|By JCN Newswire||
|May 16, 2014 03:18 AM EDT||
These joint ventures resulted from an order placed by MC with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. in March 2012 for the construction of two LNG carriers, with each venture set up as the holding company for each carrier. The first venture, named Trans Pacific Shipping 1 Ltd. (TPS1), was set up with NYK, and the second, named Trans Pacific Shipping 2 Ltd. (TPS2) was set up with MOL. Chubu Electric entered into a time charter party with each LNG carrier owning company in October 2012, mainly for the transportation of LNG from project sites in Australia.
Under the new arrangement, MC will transfer 10% of its shares in TPS1 to Chubu Electric while NYK will transfer 30%. For TPS2, MC will also transfer 10% of its shares to Chubu Electric while MOL will transfer 30%. This will bring Chubu Electric's equity participation in each company to a total of 40%, thereby allowing TPS1 and TPS2 to continue developing the LNG carrier business as new three-company joint ventures. The transfer of shares will be executed after the delivery of each LNG carrier.
The demand for LNG around the world has been increasing in recent years, and the procurement of necessary LNG shipping tonnage has become a key factor in ensuring stable supplies of energy. MC is continuously engaged in efforts to promote and expand the LNG carrier business, including the procurement, joint ownership and operation of LNG carriers as well as the provision of LNG transportation related services, not only for LNG production and marketing projects in which MC is involved, but also for major utilities around the world.
MC will continue to strengthen its LNG carrier business through projects of this nature as part of its efforts to contribute to ensuring stable supplies of energy.
Mitsubishi Corporation (MC; TSE: 8058) is a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry including industrial finance, energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, foods, and environmental business. MC's current activities are expanding far beyond its traditional trading operations as its diverse business ranges from natural resources development to investment in retail business, infrastructure, financial products and manufacturing of industrial goods. With over 200 bases of operations in approximately 80 countries worldwide and a network of over 500 group companies, MC employs a multinational workforce of nearly 60,000 people. For more information, please visit www.mitsubishicorp.com.
Source: Mitsubishi Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation Telephone:+81 3 3210 2171 Facsimile:+81 3 5252 7705
Copyright 2014 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 605
Aug. 25, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 375
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,483
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,199
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,543
Aug. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,358
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,885
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,592
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 576
Aug. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,383
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 541
Aug. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,827
Aug. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 489
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 603
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 575