|By Marketwired .||
|May 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/08/14 --
Core news facts:
- OMsignal today introduced a new collection of Biometric Smartwear comprised of four smart shirts for men. OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance.
- Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the OMsignal app.
- The OM app translates the users' unique bio-signal into personal actionable insights. The OMsignal shirts can tell you what's up with your body so you can improve how you manage your health, gain actionable insights and meet your fitness goals.
- At launch, the OMsignal shirts will come in four different male styles including an under-shirt, sleeveless shirt, casual T-shirt and long-sleeved shirt, designed to be worn by itself at the gym or under everyday clothing.
- Each style tracks your body's most important biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps and cadence), movement intensity, heart rate variability and calories burned.
- OMsignal shirts also offer sports-specific data such as effort expended and breathing rate, heart rate zone tracking and heart rate recovery, as well as wellness insight such as your breathing balance, personal fuel and RPM.
- OM Fuel lets you know how much energy you have in reserve before you run out
- OM RPM shows your level of focus and physical stress in real time
- The OMsignal app offers suggestions on how to manage and improve both metrics to perform better throughout the day
- Information is immediately relayed from the shirt through the little black box to the phone via Bluetooth. The little black box is clipped onto the shirt and ensures that all data is immediately available in the OMsignal iOS app, as long as the phone is in Bluetooth range.
- The data within the OMsignal app is private to you, helps you track your progress and gives you real-time feedback, actionable insights and regular health summary and fitness email reports of your progress.
- All four OMsignal shirts are available in sizes S-XL in six different colors including black, grey and combinations with orange and indigo stitching accents.
- The OMsignal Up & Running Kit, including a shirt of any style with the little black box, will retail in May for an introductory pre-order price of $199 (regular MSRP $240).
- The Regular Routine Kit will offer two shirts (of any style) plus one little black box (to be used with any OMsignal shirt) for the special price of $269 in May (regular MSRP $340)
- The Fitness Fanatic Kit will offer all four shirt styles plus one little black box for the special price of $359 in May (regular MSRP $450)
- Additional shirts can be purchased for MSRP of $100-$140 (depending on the style) plus $140 for the little black box
- Product will be shipping in summer 2014.
- OMsignal will ship to the U.S. and internationally.
- To purchase a shirt or for additional background, please visit: http://www.omsignal.com/.
How it works:
- OMsignal shirts are high-quality compression garments and are designed to be moisture wicking, odor-resistant (anti-microbial) and seamlessly tailored for comfort and stretch.
- The fitness shirts' compression properties enhance blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles, thereby enhancing performance and recovery of the wearer
- The lifestyle shirt has additional slimming and posture support benefits
- OMsignal's health sensors are embedded into the fabric in order to gather the deep biometric readings at multiple touch-points.
- The sensors are knitted close to the heart to capture a robust electrocardiogram (ECG) reading, which deliver heart rate (BPM) and heart rate variability (HRV), providing the most accurate method of calculating the number of calories you burn and your physiological stress-level.
- Additionally, sensors on the chest measure respiration rate and balance as well as track activity levels through an accelerometer.
- The little black box is water-resistant and clips into the shirt, providing more than 30 hours of continuous use (good for up to 30 workouts or for 2-3 days of continuous wear). It streams your biometrics seamlessly and continually to your OMsignal app.
- The OMsignal app receives a great depth of signal from the shirt, and uses proprietary algorithms to give you unparalleled insight about your body.
- Curious to learn more, check out our product details page here.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
"We've been wearing clothing all our lives. It's the most natural and therefore the ultimate "wearable" medium. Clothing has always been about protection and fashion, but it will now also help motivate us to better ourselves every day. You would never drive a car without a speedometer, RPM or a fuel gauge, right? Well, with OM, you now get a dashboard to better steer your life, to increase your self-mastery, to push your fitness performance, and live a healthier lifestyle."
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
"Exercise physiology research has defined human performance through intricate lab studies, but the technologies researchers use were never available for everyday and the aspiring athlete. You could never bring hospital or lab-type equipment with you on the court or track. OMsignal now makes it easy to track biometrics in real time, in real life and during sports activity. At OMsignal we've focused on giving consumers quality insights on performance, taking the research a step further to guide users to their peak performance."
OMsignal designs Biometric Smartwear that tells you what's up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587410
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587413
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
Aug. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 308
Aug. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,073
Aug. 31, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 301
Aug. 31, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,964
Aug. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 240
Aug. 31, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 260
Aug. 31, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,532
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 216
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,626
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 299
Aug. 31, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 297
Aug. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 881
Aug. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,853
Aug. 31, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 984
Aug. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,145