|By Business Wire||
|May 7, 2014 11:35 AM EDT||
Celtra Inc. today released its Mobile Display Ad Performance Report for Q1, 2014. The quarterly benchmark report, Celtra’s most transparent and accurate market analysis to-date, spotlights the performance of mobile display ad products.
According to the report, ad performance rates in Q1 2014 have stabilized for the first time since Q2 2012, when Celtra began its quarterly benchmark series. In fact, the Q1 report found noticeable growth in some key areas of mobile display ad performance, especially in video consumption.
- Ad Expansion: Ad expansion rates for standard formats in Q1 leveled at just above 0.5% which is slightly higher compared to the previous quarter. Native formats and IAB Mobile Rising Stars ad formats have continued to perform extremely well with 2.5% and 1.1% expansion rates, respectively.
- Ad Engagement: Ad engagement rates for standard ad formats remained steady at around 10% in the last few quarters; Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and travel ads continue to generate highest engagement rates by vertical.
- Time Spent: Users are starting to spend more time interacting with the ad content. On the average time spent on standard ads increased by 33%.
- Video Play & Completion Rates: Video play rates for standard ad formats have stabilized at slightly above 12% and have increased by 38% for expandable banners. However, video completion rates increased significantly across the board in the last quarter to 52% for standard formats and 77% for native formats.
- Although the expandable banner is still the format of choice, fully interactive banner formats are catching up, especially in verticals like automotive, where more than half of all ads are banners.
- The most engaging ads come from the entertainment vertical, featuring a 0.69% expansion rate
- The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) vertical boasts the highest engagement rate at 13.9%, and time spent on the ad unit at 10.1 seconds.
“After two years of expected gradual decrease, the performance of ads has started to stabilize this year. With expansion rates at 0.5%, which is still more than 5 times higher than on desktop, this floor actually looks rather good and offers an optimistic outlook for mobile display advertising,” said Matevz Klanjsek, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Celtra. “Video ads look especially promising. With an admirable lift in video consumption rates most noticeable in in-banner video formats, mobile video and display are quickly converging into one powerful and effective mobile ad product.”
To view the full Mobile Display Ads Performance Report, please visit Celtra.com/knowledge.
About Celtra Inc.
Celtra Inc., empowers agencies, media suppliers and brand leaders alike with an integrated, truly scalable cross-screen HTML5 technology for brand advertising on smartphones, tablets and desktop. AdCreator 4 is built to run large-scale and complex campaigns. It is a single platform for streamlined ad creation, performance optimized serving and consolidated reporting with common metrics across all screens. For more information, visit Celtra at www.celtra.com or @CeltraMobile on Twitter.
Celtra is headquartered in Boston (MA), with offices in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London (UK), Tokyo (JP) and Ljubljana (SI).
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 847
Dec. 7, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 602
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,156
Dec. 7, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,868
Dec. 7, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,612
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 3,930
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,235
Dec. 7, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,017
Dec. 7, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,368
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,261
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,123
Dec. 6, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 729
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 1,145
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 339
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,054