|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 09:34 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that research by independent global advisory firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) has found that when compared to legacy wireless architectures, controller-less Wi-Fi solutions deliver significant economic advantages. For highly distributed enterprises, Aerohive was found to deliver a three-year net financial benefit of over $5 million, with its controller-less technology delivering significant cost savings and operational advantages such as streamlined efficiency and productivity for both IT administrators and users.
- As mobile devices have become increasingly critical to enterprises’ business processes and productivity, expanding the wireless LAN has become a top investment priority. In a survey of network technology decision makers, ESG research found that expanding the wireless LAN environment falls in the top five most-cited areas where organizations will be making significant investments over the next 12 months.
- The status quo for wireless networking solutions has thus far involved deploying wireless access points (APs) that are connected to and managed by a centralized controller. ESG recently conducted research to help organizations determine the cost and benefits of deploying newer controller-less wireless solutions, compared to these legacy controller-centric architectures. The ESG Economic Value Validation report found that with distributed intelligence and cloud-based management, controller-less solutions like Aerohive’s provide drastically lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and increased long-term benefits.
- ESG found Aerohive’s controller-less solutions to deliver numerous customer benefits, including significantly lower relative CapEx, reduction in data center footprint and associated OpEx, simplified architecting and installation of APs, ease of ongoing management and increased solution resiliency.
- With its rigorous four-phase Economic Value Validation methodology, ESG examined controller-less costs and benefits in a range of deployment scenarios, including regionally distributed large enterprises, highly distributed enterprises and centralized campuses. In all scenarios, Aerohive’s solutions were found to deliver reduced TCO, IT efficiency savings and user productivity improvements.
- In the case of the highly distributed enterprise, the annual TCO for an Aerohive solution was $874,463, compared with $2,526,760 for legacy solutions, making Aerohive’s technology over 65 percent less than a comparable controller-based architecture. ESG estimated that using Aerohive, highly distributed enterprises realize the most significant cost advantages in the area of hardware, saving in excess of $3,000,000 in that area alone (for a hypothetical 1,000 distributed locations).
- For the regionally distributed large enterprise, Aerohive’s TCO was nearly 40% less than the TCO calculated for a comparable controller-based solution. ESG also estimated cost savings for centralized campus deployment scenario it modeled. In that final scenario Aerohive’s TCO was calculated to be nearly 25% less than that of the TCO for controller-based deployments.
- In addition to cost, researchers also compared benefits of controller-less and controller-based solutions, focusing on improved efficiencies of IT and wireless end-users. Aerohive’s cloud-managed and controller-less architectures significantly saved time for both groups, cutting down on time of deployment, software updates, troubleshooting and power requirements for IT. In its analysis, ESG found that enterprises working with Aerohive required less IT training, saving four days per IT administrator.
- One potential pitfall of legacy, controller-based wireless architectures is the fact that the controller serves as a single point of failure—if a controller fails, then all of the APs connected to that controller are impacted. In these instances, ESG modeled that any controller failure would be accompanied by a 10 percent reduction in the productivity of wireless end-users. Accordingly, ESG found that Aerohive’s controller-less solutions also increased user productivity with faster issue resolution, zero wireless downtime during software updates and no single point of failure.
- Taking cost and benefit together, for the centralized campus, Aerohive’s solutions delivered a net financial benefit of $1,643,892 over three years compared to controller-based solutions. This financial benefit only increased for the highly distributed enterprise and regionally distributed large enterprise, with three-year net financial benefits of $5,631,064 and $8,102,134, respectively.
- For more details on the ESG Economic Value Validation Report, sponsored by Aerohive, please visit the report here.
“Organizations now face the daunting task of supporting double or triple the number of wireless devices that they did just a few years ago. Yet it is also imperative that these networking solutions are able to handle more than just the sheer volume of devices. While businesses require solutions that can rapidly scale, they also have to be easy to deploy and use. Furthermore, with greater reliance on wireless networks to deliver applications, high availability is a 'must have' feature, not a 'nice to have,'” said ESG senior analyst Bob Laliberte. “Based on research calls with its customers, the controller-less architecture Aerohive has pioneered is able to meet all those requirements. The research also demonstrated that Aerohive’s lower costs and increased efficiency can benefit both IT and users and can deliver a compelling economic advantage.”
“The uptick in mobile devices has multiplied IT burdens, both cost-wise and time-wise for enterprises struggling to scale their networks with this trend,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “We’ve devoted our resources to fine-tuning our cloud-managed technology and have long believed in the benefits of a distributed controller-less architecture over legacy architectures. It is especially rewarding to have the economic value of our solutions validated by ESG’s exhaustive analysis, especially compared to the abundance of offerings in the market. By focusing on this new architectural approach, we continue to help enterprises reap the most short-term and long-term value from their IT investments.”
About Enterprise Strategy Group
Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) is an integrated IT research, analysis, and strategy firm that is world-renowned for providing actionable insight and intelligence to the global IT community. Recognized for its unique blend of capabilities—including market research, hands-on technical product validation, and expert consulting methodologies such as the ESG Strategy Lifecycle—ESG is relied upon by IT professionals, technology vendors, investors, and the media to clarify the complex.
For more information visit: www.esg-global.com.
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 873
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 859
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Feb. 19, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 4,765
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 658
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 19, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 967
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 19, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 586
Column Technologies exhibited at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principals and help our customers meet today’s DevOps and Dig...
Feb. 19, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 702
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 938
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 746
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 830
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,639
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,581
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,544
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,897
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Feb. 19, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 772