|By Business Wire||
|May 19, 2014 08:31 AM EDT||
Groupon (www.groupon.com) today announced Gnome, a new tablet-based platform that will provide sophisticated tools to local merchants to run their businesses more effectively and understand their customers better. The tablet will let merchants instantly recognize their Groupon customers as they enter their business, seamlessly redeem Groupons and save time and money with a simple point of-sale system and credit card payment processing service. Gnome will soon integrate with popular accounting software programs such as QuickBooks and Xero and offer a suite of customer relationship management tools, including the ability to customize marketing campaigns based on purchase history, share customer feedback via social media and respond to customer inquiries or comments.
Groupon's Gnome (www.groupon.com/gnome) is a tablet-based platform that will fundamentally change the way consumers redeem Groupons and how merchants run their business and interact with their customers (Photo: Business Wire)
“Gnome is an amazing piece of technology that plugs our merchants into the Web and helps them form relationships with every customer that walks in their front door,” said Eric Lefkofsky, CEO. “When it’s complete, Gnome will serve as an operating system for merchants to run their entire operation and enable them to create real-time promotions that bring customers into their business when they need them the most.”
“Gnome is an important step towards our long-term mission of creating a world where merchants are constantly connected to the Groupon local commerce platform,” Lefkofsky added.
Gnome is already in market, and will roll out to tens of thousands of merchants in the coming months.
Highlights of Gnome will include:
- Bluetooth Groupon Redemption – Automatically redeem Groupons using Bluetooth technology or search for customers by name, Groupon barcode or voucher number. Customers no longer have to present a printed voucher or even show their mobile device.
- All-in-one Cash Register – Everything local businesses need to operate more efficiently and deliver outstanding customer service—log cash transactions, accept credit and debit card payments, print or email receipts, calculate multiple tax rates, manage menu items, view transaction history and issue refunds.
- Customer Relationship Management – Customize marketing campaigns using customer purchase history and preferences. Gnome also lets merchants share customer feedback via Facebook and Twitter and enables one-click email response to solve customer service issues as they happen.
- Accounting Software Integration – Gnome integrates with popular accounting software programs Quickbooks and Xero, providing merchants with a convenient and hassle-free way to upload their sales data for bookkeeping and taxes.
- Simple, Customizable Point of Sale – Gnome comes with preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes; merchants can also add, scroll and search thousands of menu items.
Additionally, Gnome will come with 24/7 live support and a payments service with competitive rates on credit card processing fees––backed by a low-price guarantee to save merchants money.
Groupon will continue to evolve and expand Gnome’s capabilities to enable merchants to connect even further with its vast mobile and online user base and suite of merchant solutions.
For more information about Gnome, please visit www.groupon.com/gnome.
"Groupon" is a registered trademarks of Groupon, Inc. "Groupon" is a registered trademarks of Groupon, Inc. All other names used may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit grouponworks.com.
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,064
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 371
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 326
Jul. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 618
Jul. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 390
Jul. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 356
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,200
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 757
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 701
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,188
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,102
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,830
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
Jul. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,257
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,341