|By Business Wire||
|May 21, 2014 03:53 PM EDT||
SiriusDecisions, the leading global business-to-business (b-to-b) research and advisory firm, unveiled its Inaugural “B-to-B Confidence Index Study” on the state of b-to-b growth at its ninth annual SiriusDecisions Summit, taking place May 21-23, at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando, FL. The industry-first study examines the growth strategies of 300 b-to-b organizations and their confidence in achieving growth through the five growth pillars of SiriusDecisions “Intelligent Growth Model”: Markets, Buyers, Offerings, Acquisition and Productivity.
SiriusDecisions’ research indicated that a vast majority of b-to-b organizations are preparing for growth. Key findings included:
- Over 90 percent of b-to-b organizations are expecting to grow this year and 77 percent expressed optimism with the economic forecast.
- More than 60 percent of b-to-b companies expect to grow by 20 percent or more.
- 97 percent of $500m+ b-to-b companies are confident or very confident that they are moving out of the productivity era and into an area of business optimism with a keen focus on growth, and 92 percent of companies with less than $500m in revenue feel the same.
SiriusDecisions’ research also revealed that businesses must not only understand the implications of growth choices on a broad variety of sales, marketing and product-related functions, but also be aware of what happens when an organization’s revenue-producing functions are unable to support strategic growth. For example, SiriusDecisions found that most organizations are too focused on adding new skills and technology and often do so at the expense of preparing critical pieces of the organization for better alignment and change management.
SiriusDecisions’ research also indicated what b-to-b companies believe to be the key success factors for achieving growth within each of the 5 key growth pillars of SiriusDecisions’ Intelligent Growth model, and where they believe the greatest growth opportunities lie in 2014. For example:
- The top three requirements for being successful in a new market are: sales enablement, product innovation, and understanding the buyer’s journey.
- The three core drivers and opportunities for growth, as indicated by respondents, are Energy, Technology and China.
- “Our ‘B-to-B Confidence Index Study’ showed that while every organization desires growth, determining the best path presents challenges and opportunities to be carefully considered,” said John Neeson, Managing Director of SiriusDecisions. “The most crucial component to enable growth is the alignment of marketing, sales and product organizations. The good news is that there is global optimism and innovation that will drive growth. However, organizations will need to overcome several challenges in the years ahead, including a looming war for talent, rising investment scarcity and disparate growth strategies failing.”
- For more information on SiriusDecisions’ annual Summit, including its sessions and agenda, click here.
- Learn more about SiriusDecisions signature models and frameworks.
- Connect with SiriusDecisions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
SiriusDecisions, Summit 2014, B-to-B Confidence Index, Intelligent Growth, Marketing, Sales, Product Integration, Leadership, Innovation, B-to-B Growth, Markets, Buyers, Offerings, Acquisition, Productivity, Revenue
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance.
For more information, visit www.siriusdecisions.com.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,315
Jul. 28, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,360
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,278
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,317
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,590
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,637
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,621
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,798
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
Jul. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,403
Jul. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
Jul. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,110
Jul. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 857
Jul. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,628
Jul. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,250