|By Business Wire||
|May 19, 2014 08:32 AM EDT||
Shazam® today announced its predictions for this summer’s hit songs – the music everyone will be dancing to and singing out loud this summer.
The list includes newly released singles that the Shazam Charts indicate will be the next big hits as well as songs that are currently moving up the national charts. The list is ranked based on the number of Shazams that the single is currently receiving, and other factors.
1) Ed Sheeran – Sing. “Sing’ has been one of the most reactive Shazam songs of the year with 1 million Shazams and counting. This Pharrell-produced track is set to take the popular UK singer to even bigger success.”
2) Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem. Iggy Azalea is perhaps the hottest rapper of the moment and this collaboration is proving to be huge with Shazam users.
3) Sam Smith – Stay With Me. Sam is currently riding high in the US as a guest vocalist for Naughty Boy and Disclosure. To date Sam Smith’s vocals have been Shazamed over 15 million times with this single rising dramatically week on week.
4) Luke Bryan – Play It Again. “Play It Again” is the undoubted country hit of the year. Currently number one in Shazam’s Country chart expect this to be getting love till winter time.
5) Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong. Norwegians Nico & Vinz have had huge success in Europe with “Am I Wrong”. The trajectory of the track in the USA is going steeply upward.
6) Oliver Heldens – Gecko. From the label that brought the world Martin Garrix comes Oliver Heldens: the latest Euro-house sensation. The new vocal version of “Gecko” seems to be taking this underground hit over-ground.
7) Clean Bandit – Rather Be. “Rather Be” broke Shazam and sales records when it dropped in Europe. To date it’s been Shazamed nearly 10 million times. It’s still the most Shazamed track in the world but could go even bigger with more US radio play. Clean Bandit’s follow up, “Extraordinary”, also shows the band may have more than just one tune in their locker too.
8) Secondcity – I Wanna Feel. This dance track is one of the most reactive tracks in the UK and almost certain to be a number one when released on 25th May. There’s a great chance this could go big in Europe with the Ibiza season fast approaching.
9) Teeflii Feat. 2 Chainz – 24 Hours. Teeflii is one of the most exciting underground R&B singers. This beat is produced by the unstoppable DJ Mustard and features the always popular 2 Chainz. It hasn’t even released officially but has already been Shazamed 100K times!
10) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Don’t Stop. This Australian band has shown explosive growth on Shazam and social media. They’re tipped to have the One Direction levels of success this year and the signs are this track could help them get there.
"Whether you’re rolling down the windows while driving down the highway, putting on the suntan lotion by the pool or hanging out with friends BBQing, summertime music makes it so much better,” said Peter Szabo, Shazam’s Head of Music. "Shazam's ‘Sounds of Summer’ is powered by our chart data built on our 450-million strong user base. We know this year’s picks will have everyone cranking up their radios!"
Shazam charts are recognized as one of the most accurate predictive measures of future hits. Last year’s Sounds of Summer list forecasted the success of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Passenger’s “Let Her Go.” In 2012, Shazam correctly named Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know” and Maroon 5’s “Payphone” as summer smashes.
To date, the top five Shazamed songs for 2014 in the U.S. are:
1) John Legend, “All of Me”
2) Katy Perry, “Dark Horse”
3) Pharrell Williams, “Happy”
4) Jason Derulo, “Talk Dirty”
5) Lorde, “Team”
Shazam Tagging Statistics:
- Shazam has had more than 2.5 billion tags since the new year, an increase of more than 150% since the same time last year
- In the last year, 75% of number ones in the Shazam US New Release Charts go on to reach top ten in the Billboard Hot 100
- The average time between a track reaching No. 1 on the Shazam New Release Chart and Top 10 Billboard is 43 days
Shazam tag charts provide reliable data that lets the industry see which acts and tracks are popular with consumers. For complete US, UK and world charts, visit the Shazam website.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps that connects people to the world around them through their mobile device. When a user Shazams a song or TV show, they are able to identify, explore, purchase and share that content. One of the world’s top ten apps, Shazam reaches more than 450 million users in 200 countries, exceeds 90 million monthly active users, and is growing by over 13 million new users each month.
Shazam makes it easy for people to share their discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Pinterest and Google+. And to purchase through iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for FREE on every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, and other app stores.
The Shazam, Shazam Encore, Shazam for TV names and icons are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited.
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 265
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,312
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 966
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,020
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 27, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 175
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 253
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 302
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 329
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 514
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,329
Sysdig has announced two significant milestones in its mission to bring infrastructure and application monitoring to the world of containers and microservices: a $10.7 million Series A funding led by Accel and Bain Capital Ventures (BCV); and the general availability of Sysdig Cloud, the first monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting platform specializing in container visibility, which is already used by more than 30 enterprise customers. The funding will be used to drive adoption of Sysdig Clo...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 399
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 426
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,220
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 297
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 319