|By Business Wire||
|May 7, 2014 09:06 AM EDT||
The Secure Coding Group (led by Masaru Matsunami) of the Japan Smartphone Security Association (JSSEC; Chairman: Hiroshi Yasuda) is releasing an English-language version of Android Application Secure Design/Secure Coding Guidebook, the industry-standard guide to ensuring application security when developing Android smartphone applications.
Why an English Version Was Created
Since its original release in June 2012, Android Application Secure Design/Secure Coding Guidebook has become the de facto standard for Android application security in Japan through such recognition as being cited in the final report of the Smart Phone and Cloud Security Research Society of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication*. The Japan Smartphone Security Association has created an English version of the guide in an effort to contribute to Android application security by making the best practices described in the guide available to a global audience.
About the Guide
The guide describes a methodology for design and development of Android applications that maximizes application security. It’s designed specifically to be used by developers in real-world application development environments. Each chapter includes a sample code section that provides examples of secure coding practices for busy developers, a rulebook section that explains the thinking behind the code examples, and advanced sections that delve deeper into selected security topics.
Features of the Guide
- The guide is written from the developer’s point of view to be usable to working coders.
- The included sample code can both act as a guide to development and be included in commercial products under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- The continued sharing of the most up-to-date security practices is central to the philosophy of the guide. The content will be updated regularly.
Benefits of the Guide
- Learn how to avoid and eliminate security vulnerabilities.
- Gain a deep understanding of little-known Android security mechanisms.
- Use as a guide to both reviewing existing code and planning future projects.
For more details, view the guide at:
The guide will appear at Kindle Store shortly.
* Final report of the Smart Phone and Cloud Security Research Society of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, http://www.soumu.go.jp/menu_news/s-news/01ryutsu03_02000043.html (Japanese)
About the Japan Smartphone Security Association
The Japan Smartphone Security Association, established in May of 2011, encourages the growing popularity of smartphones and tablets in business by addressing a wide variety of security issues and disseminating educational security information to a range of audiences.
”Japan Smartphone Security Association,” “Japan Smartphone Security
Forum,” and “JSSEC” are trademarks of the Japan Smartphone Security
All other company names and product names may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 287
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,605
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,083
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,920
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,854
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,004
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 597
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,790
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,481
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 916
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,687
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,467