|By Business Wire||
|May 21, 2014 10:59 AM EDT||
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) today announced the results of its 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, which was held this morning at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia.
- Election of Directors: Shareholders elected all nominees to Comcast’s Board of Directors for one-year terms. Comcast’s Board has 12 directors, nine of whom are independent.
- Ratification of the Appointment of our Independent Auditors: Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP to serve as independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014.
- Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers.
- To Prepare an Annual Report on Lobbying Activities: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
- To Prohibit Accelerated Vesting Upon a Change in Control: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
- To Conduct an Electioneering and Lobbying Study: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
About Comcast Corporation:
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates 30 news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
Oct. 13, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 122
Oct. 13, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 253
Oct. 13, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 116
Oct. 13, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 225
Oct. 13, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 202
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 728
Oct. 13, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 257
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 327
Oct. 13, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 198
Oct. 13, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 358
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,342
Oct. 13, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 297
Oct. 13, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 229
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 342
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, will explore HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Oct. 13, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 260