|By JCN Newswire||
|May 8, 2014 03:47 AM EDT||
Tokyo, May 8, 2014 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced the new FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS DX200F, an all-flash array that uses solid-state drives(1) for data storage, resulting in stability and high performance. The new product will be available in Japan from May 8, and will be followed by subsequent availability worldwide.
The ETERNUS DX200F offers extremely low latency(2) of 0.5 milliseconds (ms) or less for I/O-intensive applications. This shortens batch-process times(3) and delivers the fast and stable performance that today's businesses require.
When combined with the automated Quality-of-Service feature of the recently announced FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS SF 16(4) storage-platform software, resources can be automatically allocated based on task priority for efficient operations management of the storage environment.
The ETERNUS DX200F and other new models in the ETERNUS series will be exhibited at Fujitsu Forum 2014, running May 15-16 at the Tokyo International Forum in Tokyo.
With the ongoing expansion of cloud computing, mobile, social networking, and big data, businesses are seeing an explosion in the variety and volume of data that they handle. The ability to accurately process this data and analyze it in real-time is becoming a necessity for business growth.
To help customers meet these needs, Fujitsu is now offering the ETERNUS DX200F, an all-flash array of high-performance solid-state drives. In contrast to other kinds of disk drives, this enables high-speed data access combined with stability and extremely high processing performance.
Key Features of the ETERNUS DX200F
1. Removes system bottlenecks and makes infrastructure more efficient
With the combination of solid-state drives and the 12-gigabit per second (Gbps) SAS drive interface offering exceptional transfer capability, latency is an extremely low 0.5 ms, which is ideal for I/O-intensive environments. The system architecture is optimized for high performance of business critical applications and infrastructures, such as databases and virtualized environments, which typically use block sizes(5) of 8 KB or more.
The ETERNUS DX200F shortens batch processing times and eliminates the problem of processing lags caused by high-frequency storage access in a virtual-server or virtual-desktop environment. It helps create new business opportunities by enabling companies to run real-time analytics for big data, or to handle web traffic during peak times much more smoothly.
Compared to the ETERNUS DX200F S3, which was designed to get the maximum performance from spinning disk drives, the deployment of an ETERNUS DX200F with the same capacity will result in energy savings of up to 90% and space savings of up to 50%. At the same time, it offers a drastically increased level of performance without the need for specialized knowledge such as complicated and time consuming tuning to optimize IOPS and latency numbers.
2. Efficient Storage Operations
The ETERNUS DX200F also supports ETERNUS SF 16, enabling consolidated management of functions via a consistent interface - ranging from initial settings to management of configuration, performance and failure - even in mixed environments of ETERNUS DX200F and multiple generations of the ETERNUS DX series.
3. High Reliability Contributes to Business Continuity
The new ETERNUS DX200F retains all the proven reliability technologies from the rest of the ETERNUS DX series. All major components are redundant, including the power supply and internal controller, to allow for continuous operations planned component swaps or even in the event of a failure.
(1) Solid-state drives:A drive that uses semiconductor memory elements.
(2) Latency:The time it takes for data to be sent once a request is received to transfer data from a server.
(3) Shortens batch-process times:Compared to the disk-only configuration of the ETERNUS DX200 S3, processing time can be reduced by as much as 75% for index searches in database environments.
(4) FUJITSU Storage ETERNUS SF 16:Storage platform software featuring ETERNUS SF Storage Cruiser 16 to provide versatile management features for configuration, troubleshooting, performance and correlation, ETERNUS SF AdvancedCopy Manager 16 for managing high-speed backup/restore and replication, and ETERNUS SF Express 16 for managing entry level disk storage systems.
(5) Block size:The size of data as it moves between the server and the disk.
(6) Nearline disks:Disks that are positioned between online disks, which offer high access performance, and offline storage, such as tape drives, which are cost efficient but feature low access performance. These disks provide a balance between storage access performance and cost.
(7) Thin provisioning:A storage capacity virtualization technology that enables efficient, effective utilization of unused capacity. By securing only the storage capacity being used, while pooling unused capacity for other applications even without setting aside a large amount of storage capacity beforehand, effective utilization of storage capacity can be substantial.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013 For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu Limited Public and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,809
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 283
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 363
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,533
Jan. 16, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,233
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,582
Jan. 16, 2017 01:35 PM EST Reads: 232
Jan. 16, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,298
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,623
Jan. 16, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,018
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 5,459
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,995
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,347
Jan. 16, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 823
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,398