|By Business Wire||
|May 14, 2014 11:11 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kjvmjk/cigs) has announced the addition of the "CIGS Photovoltaics Markets-2014 and Beyond" report to their offering.
The industry shakeout in CIGS PV has been brutal. In 2010 there were more than 25 companies with plans for over 1 GW of capacity, but to date only Solar Frontier has achieved the goal. As the shakeout continued, there were even questions whether any new capacity would be added beyond the approximately 3 GW that was in place as the CIGS sector faced extreme price pressure from falling silicon based PV. Nonetheless, It is believed that while multiple start-ups have either been liquidated or acquired, the remaining few large CIGS players are poised to add significant capacity.
This report will analyze the opportunities that are emerging for CIGS in this very new phase of the solar industry. The report takes a detailed look into the technical evolution of CIGs fabrication and encapsulation and show how this will impact CIGS market expansion and cost reduction. Much of the report is devoted to the opportunities for CIGS in building-integrated PV (BIPV market) and how CIGS flexible modules and price parity with silicon solar panels could considerably improve the revenues generated by CIGS technology in the near future.
Key Topics Covered:
E.1 CIGS: Finally Poised to be a Major Force in PV?
E.2 Opportunities for CIGS Firms:
- CIGS in the Conventional Panel Market
- BIPV Opportunities for CIGS
- CIGS Opportunities in Portable Electronics
E.3 The Business Case for CIGS in a Technology Agnostic PV Environment
E.4 Will There Ever Be High-Volume Printed CIGS?
E.5 CIGS Supply Structure
- The Death March for Startups Continues. Who's Left?
- The Transition from Startups to Asian Multinationals
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Industry Consolidation and Shake Out. Are we Done Yet?
- Enter Fresh Capital. TSMC and Hanergy
- Higher Efficiency and Flexible Modules. The Path to Market Share for CIGS?
- BIPV: A Match Made for Rooftops?
- Reliability and Encapsulation. CIGS' Achilles Heel?
Chapter Two: The Supply side of CIGS
2.1 Two Keys to Compete with Crystalline silicon: Higher Yield and Lower Production Costs
2.2 CIGS Materials: The Indium issue. Will There Ever be Price Stability?
2.3 Manufacturing Processes
- Conventional Vacuum Deposition
- Printing. Will it Always be the Next Big Thing?
- Roll to Roll: Is it Really an Advantage?
2.4 Other CIGS Specific Materials
- Electrodes: Changing Materials
- The Special Encapsulation Needs for CIGS
2.5 The Changing Capital Landscape for CIGS Development
Chapter Three: CIGS Market Opportunities
3.1 How Does CIGS Gain Market Share in a PV Technology Agnostic World Dominated by Silicon?
3.2 Flexible CIGS: A High Growth Market where Crystalline Silicon cannot Compete
- Flexible BIPV Opportunities
- Other Flexible Application Opportunities
- Long Term Reliability of Flexible CIGS
3.3 Current Market and Capital Funding Situation
- The Shift from Small Startup Companies to Deep Pocketed Corporations
- The Shift to China and Taiwan
- Leaders and Strategies
Chapter Four: Eight-Year Forecasts for CIGS PV and its Materials
4.1 Forecasting Methodology
4.2 Forecasts of CIGS PV by Product Type
- Conventional Panels
- Other Products
4.3 Forecasts of CIGS PV by Manufacturing Technology
- Forecasts by Rigid vs. Flexible Manufacturing
- Forecasts by CIGS Deposition Method
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kjvmjk/cigs
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,820
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 402
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,530
Aug. 24, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,834
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 391
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Aug. 24, 2016 10:48 AM EDT Reads: 378
Aug. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 453
Aug. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 446