|By Marketwired .||
|May 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/08/14 --
Core news facts:
- OMsignal today introduced a new collection of Biometric Smartwear comprised of four smart shirts for men. OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance.
- Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the OMsignal app.
- The OM app translates the users' unique bio-signal into personal actionable insights. The OMsignal shirts can tell you what's up with your body so you can improve how you manage your health, gain actionable insights and meet your fitness goals.
- At launch, the OMsignal shirts will come in four different male styles including an under-shirt, sleeveless shirt, casual T-shirt and long-sleeved shirt, designed to be worn by itself at the gym or under everyday clothing.
- Each style tracks your body's most important biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps and cadence), movement intensity, heart rate variability and calories burned.
- OMsignal shirts also offer sports-specific data such as effort expended and breathing rate, heart rate zone tracking and heart rate recovery, as well as wellness insight such as your breathing balance, personal fuel and RPM.
- OM Fuel lets you know how much energy you have in reserve before you run out
- OM RPM shows your level of focus and physical stress in real time
- The OMsignal app offers suggestions on how to manage and improve both metrics to perform better throughout the day
- Information is immediately relayed from the shirt through the little black box to the phone via Bluetooth. The little black box is clipped onto the shirt and ensures that all data is immediately available in the OMsignal iOS app, as long as the phone is in Bluetooth range.
- The data within the OMsignal app is private to you, helps you track your progress and gives you real-time feedback, actionable insights and regular health summary and fitness email reports of your progress.
- All four OMsignal shirts are available in sizes S-XL in six different colors including black, grey and combinations with orange and indigo stitching accents.
- The OMsignal Up & Running Kit, including a shirt of any style with the little black box, will retail in May for an introductory pre-order price of $199 (regular MSRP $240).
- The Regular Routine Kit will offer two shirts (of any style) plus one little black box (to be used with any OMsignal shirt) for the special price of $269 in May (regular MSRP $340)
- The Fitness Fanatic Kit will offer all four shirt styles plus one little black box for the special price of $359 in May (regular MSRP $450)
- Additional shirts can be purchased for MSRP of $100-$140 (depending on the style) plus $140 for the little black box
- Product will be shipping in summer 2014.
- OMsignal will ship to the U.S. and internationally.
- To purchase a shirt or for additional background, please visit: http://www.omsignal.com/.
How it works:
- OMsignal shirts are high-quality compression garments and are designed to be moisture wicking, odor-resistant (anti-microbial) and seamlessly tailored for comfort and stretch.
- The fitness shirts' compression properties enhance blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles, thereby enhancing performance and recovery of the wearer
- The lifestyle shirt has additional slimming and posture support benefits
- OMsignal's health sensors are embedded into the fabric in order to gather the deep biometric readings at multiple touch-points.
- The sensors are knitted close to the heart to capture a robust electrocardiogram (ECG) reading, which deliver heart rate (BPM) and heart rate variability (HRV), providing the most accurate method of calculating the number of calories you burn and your physiological stress-level.
- Additionally, sensors on the chest measure respiration rate and balance as well as track activity levels through an accelerometer.
- The little black box is water-resistant and clips into the shirt, providing more than 30 hours of continuous use (good for up to 30 workouts or for 2-3 days of continuous wear). It streams your biometrics seamlessly and continually to your OMsignal app.
- The OMsignal app receives a great depth of signal from the shirt, and uses proprietary algorithms to give you unparalleled insight about your body.
- Curious to learn more, check out our product details page here.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
"We've been wearing clothing all our lives. It's the most natural and therefore the ultimate "wearable" medium. Clothing has always been about protection and fashion, but it will now also help motivate us to better ourselves every day. You would never drive a car without a speedometer, RPM or a fuel gauge, right? Well, with OM, you now get a dashboard to better steer your life, to increase your self-mastery, to push your fitness performance, and live a healthier lifestyle."
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
"Exercise physiology research has defined human performance through intricate lab studies, but the technologies researchers use were never available for everyday and the aspiring athlete. You could never bring hospital or lab-type equipment with you on the court or track. OMsignal now makes it easy to track biometrics in real time, in real life and during sports activity. At OMsignal we've focused on giving consumers quality insights on performance, taking the research a step further to guide users to their peak performance."
OMsignal designs Biometric Smartwear that tells you what's up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587410
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587413
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
While some vendors scramble to create and sell you a fancy solution for monitoring your spanking new Amazon Lambdas, hear how you can do it on the cheap using just built-in Java APIs yourself. By exploiting a little-known fact that Lambdas aren’t exactly single threaded, you can effectively identify hot spots in your serverless code. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, David Martin, Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will give a live demonstration and code walkthrough, showing how to o...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 566
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 27, 2017 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,048
"Peak 10 is a national cloud data center solutions managed services provider, and part of that is disaster recovery. We see a growing trend in the industry where companies are coming to us looking for assistance in their DR strategy," stated Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Apr. 27, 2017 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,723
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 27, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,198
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 27, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 27, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,413
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,565
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,706
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 805
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,126
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,969
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,170
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 27, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,472
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 27, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 841