|By Business Wire||
|May 15, 2014 05:46 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8d9jn6/market_and) has announced the addition of the "Global Printed & Flexible Electronics Report 2014: Market & Technology Trends in Materials & Equipment" report to their offering.
VOLUME MANUFACTURING FOR PRINTED AND FLEXIBLE ELECTRONICS WILL SOON BE ENABLED BY EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS PROVIDERS
For now, organic electronics are made on rigid substrates and mainly manufactured using vapor deposition techniques, which are costly, generally require high temperatures and generate significant product waste. Printed and flexible electronics has been a very hot topic in this past decade, holding the promise of a tremendous new market. While the printing of electronics is mainly a way to produce large electronic surfaces and reduce manufacturing costs, flexibility will provide higher robustness to the end products as well as new features, designs and shapes.
In our report, we explain how this market will be addressed by players that do not necessarily come from the semiconductor field. In this emerging part of the electronics industry, chemical companies and printing equipment companies are the players that will enable volume manufacturing and will leverage technical bottlenecks.
Indeed the main challenges today lay in:
- The development of high performance materials which will reach or surpass that of inorganic solutions: their intrinsic efficiency, their ability to be printed at a sufficient resolution, to fully operate in combination with several other materials (not to mix one with another), and their lifetime.
- The capability for chemicals companies to provide formulated molecules with new functionalities as well as very specialized active materials.
- Equipment dedicated to printed electronics, that are able to handle specialized inks and to provide printing accuracy way beyond that of standard printing (in the 10s of µm range).
Technology enablers are therefore not those usually involved in electronics development. The solution printing & coating industry is very far from the standard electronics industry, in terms of equipment and materials and they have completely different industrial cultures.
OBJECTIVES OF THE REPORT
This report aims at giving insights on:
- The market and applications for Printed & Flexible electronics
- The timeline by applications (displays, lighting, solar cells, sensors, system-in-foil)
- The different production processes and technical challenges
- Equipment forecast
- Technical requirements & challenges for materials
- Cost structure material
- Material forecast
- Main players status
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Identification of technical hurdles for printed & flexible electronics (OLEDs lighting, OLEDs displays, PV, sensors)
- Threats and opportunities for equipment and materials companies
- 2013-2020 market forecast for equipment and materials in units and US$ value
- 2013-2020 market forecast for printed & flexible electronics applications in US$ and m² surface
- Application landscape and roadmap
- Processes description and roadmap
- Materials issues
- Devices structure
- Cost structure analysis over time
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. 2013-2020 market & applications for printed & flexible electronics
3. Production Processes
4. Equipment for printed & flexible electronics
5. Materials for printed & flexible electronics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8d9jn6/market_and
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 671
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 24, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,699
Apr. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 763
Apr. 24, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,608
Apr. 24, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,636
Apr. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 393
Apr. 24, 2017 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 733
Apr. 24, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,139
Apr. 24, 2017 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,107
Apr. 24, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,405
Apr. 24, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 609
Apr. 24, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 702
Apr. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 649
Apr. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,667