|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 02:31 PM EDT||
Today at Citrix Synergy™, Citrix announced Citrix Workspace Services™, the first platform for designing, building and delivering mobile workspaces. The cloud-based platform allows both partners and customers to rapidly build and offer desktops-as-a-service (DaaS), virtual application delivery and mobility services from any cloud. Citrix leads the DaaS market today serving over 350,000 subscribers, growing 50 percent annually, through over 1,500 service providers who offer hosted desktops and applications. Building on this momentum, Citrix is introducing new capabilities for its partners and customers. Citrix Workspace Services is a cloud-based platform that enables partners, enterprises and independent software vendors (ISVs) to quickly and simply design and deliver mobile workspaces that allow people to work better and increase business productivity, agility and efficiency. Workspace Services builds upon a full range of Citrix technologies including the open architecture of Citrix XenApp® and Citrix XenDesktop® virtual app and desktop delivery, the market-leading user experience of Citrix HDX™ technologies, the most robust mobility solution with Citrix XenMobile®, a comprehensive data fabric with Citrix ShareFile® and a global customer care service with Citrix GoToAssist®.
Today, market forces are impacting the workplace, forcing organizations of all sizes to evolve to meet these challenges. Service providers and enterprises need faster ways to create business value by focusing on delivering a complete mobile workspace where apps, desktops and data services are securely delivered to any user, on any device, over any network. Citrix Workspace Services enables service providers and enterprises to focus on addressing users’ complete workspace needs rather than having to focus on the management of workspace infrastructure. Citrix Workspace Services simplifies the creation and delivery of mobile workspaces by automating the setup, configuration and management of Citrix products.
Citrix Workspace Services is able to provision and deliver across a wide range of public clouds, including the market leaders, as well as private clouds and datacenter infrastructure. Through this unique capability Workspace Services enables partners and customer to host their mobile workspaces on the infrastructure cloud or datacenter of their choice. The Citrix Workspace Services platform is built on Microsoft Azure, leveraging capabilities such as Azure App Services, Azure Active Directory and Azure Virtual Network, and is engineered for global availability, massive scalability, security and reliability. Workspace Services enables Citrix partners and customers to reduce up-front solution costs, accelerate their projects and manage their environments across multiple clouds.
Choice. Versatility. Extensibility. Experience.
Citrix Workspace Services gives partners and customers new levels of choice, versatility, extensibility and experience: the choice to use multiple public clouds, private clouds or enterprise datacenter infrastructure; the versatility to deliver a wide range of workspace services; the extensibility of a cloud-based platform for partners to build differentiated solutions; and the high-definition user experience Citrix customers have come to expect. Workspace Services provides the following functionality:
- A Platform for Citrix Partners – Workspace Services is designed as an extensible, multi-tenant platform for partners, including Citrix Service Providers, system integrators and channel partners, to deliver customer value by providing cloud-based orchestration and delivery for Citrix technology so partners can focus on addressing end-users’ complete workspace needs.
- Ability to Deliver a Complete Mobile Workspace – Mobile workspaces require more than just a hosted desktop or app. Users need a complete portfolio of services, including desktops, apps, mobility solutions and data sharing, to do their jobs. These services become the platform for enterprises to deliver a complete mobile workspace and for service providers to build a differentiated offering.
- Workspace Delivery on the Best Clouds – Workspace Services integrates with the best clouds for any number of workspace needs. It includes provisioning into the leading public clouds, private cloud providers, and the unique ability to integrate with enterprise datacenter infrastructure.
- Delivery with Citrix HDX Technologies – Mobile workspaces require the best user experience across a wide range of devices and network conditions. Only Citrix HDX technologies deliver an optimized experience for any device for use across changing network conditions.
- Unified Experience Across Hybrid Environments – By integrating Workspace Services with enterprise resources and existing deployments, customers and partners can unify the user and management experience across a hybrid cloud environment.
- Convenient Concierge Service – One-click access to a concierge from any device or app allows subscribers to get live assistance through their mobile workspaces. Built on the world’s largest on-demand support platform – Citrix GoToAssist – the concierge service addresses the critical need for supporting a superior subscriber experience.
- User-Focused Analytics –Workspace Services includes user-focused insights to analyze end-user experience, usage, environment and service performance across all locations and clouds. This gives partners and customers the ability to leverage cloud analytics to monitor both new cloud deployments and existing on-premises deployments and correlate issues across the environment.
Citrix Workspace Services will enable the rapid adoption of cloud-based mobile workspaces for service providers and enterprises using the infrastructure of their choice with the freedom to experiment and grow without the up-front fixed costs of a traditional deployment.
Mitch Parker, Vice President and General Manager, Citrix Cloud Services
“With Workspace Services, Citrix is building upon its leadership in DaaS to help our customers and partners more rapidly take advantage of cloud delivery to create complete mobile workspaces for their users. Workspace Services gives customers and partners what no other vendor can, a choice in clouds, the ability to deliver a wide range of workspace services, with the high-definition user experience that users have come to expect from Citrix.”
Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President, Cloud & Enterprise at Microsoft
“Citrix Workspace Services delivered on Microsoft Azure is the latest example of our collaboration with Citrix, which has always been centered on innovation and the success of our mutual customers and partners. Together, we defined the virtual desktop category and now we are collaborating on new Citrix services on Azure, which will do the same for the cloud.”
Jeff Spagnola, Vice President, Cloud Sales at Cisco
“The Cisco Cloud is specifically designed for the delivery of mission-critical workloads such as Citrix Workspace Services. By offering solutions such as desktop-as-a-service, the Citrix Workspace Services offering complements our mutual vision for an open, flexible and scalable architecture truly built to support the Internet of Everything.”
Rick Dehlinger, CTO at nGenx
“Citrix technologies provide nGenx a great platform for delivering compelling services from the cloud. Citrix embracing a 'cloud first' strategy with Workspace Services aligns with our own and the direction the cloud-based platform is headed should ultimately give nGenx more opportunity to focus on what we do best - solving the hard problems for our partners and customers.”
Citrix Workspace Services will be available as a technology preview with cloud desktops in the second half of 2014.
- Announcement: Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Microsoft Blog: Collaborating with Citrix on the Future of DaaS
- Blog: Citrix Workspace Services – mobile workspaces for the best cloud, yours
- Blog: Citrix Workspace Services – The Opportunity for Citrix Service Providers
- Workspace Services page
- More information on Citrix Synergy
- Citrix Synergy 2014 Newsroom
- Twitter: @Citrix, #citrixsynergy
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, including in revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, including risks associated with international growth and IT consolidation, as well as other risks detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix, Citrix Synergy, Workspace Services, XenDesktop, XenApp, HDX, XenMobile, ShareFile and GoToAssist are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,851
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,220
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,043
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 385
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,317
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,932
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,487
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,440
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,872
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 917
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 847
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 341
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 800