|By Marketwired .||
|May 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/08/14 --
Core news facts:
- OMsignal today introduced a new collection of Biometric Smartwear comprised of four smart shirts for men. OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance.
- Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the OMsignal app.
- The OM app translates the users' unique bio-signal into personal actionable insights. The OMsignal shirts can tell you what's up with your body so you can improve how you manage your health, gain actionable insights and meet your fitness goals.
- At launch, the OMsignal shirts will come in four different male styles including an under-shirt, sleeveless shirt, casual T-shirt and long-sleeved shirt, designed to be worn by itself at the gym or under everyday clothing.
- Each style tracks your body's most important biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps and cadence), movement intensity, heart rate variability and calories burned.
- OMsignal shirts also offer sports-specific data such as effort expended and breathing rate, heart rate zone tracking and heart rate recovery, as well as wellness insight such as your breathing balance, personal fuel and RPM.
- OM Fuel lets you know how much energy you have in reserve before you run out
- OM RPM shows your level of focus and physical stress in real time
- The OMsignal app offers suggestions on how to manage and improve both metrics to perform better throughout the day
- Information is immediately relayed from the shirt through the little black box to the phone via Bluetooth. The little black box is clipped onto the shirt and ensures that all data is immediately available in the OMsignal iOS app, as long as the phone is in Bluetooth range.
- The data within the OMsignal app is private to you, helps you track your progress and gives you real-time feedback, actionable insights and regular health summary and fitness email reports of your progress.
- All four OMsignal shirts are available in sizes S-XL in six different colors including black, grey and combinations with orange and indigo stitching accents.
- The OMsignal Up & Running Kit, including a shirt of any style with the little black box, will retail in May for an introductory pre-order price of $199 (regular MSRP $240).
- The Regular Routine Kit will offer two shirts (of any style) plus one little black box (to be used with any OMsignal shirt) for the special price of $269 in May (regular MSRP $340)
- The Fitness Fanatic Kit will offer all four shirt styles plus one little black box for the special price of $359 in May (regular MSRP $450)
- Additional shirts can be purchased for MSRP of $100-$140 (depending on the style) plus $140 for the little black box
- Product will be shipping in summer 2014.
- OMsignal will ship to the U.S. and internationally.
- To purchase a shirt or for additional background, please visit: http://www.omsignal.com/.
How it works:
- OMsignal shirts are high-quality compression garments and are designed to be moisture wicking, odor-resistant (anti-microbial) and seamlessly tailored for comfort and stretch.
- The fitness shirts' compression properties enhance blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles, thereby enhancing performance and recovery of the wearer
- The lifestyle shirt has additional slimming and posture support benefits
- OMsignal's health sensors are embedded into the fabric in order to gather the deep biometric readings at multiple touch-points.
- The sensors are knitted close to the heart to capture a robust electrocardiogram (ECG) reading, which deliver heart rate (BPM) and heart rate variability (HRV), providing the most accurate method of calculating the number of calories you burn and your physiological stress-level.
- Additionally, sensors on the chest measure respiration rate and balance as well as track activity levels through an accelerometer.
- The little black box is water-resistant and clips into the shirt, providing more than 30 hours of continuous use (good for up to 30 workouts or for 2-3 days of continuous wear). It streams your biometrics seamlessly and continually to your OMsignal app.
- The OMsignal app receives a great depth of signal from the shirt, and uses proprietary algorithms to give you unparalleled insight about your body.
- Curious to learn more, check out our product details page here.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
"We've been wearing clothing all our lives. It's the most natural and therefore the ultimate "wearable" medium. Clothing has always been about protection and fashion, but it will now also help motivate us to better ourselves every day. You would never drive a car without a speedometer, RPM or a fuel gauge, right? Well, with OM, you now get a dashboard to better steer your life, to increase your self-mastery, to push your fitness performance, and live a healthier lifestyle."
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
"Exercise physiology research has defined human performance through intricate lab studies, but the technologies researchers use were never available for everyday and the aspiring athlete. You could never bring hospital or lab-type equipment with you on the court or track. OMsignal now makes it easy to track biometrics in real time, in real life and during sports activity. At OMsignal we've focused on giving consumers quality insights on performance, taking the research a step further to guide users to their peak performance."
OMsignal designs Biometric Smartwear that tells you what's up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587410
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587413
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 676
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,121
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 416
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 2, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 544
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 246
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 479
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 353
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 171
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,698
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 181
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 179
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334