|By Business Wire||
|May 12, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Today Groupon announced the launch of a deal collection featuring New York experiences handpicked by Padma Lakshmi, “Top Chef” host, award-winning author and entrepreneur. Businesses range from restaurants and museums to spas and vintage clothing stores. The collection, titled “My New York by Padma Lakshmi,” will be available for one week and can be found at www.groupon.com/padma-lakshmi.
My New York by Padma Lakshmi (Photo: Business Wire)
“My New York collection with Groupon spotlights a few of the unique places that make New York City special to me,” said Padma Lakshmi. “Local treasures like these restaurants, shops and experiences are what make experiencing this city truly extraordinary.”
Some of Padma’s favorite New York spots include:
- Devi - Devi is widely praised as one of New York City's top Indian dining destinations, and is the first Indian restaurant in the United States to have earned a Michelin star
- Serafina - Located in the pulse of the city’s hippest district, Serafina serves up succulent Northern Italian flavors from early morning to late into the night
- Children’s Museum of the Arts - Children's Museum of the Arts has nurtured the artistic talents of kids for more than 25 years and was named as one of six great museums in the city for kids by CBS New York
- Edi & the Wolf - Edi & The Wolf pays homage to tradition, inviting guests to experience “Gemütlichkeit,” or coziness, featuring Michelin-starred chefs
- Gymboree - Gymboree Play & Music has been fostering creativity and confidence in children for more than 30 years and is the global leader in early childhood development programs
- The Jewish Museum - Boasting a collection of 27,000 paintings, sculptures and multimedia exhibits, The Jewish Museum offers a collage of Jewish culture and identity across centuries and continents
- Mezzogiorno - Mezzogiorno conjures a favorite Florentine cucina in an art-filled SoHo dining room, spotlighting seasonal ingredients
- SPiN New York - By combining an unusual mixture of sport, design and entertainment, SPiN New York has created a unique experience with 17 ping-pong courts, a full bar, restaurant, pro-shop and private VIP room
“We’re constantly striving to connect Groupon customers with the absolute best local businesses, and Padma’s handpicked collection does just that,” said Julie Szudarek, senior vice president, Groupon Local Deals. “These highly curated deals highlight some of the top destinations in the city and promise a decadent New York experience.”
Padma is the owner of two companies: Easy Exotic, which includes hard kitchen goods, frozen foods, teas and spice products as well as the Padma Collection, a line of sophisticated tableware and home decor sold at fine retailers across the country. She established herself as a food expert early on in her career, having hosted two successful cooking shows and penning two cookbooks: “Easy Exotic,” for which she won the International Versailles Prize for best cookbook by a first time author, and “Tangy, Tart, Hot & Sweet, A World of Recipes for Everyday.” In addition to her own books, she has also written for American Vogue, Gourmet, Parade and British and American Harper's Bazaar and has been a syndicated columnist for the New York Times.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.
Aug. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 824
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 943
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,021
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,753
Aug. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 627
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 858
Aug. 30, 2016 01:20 PM EDT Reads: 203
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,059
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,227
Aug. 30, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 796
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 403
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,070
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 884
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT Reads: 279
Aug. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 918