|By Business Wire||
|May 20, 2014 07:23 AM EDT||
The Analysis Division of Tobii Technology (http://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F1eAljTw&esheet=50844471&newsitemid=20140520005937&newsitemid=20140415005737&lan=en-US&anchor=Analysis+Division+of+Tobii+Technology&index=1&md5=572b3916f15358c196863e4a2124ed3f), the leader in eye-tracking research solutions, today announced the launch of Tobii Glasses 2 (http://www.tobiiglasses.com/), the lightest and most advanced wearable eye-tracking research system in the world. Based on a new, proprietary, wearable eye-tracking platform from Tobii that will support research and consumer applications, Tobii Glasses 2 offers unprecedented functionality including wireless live viewing and opens up new opportunities for human behavior research and discoveries in real-world environments.
“Our new Tobii Glasses 2 offers amazing opportunities to obtain real-world gaze data in real time, which provides great value for a wide range of users,” said Tom Englund, president of Tobii Technology Analysis Solutions. “In addition to offering live viewing, we’ve made the technology easier to use and more affordable, which supports our mission to help more researchers use wearable eye tracking to generate new insights and discoveries.”
The Tobii Glasses 2 Eye Tracker is capable of supporting a wide range of research projects and experience levels from first-time eye-tracking users working on one-time studies to researchers experienced in eye tracking needing advanced functionality for comprehensive analytical projects. The applications and uses for wearable eye-tracking research span many industries, including in-store shopper marketing, user experience and psychology.
In 2010, Tobii revolutionized the category of wearable eye-tracking technology by introducing the original Tobii Glasses, a first-of-its-kind wearable eye tracker for research professionals.
“Over the past four years, we have witnessed incredible new discoveries in shopper marketing, behavioral science and usability research that had not been possible before Tobii Glasses,” said Barbara Barclay, general manager of Tobii North America. “Tobii Glasses 2 offers a number of new features that will advance wearables significantly in all these fields but also open up a multitude of new research applications, providing a higher degree of ease of use, efficiency, flexibility and unobtrusiveness.”
Key new features of Tobii Glasses 2 include:
· Live View – Tobii Glasses 2 provides a live viewing feature that allows researchers to watch a video stream of exactly what a person is looking at, wirelessly and in real time on any Windows 8 tablet, while moving around freely in any environment. This feature is very easy to use, even for first-time users, and serves as an extremely valuable tool for a wide variety of qualitative research.
· True View – Tobii Glasses 2 is equipped with a wide-angle 1080p HD scene camera and four eye cameras, all built into a thin frame. This gives the wearer complete freedom of view and enables for the first time high-quality eye tracking of the “true view” of what participants see in large gaze angles, including peripheral sight. This feature, unique to Tobii Glasses 2, makes it possible to conduct studies of activities that naturally involve peripheral viewing, such as driving.
· Flexible Mapping – Tobii Glasses 2 offers a new flexible manual mapping tool that significantly reduces time for coding videos with gaze data. This feature helps researchers more quickly and easily aggregate and process data from multiple participants related to specific objects in the study environment, such as a store shelf or a second screen.
· Light, Unobtrusive Design – At 45 grams in weight, the Tobii Glasses 2 head-unit is by far the lightest in the world and looks and feels almost like a regular pair of sport glasses. These characteristics allow participants to have maximum mobility, be less distracted by the testing process and behave naturally, giving researchers confidence in gaining valid insights. This is especially helpful in testing that involves a lot of physical movement, such as sports research.
· Efficient Workflows – System-guided procedures and quick calibration provide an efficient workflow and make it easy for anyone to start using the system. The system tracks a large cross section of the population, which helps reduce field time and overall research project costs.
Through Tobii’s extensive training programs and the Tobii Insights division, a services unit of Tobii Technology established in 2011, customers who need training or want to outsource any part of their eye-tracking research project can benefit from the global eye-tracking expertise of the Tobii team.
“Eye tracking is a valuable way to deepen our understanding of what is happening at the shelf. The new wireless glasses from Tobii will allow us to watch the shopper in real-time and create a more dynamic environment to observe shopper’s behavior,” said Gill Aitchison, president, Ipsos Marketing, global shopper and retail research company. “At Ipsos, we believe that layering various neuroscience measurements such as eye tracking on top of more conventional research allows us to see the full picture and really drive shopper insights to grow sales.”
Tobii Glasses 2 package options range from Live View packages (USD 14,900/EUR 11,900) to Premium Analytics packages (USD 29,900/EUR 24,900) for the full spectrum of qualitative and quantitative analysis. A 12-month subscription option is also available for the Premium Analytics package (USD 800/EUR 600 per month). Orders can be placed starting today and shipments are expected to begin in October 2014.
Tobii’s new wearable eye-tracking platform will open up possibilities to sync data input from a variety of wearable devices. For software developers or OEMs interested in creating innovative new applications for research, sports, consumer technology, gaming, automotive, medical and a wide array of other industries, Tobii will be making a software development kit available for its new platform.
For more information about Tobii Glasses 2, go to: www.tobiiglasses.com.
Webinars about Tobii Glasses 2 will be held on May 22 and 29. To register, go to: www.tobii.com/GlassesWebinars.
For sales in the U.S., contact +1-888-898-6244 or [email protected].
For sales in Europe, contact +46 8 52 29 50 04 or [email protected].
About Tobii Technology
Tobii Technology is the global leader in eye tracking and gaze interaction. Tobii delivers comprehensive, market-leading eye-tracking solutions and OEM components for applications such as computers, gaming and vehicles. Tobii has accelerated the development of gaze interaction in personal computing, transformed research in many fields and enabled communication for thousands of people with special needs. Founded in 2001, Tobii continues to achieve rapid annual growth and receive awards and recognition for its accomplishments. Based in Sweden, Tobii has a global presence with offices in the U.S., China and Norway, as well as a worldwide network of resellers and partners. For more information, visit www.tobii.com.
About Tobii Technology Analysis Solutions
Tobii Technology is the global market leader in eye tracking. The Analysis Division of Tobii Technology offers products and services for the scientific community, market research and usability studies. Tobii eye-tracking systems enable researchers and designers to efficiently obtain valid and reliable research results because Tobii’s products are easy to use, unobtrusive, and highly accurate and precise. Eye tracking is used to answer an endless array of research questions in fields ranging from psychology, infant and reading research to neuroscience and vision research. In usability studies and market research, eye tracking provides unique methods to evaluate how users and consumers experience and perceive different media and communication messages. More information is available at www.tobii.com/analysis.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
Dec. 3, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,459
Dec. 3, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 4,847
Dec. 3, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,566
Dec. 3, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 3,215
Dec. 3, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 452
Dec. 3, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 771
Dec. 3, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 657
Dec. 3, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 494
Dec. 3, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 687
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 6,949
Dec. 3, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 456
Dec. 3, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,473
Dec. 3, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,121
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 612
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 302