|By Business Wire||
|May 19, 2014 08:32 AM EDT||
Shazam® today announced its predictions for this summer’s hit songs – the music everyone will be dancing to and singing out loud this summer.
The list includes newly released singles that the Shazam Charts indicate will be the next big hits as well as songs that are currently moving up the national charts. The list is ranked based on the number of Shazams that the single is currently receiving, and other factors.
1) Ed Sheeran – Sing. “Sing’ has been one of the most reactive Shazam songs of the year with 1 million Shazams and counting. This Pharrell-produced track is set to take the popular UK singer to even bigger success.”
2) Ariana Grande Feat. Iggy Azalea – Problem. Iggy Azalea is perhaps the hottest rapper of the moment and this collaboration is proving to be huge with Shazam users.
3) Sam Smith – Stay With Me. Sam is currently riding high in the US as a guest vocalist for Naughty Boy and Disclosure. To date Sam Smith’s vocals have been Shazamed over 15 million times with this single rising dramatically week on week.
4) Luke Bryan – Play It Again. “Play It Again” is the undoubted country hit of the year. Currently number one in Shazam’s Country chart expect this to be getting love till winter time.
5) Nico & Vinz – Am I Wrong. Norwegians Nico & Vinz have had huge success in Europe with “Am I Wrong”. The trajectory of the track in the USA is going steeply upward.
6) Oliver Heldens – Gecko. From the label that brought the world Martin Garrix comes Oliver Heldens: the latest Euro-house sensation. The new vocal version of “Gecko” seems to be taking this underground hit over-ground.
7) Clean Bandit – Rather Be. “Rather Be” broke Shazam and sales records when it dropped in Europe. To date it’s been Shazamed nearly 10 million times. It’s still the most Shazamed track in the world but could go even bigger with more US radio play. Clean Bandit’s follow up, “Extraordinary”, also shows the band may have more than just one tune in their locker too.
8) Secondcity – I Wanna Feel. This dance track is one of the most reactive tracks in the UK and almost certain to be a number one when released on 25th May. There’s a great chance this could go big in Europe with the Ibiza season fast approaching.
9) Teeflii Feat. 2 Chainz – 24 Hours. Teeflii is one of the most exciting underground R&B singers. This beat is produced by the unstoppable DJ Mustard and features the always popular 2 Chainz. It hasn’t even released officially but has already been Shazamed 100K times!
10) 5 Seconds Of Summer – Don’t Stop. This Australian band has shown explosive growth on Shazam and social media. They’re tipped to have the One Direction levels of success this year and the signs are this track could help them get there.
"Whether you’re rolling down the windows while driving down the highway, putting on the suntan lotion by the pool or hanging out with friends BBQing, summertime music makes it so much better,” said Peter Szabo, Shazam’s Head of Music. "Shazam's ‘Sounds of Summer’ is powered by our chart data built on our 450-million strong user base. We know this year’s picks will have everyone cranking up their radios!"
Shazam charts are recognized as one of the most accurate predictive measures of future hits. Last year’s Sounds of Summer list forecasted the success of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines", Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and Passenger’s “Let Her Go.” In 2012, Shazam correctly named Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know” and Maroon 5’s “Payphone” as summer smashes.
To date, the top five Shazamed songs for 2014 in the U.S. are:
1) John Legend, “All of Me”
2) Katy Perry, “Dark Horse”
3) Pharrell Williams, “Happy”
4) Jason Derulo, “Talk Dirty”
5) Lorde, “Team”
Shazam Tagging Statistics:
- Shazam has had more than 2.5 billion tags since the new year, an increase of more than 150% since the same time last year
- In the last year, 75% of number ones in the Shazam US New Release Charts go on to reach top ten in the Billboard Hot 100
- The average time between a track reaching No. 1 on the Shazam New Release Chart and Top 10 Billboard is 43 days
Shazam tag charts provide reliable data that lets the industry see which acts and tracks are popular with consumers. For complete US, UK and world charts, visit the Shazam website.
Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps that connects people to the world around them through their mobile device. When a user Shazams a song or TV show, they are able to identify, explore, purchase and share that content. One of the world’s top ten apps, Shazam reaches more than 450 million users in 200 countries, exceeds 90 million monthly active users, and is growing by over 13 million new users each month.
Shazam makes it easy for people to share their discoveries on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Pinterest and Google+. And to purchase through iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for FREE on every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, and other app stores.
The Shazam, Shazam Encore, Shazam for TV names and icons are trademarks of Shazam Entertainment Limited.
Dec. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,311
Dec. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,190
Dec. 6, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,730
Dec. 6, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,237
Dec. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 252
Dec. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 617
Dec. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 193
Dec. 6, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,044
Dec. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,154
Dec. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 408
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,099
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,017
Dec. 6, 2016 12:28 PM EST Reads: 217
Dec. 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,023
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 462