|By Marketwired .||
|May 20, 2014 10:49 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/20/14 -- Students enrolled in the Juris Doctor (JD) program at Golden Gate University's (GGU) School of Law recently earned several prestigious accolades. Classes for the JD degree are taught by GGU's exceptional full-time faculty, representing expertise in high-demand and high-need areas such as litigation, environmental law, and public interest.
This year's awards include:
- Winning the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association Mock Trial Competition against area rivals for the second consecutive year.
- Winning the American Bar Association (ABA) Labor & Employment Section Regional Mock Trial and qualifying to compete in a National ABA Labor Competition for the second consecutive year.
- Advancing to the semi-finals in the ABA Labor & Employment Section National Mock Trial competition for the first time in the school's history.
- Earning second place (out of 22 top schools), being narrowly edged out in the finals by Northwestern in a national mock trial competition hosted by California Attorneys for Criminal Justice -- moving up from a third-place finish in 2013.
- Advancing to the top four (out of 20 top national schools) and earning an automatic return invitation to the national Capitol City Challenge Mock Trial Competition hosted by American University, after advancing to the quarterfinals as the No. 1 seed in 2013.
- Advancing to the top four (out of 20 competition winners and other top advocacy programs), and being only narrowly defeated by Harvard Law in the semifinals in the National ABA Criminal Justice Section Mock Trial Competition hosted by John Marshall Law School.
- Earning an extraordinary invitation to compete next year in the 25th-year Anniversary Champions Circle of the National ABA Criminal Justice Section Mock Trial Competition. This marks the third time in the last five years (2010, 2012 and 2014) that GGU returned to the coveted top four in this national championship.
About Golden Gate University School of Law (GGU Law)
GGU Law offers law programs that blend practical skills training with legal theory to prepare students to be critical thinkers, problem solvers and leaders, with the flexibility to respond to changes in the legal profession. Founded in 1901, GGU's Law School is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and American Association of Law Schools (AALS).
About Golden Gate University
GGU, a private nonprofit, has been helping adults achieve their professional goals by providing undergraduate and graduate education in accounting, law, taxation, business and related areas for more than 113 years. GGU is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
415 456 4131
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,925
Oct. 22, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,612
Oct. 22, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 910
Oct. 22, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,045
Oct. 22, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 642
Oct. 22, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 9,653
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,252
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,253
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,894
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 853
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,004
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,470
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 690
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,786