|By Business Wire||
|May 15, 2014 05:46 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8d9jn6/market_and) has announced the addition of the "Global Printed & Flexible Electronics Report 2014: Market & Technology Trends in Materials & Equipment" report to their offering.
VOLUME MANUFACTURING FOR PRINTED AND FLEXIBLE ELECTRONICS WILL SOON BE ENABLED BY EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS PROVIDERS
For now, organic electronics are made on rigid substrates and mainly manufactured using vapor deposition techniques, which are costly, generally require high temperatures and generate significant product waste. Printed and flexible electronics has been a very hot topic in this past decade, holding the promise of a tremendous new market. While the printing of electronics is mainly a way to produce large electronic surfaces and reduce manufacturing costs, flexibility will provide higher robustness to the end products as well as new features, designs and shapes.
In our report, we explain how this market will be addressed by players that do not necessarily come from the semiconductor field. In this emerging part of the electronics industry, chemical companies and printing equipment companies are the players that will enable volume manufacturing and will leverage technical bottlenecks.
Indeed the main challenges today lay in:
- The development of high performance materials which will reach or surpass that of inorganic solutions: their intrinsic efficiency, their ability to be printed at a sufficient resolution, to fully operate in combination with several other materials (not to mix one with another), and their lifetime.
- The capability for chemicals companies to provide formulated molecules with new functionalities as well as very specialized active materials.
- Equipment dedicated to printed electronics, that are able to handle specialized inks and to provide printing accuracy way beyond that of standard printing (in the 10s of µm range).
Technology enablers are therefore not those usually involved in electronics development. The solution printing & coating industry is very far from the standard electronics industry, in terms of equipment and materials and they have completely different industrial cultures.
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
This report aims at giving insights on:
- The market and applications for Printed & Flexible electronics
- The timeline by applications (displays, lighting, solar cells, sensors, system-in-foil)
- The different production processes and technical challenges
- Equipment forecast
- Technical requirements & challenges for materials
- Cost structure material
- Material forecast
- Main players status
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Identification of technical hurdles for printed & flexible electronics (OLEDs lighting, OLEDs displays, PV, sensors)
- Threats and opportunities for equipment and materials companies
- 2013-2020 market forecast for equipment and materials in units and US$ value
- 2013-2020 market forecast for printed & flexible electronics applications in US$ and m² surface
- Application landscape and roadmap
- Processes description and roadmap
- Materials issues
- Devices structure
- Cost structure analysis over time
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. 2013-2020 market & applications for printed & flexible electronics
3. Production Processes
4. Equipment for printed & flexible electronics
5. Materials for printed & flexible electronics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8d9jn6/market_and
Jul. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,694
Jul. 31, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,213
Jul. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,019
Jul. 31, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,043
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,347
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,324
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,503
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,538
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,769
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,780
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,313
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,284
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 595