|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 12:31 PM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest ROADM Components report, which tracks the reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexer (ROADM) optical network equipment market and the wavelength selective switch (WSS) components within it.
ROADM ANALYST NOTE
“The rollout of colorless, directionless, and contentionless (CDC) ROADMs is starting this year with major suppliers such as Ciena moving to production and carriers including Verizon proceeding with deployments. This should provide a much-needed tailwind to the WSS component sector,” notes Andrew Schmitt, principal analyst for optical at Infonetics Research.
ROADM COMPONENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, ROADM WSS component revenue totaled $111 million in the second half of 2013 (2H13), up 4% from the first half of 2013 (1H13), but down 7% from the same period a year ago (2H12)
- For the full year 2013, worldwide revenue for ROADM WSS components declined 8% from 2012 due to mild increases in volume combined with continued price declines
- In 2014, Infonetics expects both WSS component unit shipments and revenue to increase
- Meanwhile, global revenue for WDM ROADM-based optical equipment (excluding components) increased 11% in 2013 from 2012, to $4.5 billion
- Infonetics expects WDM ROADM-based optical equipment to remain the fastest-growing segment of the optical transport business, with a projected 2013–2018 compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13%
- No single vendor controls the market for WDM ROADM equipment—they are tightly bunched
ROADM COMPONENTS REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' biannual ROADM components report provides market size, ROADM vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for ROADM optical network hardware and ROADM WSS components (1x4 or less 50GHz/gridless/100GHz and 1x5 or larger 50GHz/gridless/100GHz). Companies tracked: Adva, Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Coriant, ECI, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, NEC, Tellabs, Transmode, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Networking ports hit $39 billion; 40G booming in the data center, 100G taking off in the core
- Infinera, Fujitsu, Cisco, Ciena, and Huawei top new optical networking vendor scorecard
- OTN switching is booming; Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, and Infinera cashing in
- Optical gear spending flat in 4Q13 as North America sags and EMEA surges
RECENT AND UPCOMING OPTICAL RESEARCH
- Analyst Note: Post-OFC Analysis—Equipment (Apr.)
- Analyst Note: Ericsson-Ciena Deal: P-OTS, SDN & 100G for Routers (Apr.)
- Analyst Note: 100G Market Update—4x Growth in 2013 (Apr.)
- Packet-Optical, MPLS & Control Plane Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (May)
- Optical Network Hardware Market Share & Forecasts - 1Q14 (May)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M & IoT (May 20: Attend)
- DAS, LTE, Small Cells & WiFi: What's Next (May 22: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (View on-demand)
- The Roadmap for the ROADM Network Expansion (View on-demand)
- 100G in the Metro: When and Where It Will Be Economical (View on-demand)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers & How to Mitigate It (View on-demand)
- Coherent Optics: Cheaper, Better, Faster (July 24: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,920
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,879
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,234
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,066
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,624
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,431
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,636
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,386
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,191
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,967
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,982
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,681