|By Kevin Benedict||
|May 26, 2014 11:53 AM EDT||
I am learning a great deal from some of the most experienced mobility gurus in the business this week at the M6 MobilityXchange in San Diego. Yesterday we discussed all kinds of new developments taking place in enterprise mobility. Here are some of my notes from day #1.
- We are entering the age of wisdom - the result of many mistakes in enterprise mobility
- Maribel Lopez identified three phases of enterprise mobility, 1) Extend capabilities, 2) Enhance capabilities and 3) Transform your business
- Question to ask, "What is now possible with mobile devices that was not possible without?"
- Continued discussions around mobile devices with dual persona. Select work persona, and all your apps and screens are configured for work. Select personal persona and all your apps and screens are configured for personal use. These could have different security settings, etc.
- Mobility is about creating "right time" experiences.
- Question to ask, "Why are my customers connecting at this moment in time?" What is happening in their lives at this moment. How can we enhance and support that moment. Think landing at an airport and turning on your smartphone. What may the customer want to know at this moment of time? Where is Starbucks? Where is my connecting gate? Where is my airline lounge? Where is baggage claim? Don't wait for the user to select, make some predictions.
- American Airlines reported there are now more check-ins on mobile devices than on the web.
- The top mobile app users at American Airlines correspond to the top customers. Invest in these customers. They deliver the profits.
- Airlines are testing iBeacon/Beacon technology to help raise the quality of care for their best customers - read more about iBeacons here.
- Ford has developed the Ford Open XC open standard for interfacing with their cars' data. I can image service companies offering to monitor all of your car's data and servicing your vehicle based upon the data received.
- Heard a new mobile security phrase today that made me laugh sophomorically, "sniffing your packets" hehehehe.
Stay tuned for Day #2.
Kevin Benedict Writer, Speaker, Editor Senior Analyst, Digital Transformation, EBA, Center for the Future of Work Cognizant View my profile on LinkedIn Learn about mobile strategies at MobileEnterpriseStrategies.com Follow me on Twitter @krbenedict Browse the Mobile Solution Directory Join the Linkedin Group Strategic Enterprise Mobility Join the Google+ Community Mobile Enterprise Strategies Recommended Strategy Book Code Halos Recommended iPad App Code Halos for iPads
***Full Disclosure: These are my personal opinions. No company is silly enough to claim them. I am a mobility and digital transformation analyst, consultant and writer. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 28, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,021
Sep. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,559
Sep. 27, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,976
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,402
Sep. 27, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,847
Sep. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,188
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,975
Sep. 27, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 492
Sep. 27, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
Sep. 27, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,238
Sep. 27, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,874
Sep. 27, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,824
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,214
Sep. 27, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,576
Sep. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 427