|By Business Wire||
|May 8, 2014 07:32 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2zn3r/digital_signage) has announced the addition of the "Digital Signage & DOOH Working with Smartphones" report to their offering.
With the majority of the target audience in major countries now owning a smartphone, the ability to reach into these smartphones is very tempting. All kinds of advantages can be talked about if digital signage and Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) advertising is somehow able to connect to a viewer's smartphone. Content can now stay with the viewer after they've walked away from the sign. Content can be personally interactive. Viewer metrics are directly measured, making advertising easier to sell. New use modes are possible, some of which have yet to be imagined.
This is a young market segment that appears to be on a growth path, but one that still has its training wheels on. There is lots of confusion.
It is also a business that involves many different industries, digital signage, smartphones, App development, big data, electronic tags/beacons, advertising, mobile payment, and retailing. This mix of industries makes it particularly tough for a company to master. This report looks at the following:
- Scenarios and use modes. Some applications are obvious, but there are some that are not. There are also applications that are not yet practical.
- Technology options. There turns out to be several technical approaches, each with strengths and weaknesses. The perfect solution doesn't quite exist, and there is where new business opportunities are found.
- Vendors. Some companies have early products and deployments now, or have made some early announcements. Business models are based on both products and services.
- Issues. Privacy is an obvious issue, but there are others. An important issue that some people in Digital Signage may not have thought about is mobile payment. Some scenarios should make the industry worried.
- Analysis and Recommendations. You don't have to read on to know that the ecosystem for mobile-enabled digital signage is, at best, in the early stages. The question is "how to make it work and be attractive for merchants and consumers?" Three recommended steps are given.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scenarios and use modes
- 2.1 Variations of the Coupon
- 2.2 Establishing a Link
- 2.3 Opt-in vs. opt-out
- 2.4 Proximity
- 2.5 SDOOH
- 2.6 Dynamic Coupons
- 2.7 See and Pay
- 2.8 C2B
- 2.9 Other Scenarios
- 3.1 Legacy Methods
- 3.1.1 URL Address, App Name, SMS
- 3.1.2 QR Code and other 2D Barcodes
- 3.2 Beacons or Tags.
- 3.2.1 NFC
- 3.2.2 BLE or Bluetooth Smart
- 3.2.3 Bluetooth OPP
- 3.2.4 Audio Beacons
- 4.1 Beacons & Tags
- 4.1.1 NFC
- 4.1.2 BLE
- 4.1.3 Audio
- 4.2 Systems and Integrators
5 Assessment and Recommendations
- 5.1 Why it's not working
- 5.2 A path forward to make it all work - 3 Steps
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q2zn3r/digital_signage
Oct. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,969
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 23, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,344
Oct. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,903
Oct. 23, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
Oct. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,262
Oct. 23, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,568
Oct. 23, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,867
Oct. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,454
Oct. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 981
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 743
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,992
Oct. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,515
Oct. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
Oct. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,107