, provide high-performance HTML5 browser-based access from any device, enable fast log-ons, simplify roaming apps across multiple devices and support the latest USB 3.0 peripherals, as well as many more real-world, customer-driven features. In addition, Citrix is releasing a technology preview of migration tools and utilities that will simplify the migration and upgrade process to the latest releases for existing customers.
- Citrix Unveils NetScaler MobileStream Technology - NetScaler® MobileStream™ technology dramatically improves mobile network and application performance along with network visibility, while tightening security for both the enterprise and the end user. NetScaler MobileStream improves data security and mobility support, delivering the most advanced cloud and mobile networking capabilities in the industry. Coupled with Citrix Workspace Suite, only Citrix offers the purpose-built mobile networking functionality that creates a complete end-to-end solution for truly empowering business mobility.
- Citrix ShareFile Secures Files for Today’s Mobile Workspaces - Citrix announced new Citrix ShareFile® features that deliver the broadest storage access for users and the most choice for IT. The new features give users the ability to access and edit files from multiple data sources on their mobile devices, giving businesses the ability to take back control of corporate data in personal data services, resulting in increased productivity and security. Citrix is also releasing a ShareFile StorageZone Connectors SDK that allows any IT or partner organization to develop connectors to any enterprise content management (ECM) system, expanding the types of data users can access and edit on the go via ShareFile.
- Citrix Unveils Latest XenMobile Release and Previews New Mobile Productivity Apps - The new Citrix XenMobile release includes additional support for Windows Phone 8, operational and scalability enhancements as well as backend integrations that further automate mobile workflows for businesses and end users. The technology preview of new workflow-driven mobile productivity apps - including WorxNotes™, WorxEdit™ and WorxDesktop™ - enable people to be more productive on their tablets or phones, while IT retains control.
Steve Daheb, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Citrix
“Work is not a place, but a thing we do. Citrix keeps that reality top of mind as we continually drive product innovation to transform IT service delivery and enable new ways to work better. This week’s news introduces key mobile workspace infrastructure components that empower businesses of all sizes to succeed in a dynamic and mobile world. These new offerings, combined with our technology leadership and integration roadmap, demonstrate why Citrix is the best choice for any organization wanting to evolve their business mobility strategy.”
- Infographic: Mobile Workspaces Enable New Ways to Work
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, MobileStream, XenMobile, WorxNotes, WorxEdit, WorxDesktop and Citrix Synergy are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 280
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:17 PM EDT
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 330
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 416
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,054
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 326
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 355
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 257
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 274
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 178