|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 09:34 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE: HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that research by independent global advisory firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) has found that when compared to legacy wireless architectures, controller-less Wi-Fi solutions deliver significant economic advantages. For highly distributed enterprises, Aerohive was found to deliver a three-year net financial benefit of over $5 million, with its controller-less technology delivering significant cost savings and operational advantages such as streamlined efficiency and productivity for both IT administrators and users.
- As mobile devices have become increasingly critical to enterprises’ business processes and productivity, expanding the wireless LAN has become a top investment priority. In a survey of network technology decision makers, ESG research found that expanding the wireless LAN environment falls in the top five most-cited areas where organizations will be making significant investments over the next 12 months.
- The status quo for wireless networking solutions has thus far involved deploying wireless access points (APs) that are connected to and managed by a centralized controller. ESG recently conducted research to help organizations determine the cost and benefits of deploying newer controller-less wireless solutions, compared to these legacy controller-centric architectures. The ESG Economic Value Validation report found that with distributed intelligence and cloud-based management, controller-less solutions like Aerohive’s provide drastically lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and increased long-term benefits.
- ESG found Aerohive’s controller-less solutions to deliver numerous customer benefits, including significantly lower relative CapEx, reduction in data center footprint and associated OpEx, simplified architecting and installation of APs, ease of ongoing management and increased solution resiliency.
- With its rigorous four-phase Economic Value Validation methodology, ESG examined controller-less costs and benefits in a range of deployment scenarios, including regionally distributed large enterprises, highly distributed enterprises and centralized campuses. In all scenarios, Aerohive’s solutions were found to deliver reduced TCO, IT efficiency savings and user productivity improvements.
- In the case of the highly distributed enterprise, the annual TCO for an Aerohive solution was $874,463, compared with $2,526,760 for legacy solutions, making Aerohive’s technology over 65 percent less than a comparable controller-based architecture. ESG estimated that using Aerohive, highly distributed enterprises realize the most significant cost advantages in the area of hardware, saving in excess of $3,000,000 in that area alone (for a hypothetical 1,000 distributed locations).
- For the regionally distributed large enterprise, Aerohive’s TCO was nearly 40% less than the TCO calculated for a comparable controller-based solution. ESG also estimated cost savings for centralized campus deployment scenario it modeled. In that final scenario Aerohive’s TCO was calculated to be nearly 25% less than that of the TCO for controller-based deployments.
- In addition to cost, researchers also compared benefits of controller-less and controller-based solutions, focusing on improved efficiencies of IT and wireless end-users. Aerohive’s cloud-managed and controller-less architectures significantly saved time for both groups, cutting down on time of deployment, software updates, troubleshooting and power requirements for IT. In its analysis, ESG found that enterprises working with Aerohive required less IT training, saving four days per IT administrator.
- One potential pitfall of legacy, controller-based wireless architectures is the fact that the controller serves as a single point of failure—if a controller fails, then all of the APs connected to that controller are impacted. In these instances, ESG modeled that any controller failure would be accompanied by a 10 percent reduction in the productivity of wireless end-users. Accordingly, ESG found that Aerohive’s controller-less solutions also increased user productivity with faster issue resolution, zero wireless downtime during software updates and no single point of failure.
- Taking cost and benefit together, for the centralized campus, Aerohive’s solutions delivered a net financial benefit of $1,643,892 over three years compared to controller-based solutions. This financial benefit only increased for the highly distributed enterprise and regionally distributed large enterprise, with three-year net financial benefits of $5,631,064 and $8,102,134, respectively.
- For more details on the ESG Economic Value Validation Report, sponsored by Aerohive, please visit the report here.
“Organizations now face the daunting task of supporting double or triple the number of wireless devices that they did just a few years ago. Yet it is also imperative that these networking solutions are able to handle more than just the sheer volume of devices. While businesses require solutions that can rapidly scale, they also have to be easy to deploy and use. Furthermore, with greater reliance on wireless networks to deliver applications, high availability is a 'must have' feature, not a 'nice to have,'” said ESG senior analyst Bob Laliberte. “Based on research calls with its customers, the controller-less architecture Aerohive has pioneered is able to meet all those requirements. The research also demonstrated that Aerohive’s lower costs and increased efficiency can benefit both IT and users and can deliver a compelling economic advantage.”
“The uptick in mobile devices has multiplied IT burdens, both cost-wise and time-wise for enterprises struggling to scale their networks with this trend,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “We’ve devoted our resources to fine-tuning our cloud-managed technology and have long believed in the benefits of a distributed controller-less architecture over legacy architectures. It is especially rewarding to have the economic value of our solutions validated by ESG’s exhaustive analysis, especially compared to the abundance of offerings in the market. By focusing on this new architectural approach, we continue to help enterprises reap the most short-term and long-term value from their IT investments.”
About Enterprise Strategy Group
Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) is an integrated IT research, analysis, and strategy firm that is world-renowned for providing actionable insight and intelligence to the global IT community. Recognized for its unique blend of capabilities—including market research, hands-on technical product validation, and expert consulting methodologies such as the ESG Strategy Lifecycle—ESG is relied upon by IT professionals, technology vendors, investors, and the media to clarify the complex.
For more information visit: www.esg-global.com.
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 31, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,420
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,563
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,453
In the rush to compete in the digital age, a successful digital transformation is essential, but many organizations are setting themselves up for failure. There’s a common misconception that the process is just about technology, but it’s not. It’s about your business. It shouldn’t be treated as an isolated IT project; it should be driven by business needs with the committed involvement of a range of stakeholders.
May. 31, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,778
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,031
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,474
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
May. 30, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,676
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 783
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 809
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,644
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,116
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,094
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,104
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,167
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,516