|By Business Wire||
|May 21, 2014 10:59 AM EDT||
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) today announced the results of its 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, which was held this morning at The Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia.
- Election of Directors: Shareholders elected all nominees to Comcast’s Board of Directors for one-year terms. Comcast’s Board has 12 directors, nine of whom are independent.
- Ratification of the Appointment of our Independent Auditors: Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP to serve as independent auditors for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014.
- Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers.
- To Prepare an Annual Report on Lobbying Activities: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
- To Prohibit Accelerated Vesting Upon a Change in Control: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
- To Conduct an Electioneering and Lobbying Study: Shareholders defeated this proposal.
About Comcast Corporation:
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates 30 news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,910
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,670
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 316
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 778
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 298
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,266
Dec. 7, 2016 03:48 PM EST Reads: 201
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,245
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,768
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,308
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 939
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 7, 2016 02:24 PM EST Reads: 281
"Coalfire is a cyber-risk, security and compliance assessment and advisory services firm. We do a lot of work with the cloud service provider community," explained Ryan McGowan, Vice President, Sales (West) at Coalfire Systems, Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 952
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,193
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,110