|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 09:34 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that research by independent global advisory firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) has found that when compared to legacy wireless architectures, controller-less Wi-Fi solutions deliver significant economic advantages. For highly distributed enterprises, Aerohive was found to deliver a three-year net financial benefit of over $5 million, with its controller-less technology delivering significant cost savings and operational advantages such as streamlined efficiency and productivity for both IT administrators and users.
- As mobile devices have become increasingly critical to enterprises’ business processes and productivity, expanding the wireless LAN has become a top investment priority. In a survey of network technology decision makers, ESG research found that expanding the wireless LAN environment falls in the top five most-cited areas where organizations will be making significant investments over the next 12 months.
- The status quo for wireless networking solutions has thus far involved deploying wireless access points (APs) that are connected to and managed by a centralized controller. ESG recently conducted research to help organizations determine the cost and benefits of deploying newer controller-less wireless solutions, compared to these legacy controller-centric architectures. The ESG Economic Value Validation report found that with distributed intelligence and cloud-based management, controller-less solutions like Aerohive’s provide drastically lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and increased long-term benefits.
- ESG found Aerohive’s controller-less solutions to deliver numerous customer benefits, including significantly lower relative CapEx, reduction in data center footprint and associated OpEx, simplified architecting and installation of APs, ease of ongoing management and increased solution resiliency.
- With its rigorous four-phase Economic Value Validation methodology, ESG examined controller-less costs and benefits in a range of deployment scenarios, including regionally distributed large enterprises, highly distributed enterprises and centralized campuses. In all scenarios, Aerohive’s solutions were found to deliver reduced TCO, IT efficiency savings and user productivity improvements.
- In the case of the highly distributed enterprise, the annual TCO for an Aerohive solution was $874,463, compared with $2,526,760 for legacy solutions, making Aerohive’s technology over 65 percent less than a comparable controller-based architecture. ESG estimated that using Aerohive, highly distributed enterprises realize the most significant cost advantages in the area of hardware, saving in excess of $3,000,000 in that area alone (for a hypothetical 1,000 distributed locations).
- For the regionally distributed large enterprise, Aerohive’s TCO was nearly 40% less than the TCO calculated for a comparable controller-based solution. ESG also estimated cost savings for centralized campus deployment scenario it modeled. In that final scenario Aerohive’s TCO was calculated to be nearly 25% less than that of the TCO for controller-based deployments.
- In addition to cost, researchers also compared benefits of controller-less and controller-based solutions, focusing on improved efficiencies of IT and wireless end-users. Aerohive’s cloud-managed and controller-less architectures significantly saved time for both groups, cutting down on time of deployment, software updates, troubleshooting and power requirements for IT. In its analysis, ESG found that enterprises working with Aerohive required less IT training, saving four days per IT administrator.
- One potential pitfall of legacy, controller-based wireless architectures is the fact that the controller serves as a single point of failure—if a controller fails, then all of the APs connected to that controller are impacted. In these instances, ESG modeled that any controller failure would be accompanied by a 10 percent reduction in the productivity of wireless end-users. Accordingly, ESG found that Aerohive’s controller-less solutions also increased user productivity with faster issue resolution, zero wireless downtime during software updates and no single point of failure.
- Taking cost and benefit together, for the centralized campus, Aerohive’s solutions delivered a net financial benefit of $1,643,892 over three years compared to controller-based solutions. This financial benefit only increased for the highly distributed enterprise and regionally distributed large enterprise, with three-year net financial benefits of $5,631,064 and $8,102,134, respectively.
- For more details on the ESG Economic Value Validation Report, sponsored by Aerohive, please visit the report here.
“Organizations now face the daunting task of supporting double or triple the number of wireless devices that they did just a few years ago. Yet it is also imperative that these networking solutions are able to handle more than just the sheer volume of devices. While businesses require solutions that can rapidly scale, they also have to be easy to deploy and use. Furthermore, with greater reliance on wireless networks to deliver applications, high availability is a 'must have' feature, not a 'nice to have,'” said ESG senior analyst Bob Laliberte. “Based on research calls with its customers, the controller-less architecture Aerohive has pioneered is able to meet all those requirements. The research also demonstrated that Aerohive’s lower costs and increased efficiency can benefit both IT and users and can deliver a compelling economic advantage.”
“The uptick in mobile devices has multiplied IT burdens, both cost-wise and time-wise for enterprises struggling to scale their networks with this trend,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “We’ve devoted our resources to fine-tuning our cloud-managed technology and have long believed in the benefits of a distributed controller-less architecture over legacy architectures. It is especially rewarding to have the economic value of our solutions validated by ESG’s exhaustive analysis, especially compared to the abundance of offerings in the market. By focusing on this new architectural approach, we continue to help enterprises reap the most short-term and long-term value from their IT investments.”
About Enterprise Strategy Group
Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) is an integrated IT research, analysis, and strategy firm that is world-renowned for providing actionable insight and intelligence to the global IT community. Recognized for its unique blend of capabilities—including market research, hands-on technical product validation, and expert consulting methodologies such as the ESG Strategy Lifecycle—ESG is relied upon by IT professionals, technology vendors, investors, and the media to clarify the complex.
For more information visit: www.esg-global.com.
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 606
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 370
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,233
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,134
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,964
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 7,460
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,279
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,082
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,398
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,408
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 484
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 776
Dec. 10, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,021
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 699
Infrastructure is widely available, but who’s managing inbound/outbound traffic? Data is created, stored, and managed online – who is protecting it and how? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Jaeson Yoo, SVP of Business Development at Penta Security Systems Inc., discussed how to keep any and all infrastructure clean, safe, and efficient by monitoring and filtering all malicious HTTP/HTTPS traffic at the OSI Layer 7. Stop attacks and web intruders before they can enter your network.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 508