|By Business Wire||
|May 12, 2014 05:42 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8gplml/patent_protection) has announced the addition of the "Patent Protection for Software-Related and Business-Related Inventions in the EU and US (Course, London)" conference to their offering.
The Patent Protection for Software course will take place on the 25 September 2014 at The Rembrandt Hotel, London
TOPICS TO BE COVERED AT THIS SEMINAR INCLUDE:
- Developments in Europe for Computer-Related Inventions
- Current US Strategies Post Bilski
- Recent USPTO's Guidelines on Computer-Related and Business-Related Inventions
In addition, this seminar will consist of an interactive workshop session to illustrate strategies for gaining the best possible protection for computer-related and business-related inventions.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Find out about the major developments in European patent law, in particular GUI inventions and mixed inventions with both patentable and non-patentable subject-matter
- Understand and exploit the differences between the United States and Europe on the scope of available patent protection
- Learn tactics for U.S. practice and the latest U.S. strategies in dealing with obviousness and the rise of indefiniteness and written description issues
- Complete case-studies on claim drafting, illustrating how to avoid pitfalls
- Join the ongoing public debate about whether patent protection should be available for software-related and business-related inventions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Patent attorneys (both from private practice and industry)
- In-house Patent and General Counsel
- Chief Information Officers
- Chief Technology Officers
- Business Development and Technology Professionals
Participants will receive a course material folder containing comprehensive documentation provided by the seminar leaders, which will be a valuable source of reference for the future.
This course merits 6 hours under the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority self-accreditation scheme Ref. CJA/MAFO
A Certificate of Attendance for Professional Development will be given to each participant who completes the course
Key Topics Covered:
09.30 - Introduction and Welcome
09.45 - Patent Protection for Software-related and Business-related Inventions in Europe
11.15 - Patent Protection for Software-related and Business-related Inventions in the United States
13.45 - Preparation of Patent Applications and Prosecution of European Applications for Software-related and Business-related Inventions
15.00 - Workshop Questions, Answers and Discussion of Specific Examples
17.00 - Close of Seminar
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8gplml/patent_protection
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
“Being the one true cloud-agnostic and storage-agnostic software solution, more and more customers are coming to Commvault and saying ' What do you recommend? What's your best practice for implementing cloud?” explained Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist at Commvault, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,643
Jul. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 848
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,560
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 883
Jul. 25, 2016 10:53 AM EDT Reads: 237
Jul. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,927
Jul. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 236
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,856
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 959
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 680
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,117
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,653
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 900
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 698