|By Business Wire||
|May 14, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
Webs, a subsidiary of Vistaprint N.V. (Nasdaq: VPRT) and provider of the world’s premier marketing platform for the small business, today announced the results of the “Webs Small Business Digital Usage Survey,” which highlights the role of digital in the marketing strategies of small businesses. The national survey of 2,292 small business owners revealed that 63 percent are actively using digital products to market their businesses. Of those with websites, 59 percent created their websites independently using DIY tools, and 80 percent of website owners are their own webmasters.
The survey also showed that 88 percent of small business owners with social business profiles list Facebook as their top social media channel for marketing purposes, making it by far the most widely adopted social network for connecting and nurturing customer relationships.
“Small business owners are rapidly embracing digital DIY tools to build their online and social media presence,” said Scott Bowen, vice president and general manager of Webs. “The adoption rate of social media platforms among small businesses is accelerating as they look to create brand awareness and engagement with their customers quickly and cost effectively.”
The Small Business Goes Digital
The survey shows that most small businesses have some digital component to their marketing strategy. Whether it’s a website or solely a Facebook page, small business owners perceive that an online presence is critical to connecting with customers and marketing effectively. Some of the survey findings that underscore this fact are:
- 63 percent of small business owners use digital products as part or all of their marketing strategy, most combining digital and print.
- 61 percent use, or plan to use, a website, online store, or mobile website.
- 59 percent of those with a website created it with DIY tools.
- 80 percent of website owners are their own webmasters.
- 43 percent of website owners picked a website domain name at or before the time they launched their businesses.
The Social Small Business Is Now Standard
The role of social media is increasing as small business owners look to easily create brand awareness and expand their reach in an effective, but low-cost manner:
- 46 percent of small business owners have, or plan to create, a social profile for their business.
- 88 percent of those with social profiles list Facebook as a top social media channel for marketing their businesses, followed by LinkedIn (39 percent), Twitter (31 percent), Google+ (22 percent), Pinterest (20 percent), and YouTube (17 percent).
- 65 percent of those with Facebook business profiles use or are considering using Facebook advertising.
Customer Acquisition Is the Main Motivator for Digital Investment
Most small business owners understand having an online presence is an important element for attracting new customers:
- 63 percent agree the top motivator for getting a website is to generate new customer leads. Showcasing products and services is second (44 percent) and providing basic company information third (42 percent).
- The top three reasons Facebook users reported for creating a business page were customer acquisition (62 percent), building a network of followers (50 percent), and increasing brand awareness (45 percent).
A full version of a companion infographic – Webs Small Business Digital
Trends 2014 Survey – is available for download at:
Webs Small Business Digital Usage Survey is based on a nationally representative sample of 2,292 small business owners of companies with fewer than 10 employees. The anonymous survey was conducted online by Insight By Design between March 10-March 15, 2014 as part of Vistaprint’s 2014 Digital Usage Study. The poll has a margin of error of approximately +/- 2-7 percent depending on the question.
Webs provides an easy-to-use, reliable and cost-effective marketing platform specifically designed for the small business. The Webs platform today powers the online marketing of millions of small businesses around the globe with its complete suite of products: Webs, Pagemodo™, and ContactMe™. Webs customers tap the power of individual marketing products that enable small businesses to launch online, get noticed, engage customers and grow. With website building, support for ecommerce, social marketing tools, contact management and mobile applications, Webs makes small business simple. Webs product brands for the small business include Webs, the world’s most popular website builder; Pagemodo™, the award-winning social marketing suite; and ContactMe™, the segment’s first online customer relationship management tool. Founded in 2001, Webs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vistaprint N.V. (Nasdaq: VPRT), a leading online provider of professional marketing products and services to small business owners. For more information, please visit www.webs.com, www.pagemodo.com, and www.contactme.com.
Pagemodo and ContactMe are trademarks of Vistaprint N.V. or its subsidiaries. All other brand and product names appearing on this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,222
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,404
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,147
Jul. 27, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,403
Jul. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,660
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,997
Jul. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,169
Jul. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 303
Jul. 27, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,031
Jul. 27, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,102
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,170
Jul. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,065
Jul. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,684
Jul. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 877