|By Marketwired .||
|May 7, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/07/14 -- Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), the not-for-profit trade association that serves the networking, workforce development, and growth capital interests of technology companies in Washington state, today announced the top 15 never-seen-before, early-stage, growth-oriented startup companies selected to present at this year's Spring First Look Forum. First Look Forum, the association's signature investor showcase event, will take place on Wednesday, May 14th from 2:30pm to 7pm at the Davis, Wright, Tremaine LLP law offices in Seattle.
"This year's First Look Forum finalists demonstrate the depth and breadth of innovation at its earliest stages, across all industries taking place in Washington state," said Michael Schutzler, CEO of WTIA. "Showcasing everything from revolutionary new plastics and industrial coatings to the first mobile-only crowdsourcing platform, our forum offers both angel and early stage venture capitalist investors the unique opportunity to be the first to discover these previously under-the-radar startups, our state's hidden gems."
Selected from a pool of highly qualified applicants, these top entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to showcase their ideas for the very first time in front of panel of the region's top venture capitalists representing over 20 angel, venture and investment firms at the 2014 WTIA Spring First Look Forum:
1. BuildPulse (Brice Kosnik) BuildPulse analytics gives builders access to powerful insights from their building allowing them to anticipate issues, target areas to save money and spend less time hunting for problems and more time solving them.
2. Fastbar (Brenton Webster) FastBar increases bar revenue and improves the attendee experience with a cashless RFID payment system designed for pop-up events.
3. Gametiime (Jon Tam) Gametiime is Yelp for sports -- a social discovery service that connects the everyday athlete with events, products and services empowering them to pursue their passion.
4. Grow Plastics (Mike Waggoner) Grow Plastics is a materials science startup with a patent-pending technology to make the lightest, greenest and least expensive plastic materials.
5. Hopela (Irena Menn) Hopela helps passionate donors discover the local non-profit organizations all around them, donate at the moment of inspiration and keep track of all their charitable giving in one convenient place.
6. Joblie (Adam Dreiblatt) Joblie is the first mobile-only crowdsourcing platform. Using the power of the crowd and their smart devices, clients get the business insights they need, when they need them.
7. Joggle (Tom McCann) Millions of people are adopting a life-long habit of engaging their minds through brain games. Joggle offers fun and challenging games with a large potential audience.
8. LuckySteps (Evan Henrich) LuckySteps offers mid-size companies in high-premium industries a simple, effective and fun workplace wellness program focused on physical activity promotion.
9. Magikflix (Mamtha Banerjee) Magikflix is an ad-free, safe, curated video service for kids aged 12 and under, with a Netflix-style interface, parental controls and engaging edutainment content.
10. MathChat (Sam Woodard) MathChat enables students to reach out to people they trust for help on their math homework using a real time collaboration platform on their mobile phones.
11. Pathful (Campbell McDonald) Pathful captures all visitor interactions on a website, including mobile gestures like touch, pinch and zoom. Instead of providing charts and graphs, Pathful pulls out actionable insights for marketers to improve conversion.
12. Ploto (Hari Sivaramakrishnan) Ploto empowers organizations to build great teams by enabling a data-driven approach to recruiting, hiring and managing talent.
13. PolyDrop (Volha Hrechka) PolyDrop's revolutionary additive transforms standard coatings into highly efficient dissipaters of electrostatic discharge.
14. StratoScientific (Mahesh Mulumudi) StratoScientific develops high quality medical devices that increase the accuracy of essential medical practices. Their portfolio of products includes the StethIO, a smartphone stethoscope for visualizing and hearing heart sounds and the LesionSizer, a device to decrease unnecessary stents in angioplasty due to inaccurate lesion length measurement.
15. Trialomics (Brig Mecham) The Trialomics platform saves companies massive amounts of money by turning genomic data analysis into a service.
WTIA has mobilized partners and sponsors from across the industry to put on this one-of-a-kind event. Partners and sponsors this year include Madrona Venture Group, Seattle's Founders Co-Op, Surf, and UpGlobal, Davis Wright Tremaine, Silicon Valley Bank, Foster Pepper, Moss Adams, Perkins Coi, Kutscher, Rhodes & Brenner Inc., Frommer Lawrence & Haug, Pivotal Presentations, among others. The event is open to entrepreneurs and investors to attend.
Each year, WTIA hosts more than 50 professional education and networking events created to assist companies in cultivating their businesses. To learn more about this and other events, visit http://www.washingtontechnology.org/firstlookforum/.
About the Washington Technology Industry Association
Founded in 1984, the WTIA is a not-for profit industry trade association that supports technology companies and professionals, acting as a catalyst for growth and awareness of the information and communications technology (ICT) sector in Washington state. The WTIA helps Washington technology companies prosper through three major strategic initiatives: advocacy, workforce development and fostering technology-based economic growth in the state of Washington. For more information, visit http://www.washingtontechnology.org.
Barokas Public Relations for WTIA
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,465
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 871
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,648
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,737
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,858
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 830
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,611
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,554
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,833
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,123
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 10,914
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,049
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 687
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,380
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 324