|By Business Wire||
|May 12, 2014 06:01 PM EDT||
The World Alliance for Decentralized Energy (WADE) will host its first annual Caribbean Energy Conference to be held May 14-16, 2014 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, at the Sheraton Hotel.
Top government officials with key industry leaders from the power, industrial, pharmaceutical, hospitality, maritime, natural gas and power technology sectors will discuss a variety of topics including:
- Opportunities for gas fired generation and the natural gas supply outlook
- Energy reliability, sustainability and affordability
- The need for new and efficient grid, and off-grid power
- Growing requirements for industrial and commercial power
- Changing regulatory landscape for the energy sector
- New opportunities for shipping sector compliance with Caribbean emission control area mandates
The event speakers include:
- Pedro R. Pierluisi, U.S. Congressman, Resident Commissioner in Washington
- The Hon. Eduardo Bhatia, President of the Senate of Puerto Rico
- Juan F. Alicea Flores, Executive Director, Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority
- Hugo V. Hodge, Executive Director (CEO), Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority
- David J. Tubman, Jr., Counsel to Commissioner William P. Doyle, Federal Maritime Commission
- Dr. Neil Parsan, Ambassador of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to the United States of America and Mexico
- Sue Kelly, President & CEO, American Public Power Association (APPA)
- Edgar R. Pichardo, Chairman of the Management Board, EGE Haina
- John Hatley, Americas Vice President, Ship Power, Wärtsilä North America, Inc.
- Dr. Raúl Carral, Sales and Business Development, Wärtsilä North America, Power Plants
- Vidal-Cordero, Pedro I., Shareholder, Corporate Group Practice , Fiddler, Gonzalez & Rodríguez, P.S.C.
- Pedro J. Nieves-Miranda, Special Counsel, Fiddler, Gonzalez & Rodríguez, P.S.C.
- David Sweet, Executive Director, WADE
Reporters interested in covering the event should contact:
World Alliance for Decentralized Energy (WADE)
For more information about the conference, visit us at:
The World Alliance for Decentralized Energy (WADE) is the leading global organization focused on decentralized energy systems for power, heating, cooling and processing. WADE, along with its affiliated chapter organizations and the Cogeneration Industries Council, works to advance deployment of a broad range of onsite energy technologies and systems using natural gas, biogas and other clean fuels in cogeneration (combined heat and power or “CHP”), trigeneration, micro CHP, district energy, district heating and cooling and microgrid systems, as well as systems that are fueled by renewable energy sources and waste heat to power. Implementation of efficient distributed generation power systems can reduce the water usage and emissions associated with typical central power generation while providing energy security and economic benefits to the user.
For more information about WADE visit www.localpower.org.
Aug. 29, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,393
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,198
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,817
Aug. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
Aug. 29, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,008
Aug. 29, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,222
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,889
Aug. 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,150
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,060
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,844
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 714
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,635
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,948
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 786