|By Business Wire||
|May 14, 2014 10:03 AM EDT||
Security Products magazine, the only integrated product and technology magazine reaching the entire security market, announced Platinum and Gold winners in The Govies 2014 Government Security award competition yesterday at a ceremony on the show floor of GovSec, 1105 Media’s premier government security conference and expo. The awards honor outstanding government security products in a variety of categories. GovSec is being held May 13-14 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
The Security Products’ Government Security Awards, The Govies, were launched in 2009. A panel of judges from the security industry selected the top entries in the 2014 categories and named them winners using criteria including features, innovation, user friendliness, interoperability, quality, design, market opportunity, impact to the security industry, technical advances and scalability. Last month, the judges narrowed down the 2014 submissions to those achieving top status. Top entries earned the opportunity to display their products in The Govies Booth (#2529) at GovSec.
From the top entries, the following Platinum and Gold designations were announced today:
• ASSA ABLOY – Ecoflex Electrified Mortise Locks
• BlackBerry – BlackBerry Secure Work Space
• Honeywell Security – Vindicator Keypad Solution
• AirWatch – AirWatch Secure Content Locker
• 2X Software – 2X ApplicationServer XG
• Smartvue Corp. – Smartvue S9M
• Good Technology Public Sector – Good Dynamics
• BlackBerry – BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
• HOB Gmbh & Co. KG – HOB RD VPN Edition
• Samsung – SRM-4000
• Samsung – SRM-872
• Fire-Lite Alarms – Remote Telephone Zone Module
• System Sensor – SpectrAlert Advance Low Frequency Sounders and Sounder Strobes
Fire & Life Safety
• Xtralis – VESDA-E Series Aspirating Smoke Detectors
• Silent Knight – SK-FIRE-CO Detector
• Agiliance Inc., RiskVision 7
• Optim LLC, FreedomView LED Fiberscope
Investigative Video Systems
• Verint Systems – Verint Nextiva Situation Management Center
IP Cameras, Megapixel
• Arecont Vision – SurroundVideo Omni Cameras
IP Cameras, Panoramic
• Arecont Vision – SurroundVideo 12-Megapixel 360 Degree Panoramic Camera with True Wide Dynamic Range
• IC Realtime – 720-Degree Camera
IP Cameras, Thermal
• Axis Communications - AXIS Q1931-E Thermal Network Camera
• MOBOTIX – MOBOTIX Allround Dual M15 Thermal
• HOB Gmbh & Co. KG – HOBLink iWT
Mobile Security Apps
• HOB Gmbh & Co. KG – HOBLink Mobile
• Acronis – Acronis Access
• NCP Engineering – NCP Secure Enterprise VPN Server 8.11/NCP Secure Enterprise Client 9.32
• ForeScout Technologies Inc. – ForeScout CounterACT
• Quatro Electronics/B&B Electronics – Quatro SmartTower with Cellular Wireless Communication & Monitoring System from B&B Electronics
• Gallagher North America – Gallagher Integrated Perimeter Security Solution
• PlateSmart Technologies – Analytic Recognition Enterprise Solutions
• Axis Communications – Axis Q7436 Video Encoder Blade
Video Management Systems
• Salient Systems – CompleteView 4.3 with QuickTrack Audio
• Video Insight – Video Insight v6
“It’s exciting to have the opportunity to display so many outstanding products for the government security marketplace,” said Ralph C. Jensen, editor-in-chief of Security Products. “GovSec is an ideal venue for security companies to show off their products to the government industry.”
President and Group Publisher of the Security, Safety, and Health Group of 1105 Media, Kevin O’Grady, echoed those comments: “I am thrilled to be able to use the leading event for the government security market as a forum to announce these designations and display the winning products.”
In addition to being honored at GovSec, the winners will be featured on the security industry leading website, security-today.com, and highlighted in a future issue of Security Products magazine. The magazine is distributed to more than 65,000 subscribers monthly, as well as at trade events including GovSec.
Details about The Govies 2015 awards program will be released later this year.
Scheduled for May 12-14, 2014, at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., GovSec provides the resources and strategies needed by security professionals and first responders to proactively prepare for, prevent and respond to emerging and ongoing threats to their communities, companies, agencies and the homeland. TREXPO is the definitive event delivering training and showcasing tactical and law enforcement equipment, vehicles, technology and services for law enforcement, military, security and federal agencies, which are the first line of defense against threats. Both GovSec and TREXPO are produced by the Security, Safety, and Health Group of 1105 Media, Inc. For more information visit GovSecInfo.com.
About Security Products
Published by 1105 Media, Inc., Security Products is a leading industry media brand for the global security marketplace, providing new product and technology solutions for security professionals. Its print, digital, event, custom media and research products integrate physical and IT security coverage. For more information visit security-today.com.
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to max...
Mar. 29, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 454
Mar. 29, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 516
Mar. 29, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 541
Mar. 29, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 886
Mar. 29, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,433
Mar. 29, 2017 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,257
Mar. 29, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,837
Mar. 29, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,047
Mar. 29, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,423
Mar. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 15,090
Mar. 29, 2017 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,201
Mar. 29, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,148
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 29, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,234
Mar. 29, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,368
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 29, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,225