|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:30 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 -- Addressing customers' needs to combat zero-day attacks and advanced persistent threats (APTs), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today broadened its Advanced Malware Protection and data center security offerings. These innovations, spanning the Cisco security portfolio, protect against threats across the full attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack. The innovation to both portfolios, along with today's acquisition of ThreatGRID, further supports Cisco's strategy to deliver intelligent cybersecurity for the real world.
The newest updates to Cisco® Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) make it the first solution to correlate Indications of Compromise (IoC) data between network and endpoint, with integrated threat defense and shared intelligence -- providing customers with continuous and pervasive protection against the most advanced threats. AMP also now features Mac OSX support and a private cloud appliance, an on-premises solution that delivers continuous analysis. ThreatGRID's technology, with its dynamic analysis capabilities both on-premises and in the cloud, complements AMP and allows enhanced aggregation and correlation of data for advanced threat intelligence across the extended network and across Cisco security solutions and services.
"Every day, we are faced with new threats that are becoming more and more innovative in the ways they infiltrate and attack our environment," said Dan Polly, vice president, enterprise information security, First Financial Bank. "With AMP, Cisco is enabling us to take a much more mature approach to our advanced threat protection efforts."
Cisco is also increasing data center and cloud protection with enhancements to its market-leading ASA firewall family, offering superior performance, scalability and flexibility. These enhancements support advances in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments.
"Faced with advanced threats that have the ability to disrupt businesses before most tools even take notice, companies today require complete solutions that continuously detect and stop the most sophisticated attacks," said Christopher Young, senior vice president, security business group, Cisco. "With these threats infiltrating environments at the endpoint, in the data center and through the cloud, Cisco's mission is to provide solutions that move beyond point-in-time threat response to deliver anytime, all-the-time threat-centric protection."
Continuous and Pervasive Advanced Malware Protection "Everywhere"
Bridging the gap between network and endpoint protection, AMP was recently named one of the top solutions in an NSS Labs Security Value Map for Breach Detection Systems -- outpacing other vendor solutions in protection and cost-effectiveness. Unlike other solutions that simply detect malware at a point-in-time, AMP delivers unrelenting, continuous detection and response capabilities across the extended network, including endpoints, mobile devices, virtual systems and Web and e-mail gateways.
"AMP allows us to go beyond point-in-time protection and take a continuous approach to identifying and stopping attacks, which is critical to not only our security efforts but to our overall operations," stated Brad Stroeh, senior network security engineer at First Financial Bank.
New capabilities in the AMP product portfolio include:
- AMP for Endpoints -- Delivering advanced analytics and correlation enhancements, AMP accelerates investigation of Indications of Compromise and file behavior, and prioritizes the top areas of a compromise that require the greatest attention. New Elastic Search enables users to quickly hunt down the scope of attack, while Remote File Analysis furthers the solution's retrospective security capabilities with the ability to retrieve and store files for later scoring and analysis. Cisco is also extending AMP for Endpoints to Mac OS X, enabling organizations to protect their entire heterogeneous environments.
- AMP Private Cloud Appliance -- For customers with high privacy requirements that restrict using a public cloud, the new on-premises AMP Private Cloud Appliance delivers comprehensive advanced malware protection using big data analytics, continuous analysis, and security intelligence stored locally.
- AMP for Networks -- High performance networks and requirements to accelerate time-to-detection are driving the need for optimized advanced malware protection on the network. New multi-source Indications of Compromise capabilities correlate and prioritize events across a variety of solutions for enhanced intelligence, while automatic Dynamic Analysis utilizes a cloud-based sandbox to evaluate files with an unknown disposition to provide increased protection against unknown threats. Users can also create custom detections to immediately block files, while the new File Capture feature allows teams to store and retrieve files for further analysis.
- New AMP FirePOWER Appliances -- For customers who need enhanced processing and storage, Cisco is now delivering two new dedicated AMP for Networks appliances: the FirePOWER AMP8150 with up to 2 Gbps of performance and the FirePOWER AMP7150 with up to 500 Mbps of performance.
Control without Compromise through Superior Data Center Protection
Increasing data center and cloud protection to support the advances being made in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments, Cisco is delivering superior performance, scalability and flexibility with its ASAv and updated ASA 5585-X firewalls. Both are designed to provide critical protection without compromising data center performance. The ASA solutions provision in hours or minutes, feature elastic scalability to eliminate security bottlenecks, and weave security into the intelligent data center fabric, not just at the edge. Cisco is also releasing a new version of its Secure Data Center Cisco Validated Design (CVD), which significantly simplifies the secure deployment of new solutions.
"The integration of the Border Gateway Protocol and Change of Authorization are huge additions with the new 9.2.1 platform for our Cisco ASA 5585-X Next-Generation Firewalls," said Kyle Ross, senior solution architect, CompuCom. "These features enable simplified configurations that produce both time and cost-savings benefits that we can provide to our clients. We're very excited to see where the Cisco portfolio is going with a complete end-to-end solution. We believe Security should be part of every discussion we have with our clients, and this new platform is key to that."
- New ASAv -- A virtual appliance seamlessly integrating into the data center architecture, the ASAv helps ensure that security is never more than one hop away from critical applications featuring dynamic, on-demand scalability within virtual environments, with ACI integration, without hypervisor or vSwitch limitations. Additionally, ASAv offers industry leading performance marks in the area of throughput and connections per second.
- Enhanced ASA 5585-X Firewall -- Extremely high performance for traditional, SDN and ACI data center environments, along with superior scalability across both connections per second AND total connections, delivering up to 640 Gbps in a 16- node clustered configuration. This makes it one of the fastest physical firewall solutions on the market. It also offers unique deployment flexibility by integrating both virtual and physical security infrastructures into a single policy and management domain.
- Cisco Secure Data Center CVD -- Outlining best practices for planning, designing, implementing and operating fully-integrated highly secure data center architecture and encompassing Cisco, Sourcefire and Cisco ecosystem partner solutions, CVD helps users expand visibility and control across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Listen live to Security Business Group SVP Chris Young's and Security Services SVP Bryan Palma's keynote on "A New Security Model for an IoE World" on Wednesday, May 21st at 1:30 p.m. Learn more about the event, add it to your calendar, and join live.
- The keynote and replay will be available via Cisco's Security Community Virtual Experience: www.cisco.com/go/securityvirtualexperience for those that are not able to join in person.
- Join the security conversation on Twitter by following @CiscoSecurity. You can like Cisco Security on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ciscosecurity.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Cisco Managed Threat Defense
- To learn more about how Cisco is closing the security talent gap, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/securitycertifications
- Learn more about financing for Cisco security technologies with Cisco Capital.
- Read the Cisco Security Blog
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco, and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,141
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,952
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,796
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 699
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 7,117
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,333
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 876
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,051
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 6, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,668
"Coalfire is a cyber-risk, security and compliance assessment and advisory services firm. We do a lot of work with the cloud service provider community," explained Ryan McGowan, Vice President, Sales (West) at Coalfire Systems, Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 895
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 2,084
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 901
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 727
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,832
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 831