|By NeonDrum News||
|May 26, 2014 11:22 AM EDT||
Across Systems, a leading software platform for all corporate language resources and translation processes, announced today that the Company will be attending the 2014 Association of Language Companies Annual Conference as a Silver Sponsor to meet with interested Language Service Providers (LSPs) about ways to increase efficiency of the project management process using Across version 6.0. The conference will take place in Palm Springs CA May 18 - 21, 2014.
The Association of Language Companies helps to promote professional stature through industry advocacy and professional development of language service company owners and senior management. This year's conference will provide networking and educational opportunities for over 200 attendees.
LSPs must constantly find creative ways to be as resourceful as possible to earn and keep a customer's business. Across version 6.0 helps LSPs increase project management efficiency to stay competitive by
• Minimizing administrative aspects of project management: Many tasks are very time consuming such as putting customer files into workable formats for translation, which can take hours or even days. Across v6 can handle up to 50 file formats and pre/post processing which saves considerable time resulting in more time for important activities and less expensive customer quotes.
• Reducing nightmares associated with managing complex projects: Working with multiple languages, vendors, files, delivery dates and questions can be difficult to manage and deliver on time. Across offers an online tool that manages complexity with an easy to use platform that minimizes manual, time-wasting activities such as adding new languages and replacing old files with new ones. In addition, questions are easily managed within the system across multiple users and customers and FTP sites are no longer needed.
• Maintaining project quality: Quality is important for customer retention. The Across quality manager can be customized and turned on during translation or engaged at task completion to ensure that linguists identify document errors for correction. Another valuable feature is the ability to require that errors be checked and corrected before delivery to the customer. This ensures quality and consistency while avoiding embarrassing mistakes.
Nancy Cardone, business development manager for Across Systems, will be in attendance to share valuable advice on how to increase project management effectiveness through the use of Across‘ innovative translation management software.
Interested parties may contact Cardone at americas[at]across[dot]net to set up a time for a personal consultation and and learn more about the following exciting new version 6.0 features:
1. Project Management Cockpit - to manage the cumbersome process of project management including managing files, questions and deadlines, finding available linguists, version control and overall communication.
2. New and improved user interface - to handle complex projects with an easy to use and intuitive interface.
3. Across Dashboard - to keep track of project deliverables using fully customizable dashlets to display relevant KPIs at a glance.
4. Across Data Cube - to easily access important analytical data from the translation process using MS Excel for better decision making.
5. crossWeb Review Mode - to allow internal or external reviewers an easy way to review and provide comments without extensive technology knowledge.
For more information regarding Across visit www.across.net. For ALC general information, schedule, and registration, please visit http://www.alcus.org/.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,263
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 799
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 820
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captu...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 983
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,330
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 937
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,760
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,534
Sep. 25, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,462
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,807
Sep. 25, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,612
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 992