|By Marketwired .||
|May 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/08/14 --
Core news facts:
- OMsignal today introduced a new collection of Biometric Smartwear comprised of four smart shirts for men. OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance.
- Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the OMsignal app.
- The OM app translates the users' unique bio-signal into personal actionable insights. The OMsignal shirts can tell you what's up with your body so you can improve how you manage your health, gain actionable insights and meet your fitness goals.
- At launch, the OMsignal shirts will come in four different male styles including an under-shirt, sleeveless shirt, casual T-shirt and long-sleeved shirt, designed to be worn by itself at the gym or under everyday clothing.
- Each style tracks your body's most important biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps and cadence), movement intensity, heart rate variability and calories burned.
- OMsignal shirts also offer sports-specific data such as effort expended and breathing rate, heart rate zone tracking and heart rate recovery, as well as wellness insight such as your breathing balance, personal fuel and RPM.
- OM Fuel lets you know how much energy you have in reserve before you run out
- OM RPM shows your level of focus and physical stress in real time
- The OMsignal app offers suggestions on how to manage and improve both metrics to perform better throughout the day
- Information is immediately relayed from the shirt through the little black box to the phone via Bluetooth. The little black box is clipped onto the shirt and ensures that all data is immediately available in the OMsignal iOS app, as long as the phone is in Bluetooth range.
- The data within the OMsignal app is private to you, helps you track your progress and gives you real-time feedback, actionable insights and regular health summary and fitness email reports of your progress.
- All four OMsignal shirts are available in sizes S-XL in six different colors including black, grey and combinations with orange and indigo stitching accents.
- The OMsignal Up & Running Kit, including a shirt of any style with the little black box, will retail in May for an introductory pre-order price of $199 (regular MSRP $240).
- The Regular Routine Kit will offer two shirts (of any style) plus one little black box (to be used with any OMsignal shirt) for the special price of $269 in May (regular MSRP $340)
- The Fitness Fanatic Kit will offer all four shirt styles plus one little black box for the special price of $359 in May (regular MSRP $450)
- Additional shirts can be purchased for MSRP of $100-$140 (depending on the style) plus $140 for the little black box
- Product will be shipping in summer 2014.
- OMsignal will ship to the U.S. and internationally.
- To purchase a shirt or for additional background, please visit: http://www.omsignal.com/.
How it works:
- OMsignal shirts are high-quality compression garments and are designed to be moisture wicking, odor-resistant (anti-microbial) and seamlessly tailored for comfort and stretch.
- The fitness shirts' compression properties enhance blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles, thereby enhancing performance and recovery of the wearer
- The lifestyle shirt has additional slimming and posture support benefits
- OMsignal's health sensors are embedded into the fabric in order to gather the deep biometric readings at multiple touch-points.
- The sensors are knitted close to the heart to capture a robust electrocardiogram (ECG) reading, which deliver heart rate (BPM) and heart rate variability (HRV), providing the most accurate method of calculating the number of calories you burn and your physiological stress-level.
- Additionally, sensors on the chest measure respiration rate and balance as well as track activity levels through an accelerometer.
- The little black box is water-resistant and clips into the shirt, providing more than 30 hours of continuous use (good for up to 30 workouts or for 2-3 days of continuous wear). It streams your biometrics seamlessly and continually to your OMsignal app.
- The OMsignal app receives a great depth of signal from the shirt, and uses proprietary algorithms to give you unparalleled insight about your body.
- Curious to learn more, check out our product details page here.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
"We've been wearing clothing all our lives. It's the most natural and therefore the ultimate "wearable" medium. Clothing has always been about protection and fashion, but it will now also help motivate us to better ourselves every day. You would never drive a car without a speedometer, RPM or a fuel gauge, right? Well, with OM, you now get a dashboard to better steer your life, to increase your self-mastery, to push your fitness performance, and live a healthier lifestyle."
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
"Exercise physiology research has defined human performance through intricate lab studies, but the technologies researchers use were never available for everyday and the aspiring athlete. You could never bring hospital or lab-type equipment with you on the court or track. OMsignal now makes it easy to track biometrics in real time, in real life and during sports activity. At OMsignal we've focused on giving consumers quality insights on performance, taking the research a step further to guide users to their peak performance."
OMsignal designs Biometric Smartwear that tells you what's up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587410
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587413
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,111
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 17, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 3,486
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,523
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 9,283
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,784
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 2,711
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,525
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 3,371
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 6,224
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 551
While many government agencies have embraced the idea of employing cloud computing as a tool for increasing the efficiency and flexibility of IT, many still struggle with large scale adoption. The challenge is mainly attributed to the federated structure of these agencies as well as the immaturity of brokerage and governance tools and models. Initiatives like FedRAMP are a great first step toward solving many of these challenges but there are a lot of unknowns that are yet to be tackled. In hi...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 3,749
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 5,217
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jan. 17, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 6,018
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jan. 16, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,208
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 16, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 7,449