|By Business Wire||
|May 19, 2014 08:32 AM EDT||
Shazam® today announced its predictions for this summer’s hit songs – the music everyone will be dancing to and singing out loud this summer.
The list includes newly released singles that the Shazam Charts indicate will be the next big hits as well as songs that are currently moving up the national charts. The list is ranked based on the number of Shazams that the single is currently receiving, and other factors.
1) Ed Sheeran – Sing. “Sing’ has been one of the most reactive Shazam songs of the year with 1 million Shazams and counting. This Pharrell-produced track is set to take the popular UK singer to even bigger success.”
2) Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem. Iggy Azalea is perhaps the hottest rapper of the moment and this collaboration is proving to be huge with Shazam users.
3) Sam Smith – Stay With Me. Sam is currently riding high in the US as a guest vocalist for Naughty Boy and Disclosure. To date Sam Smith’s vocals have been Shazamed over 15 million times with this single rising dramatically week on week.
4) Luke Bryan – Play It Again. “Play It Again” is the undoubted country hit of the year. Currently number one in Shazam’s Country chart expect this to be getting love till winter time.
5) Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong. Norwegians Nico & Vinz have had huge success in Europe with “Am I Wrong”. The trajectory of the track in the USA is going steeply upward.
6) Oliver Heldens – Gecko. From the label that brought the world Martin Garrix comes Oliver Heldens: the latest Euro-house sensation. The new vocal version of “Gecko” seems to be taking this underground hit over-ground.
7) Clean Bandit – Rather Be. “Rather Be” broke Shazam and sales records when it dropped in Europe. To date it’s been Shazamed nearly 10 million times. It’s still the most Shazamed track in the world but could go even bigger with more US radio play. Clean Bandit’s follow up, “Extraordinary”, also shows the band may have more than just one tune in their locker too.
8) Secondcity – I Wanna Feel. This dance track is one of the most reactive tracks in the UK and almost certain to be a number one when released on 25th May. There’s a great chance this could go big in Europe with the Ibiza season fast approaching.
9) Teeflii Feat. 2 Chainz – 24 Hours. Teeflii is one of the most exciting underground R&B singers. This beat is produced by the unstoppable DJ Mustard and features the always popular 2 Chainz. It hasn’t even released officially but has already been Shazamed 100K times!
10) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Don’t Stop. This Australian band has shown explosive growth on Shazam and social media. They’re tipped to have the One Direction levels of success this year and the signs are this track could help them get there.
"Whether you’re rolling down the windows while driving down the highway, putting on the suntan lotion by the pool or hanging out with friends BBQing, summertime music makes it so much better,” said Peter Szabo, Shazam’s Head of Music. "Shazam's ‘Sounds of Summer’ is powered by our chart data built on our 450-million strong user base. We know this year’s picks will have everyone cranking up their radios!"
Shazam charts are recognized as one of the most accurate predictive measures of future hits. Last year’s Sounds of Summer list forecasted the success of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Passenger’s “Let Her Go.” In 2012, Shazam correctly named Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know” and Maroon 5’s “Payphone” as summer smashes.
To date, the top five Shazamed songs for 2014 in the U.S. are:
1) John Legend, “All of Me”
2) Katy Perry, “Dark Horse”
3) Pharrell Williams, “Happy”
4) Jason Derulo, “Talk Dirty”
5) Lorde, “Team”
Shazam Tagging Statistics:
- Shazam has had more than 2.5 billion tags since the new year, an increase of more than 150% since the same time last year
- In the last year, 75% of number ones in the Shazam US New Release Charts go on to reach top ten in the Billboard Hot 100
- The average time between a track reaching No. 1 on the Shazam New Release Chart and Top 10 Billboard is 43 days
Shazam tag charts provide reliable data that lets the industry see which acts and tracks are popular with consumers. For complete US, UK and world charts, visit the Shazam website.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps that connects people to the world around them through their mobile device. When a user Shazams a song or TV show, they are able to identify, explore, purchase and share that content. One of the world’s top ten apps, Shazam reaches more than 450 million users in 200 countries, exceeds 90 million monthly active users, and is growing by over 13 million new users each month.
Shazam makes it easy for people to share their discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Pinterest and Google+. And to purchase through iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for FREE on every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, and other app stores.
The Shazam, Shazam Encore, Shazam for TV names and icons are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited.
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,349
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,531
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 985
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,557
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,861
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:06 AM EDT
I’m going to cry tonight, long and hard. I’ll do so as I remember and mourn Jeremy Geelan. I knew Jeremy for almost 20 years, from the time he showed up one day at Cloud Expo’s headquarters in Bergen County, New Jersey, and went to work. The show wasn’t called Cloud Expo then, of course – it was still known as Java Edge, a pioneering event that grabbed developers, architects, and enterprise IT users alike for twice-yearly confabs. Jeremy didn’t have a job there, or even a job offer. He was s...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,716
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 986
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,229
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,232
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,600
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,406
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,436