|By Business Wire||
|May 19, 2014 08:32 AM EDT||
Shazam® today announced its predictions for this summer’s hit songs – the music everyone will be dancing to and singing out loud this summer.
The list includes newly released singles that the Shazam Charts indicate will be the next big hits as well as songs that are currently moving up the national charts. The list is ranked based on the number of Shazams that the single is currently receiving, and other factors.
1) Ed Sheeran – Sing. “Sing’ has been one of the most reactive Shazam songs of the year with 1 million Shazams and counting. This Pharrell-produced track is set to take the popular UK singer to even bigger success.”
2) Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem. Iggy Azalea is perhaps the hottest rapper of the moment and this collaboration is proving to be huge with Shazam users.
3) Sam Smith – Stay With Me. Sam is currently riding high in the US as a guest vocalist for Naughty Boy and Disclosure. To date Sam Smith’s vocals have been Shazamed over 15 million times with this single rising dramatically week on week.
4) Luke Bryan – Play It Again. “Play It Again” is the undoubted country hit of the year. Currently number one in Shazam’s Country chart expect this to be getting love till winter time.
5) Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong. Norwegians Nico & Vinz have had huge success in Europe with “Am I Wrong”. The trajectory of the track in the USA is going steeply upward.
6) Oliver Heldens – Gecko. From the label that brought the world Martin Garrix comes Oliver Heldens: the latest Euro-house sensation. The new vocal version of “Gecko” seems to be taking this underground hit over-ground.
7) Clean Bandit – Rather Be. “Rather Be” broke Shazam and sales records when it dropped in Europe. To date it’s been Shazamed nearly 10 million times. It’s still the most Shazamed track in the world but could go even bigger with more US radio play. Clean Bandit’s follow up, “Extraordinary”, also shows the band may have more than just one tune in their locker too.
8) Secondcity – I Wanna Feel. This dance track is one of the most reactive tracks in the UK and almost certain to be a number one when released on 25th May. There’s a great chance this could go big in Europe with the Ibiza season fast approaching.
9) Teeflii Feat. 2 Chainz – 24 Hours. Teeflii is one of the most exciting underground R&B singers. This beat is produced by the unstoppable DJ Mustard and features the always popular 2 Chainz. It hasn’t even released officially but has already been Shazamed 100K times!
10) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Don’t Stop. This Australian band has shown explosive growth on Shazam and social media. They’re tipped to have the One Direction levels of success this year and the signs are this track could help them get there.
"Whether you’re rolling down the windows while driving down the highway, putting on the suntan lotion by the pool or hanging out with friends BBQing, summertime music makes it so much better,” said Peter Szabo, Shazam’s Head of Music. "Shazam's ‘Sounds of Summer’ is powered by our chart data built on our 450-million strong user base. We know this year’s picks will have everyone cranking up their radios!"
Shazam charts are recognized as one of the most accurate predictive measures of future hits. Last year’s Sounds of Summer list forecasted the success of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Passenger’s “Let Her Go.” In 2012, Shazam correctly named Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know” and Maroon 5’s “Payphone” as summer smashes.
To date, the top five Shazamed songs for 2014 in the U.S. are:
1) John Legend, “All of Me”
2) Katy Perry, “Dark Horse”
3) Pharrell Williams, “Happy”
4) Jason Derulo, “Talk Dirty”
5) Lorde, “Team”
Shazam Tagging Statistics:
- Shazam has had more than 2.5 billion tags since the new year, an increase of more than 150% since the same time last year
- In the last year, 75% of number ones in the Shazam US New Release Charts go on to reach top ten in the Billboard Hot 100
- The average time between a track reaching No. 1 on the Shazam New Release Chart and Top 10 Billboard is 43 days
Shazam tag charts provide reliable data that lets the industry see which acts and tracks are popular with consumers. For complete US, UK and world charts, visit the Shazam website.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps that connects people to the world around them through their mobile device. When a user Shazams a song or TV show, they are able to identify, explore, purchase and share that content. One of the world’s top ten apps, Shazam reaches more than 450 million users in 200 countries, exceeds 90 million monthly active users, and is growing by over 13 million new users each month.
Shazam makes it easy for people to share their discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Pinterest and Google+. And to purchase through iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for FREE on every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, and other app stores.
The Shazam, Shazam Encore, Shazam for TV names and icons are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited.
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,393
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,678
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 601
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,530
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:07 PM EDT Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 836
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 835
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,396
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 972
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,531