|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:30 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 -- Addressing customers' needs to combat zero-day attacks and advanced persistent threats (APTs), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today broadened its Advanced Malware Protection and data center security offerings. These innovations, spanning the Cisco security portfolio, protect against threats across the full attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack. The innovation to both portfolios, along with today's acquisition of ThreatGRID, further supports Cisco's strategy to deliver intelligent cybersecurity for the real world.
The newest updates to Cisco® Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) make it the first solution to correlate Indications of Compromise (IoC) data between network and endpoint, with integrated threat defense and shared intelligence -- providing customers with continuous and pervasive protection against the most advanced threats. AMP also now features Mac OSX support and a private cloud appliance, an on-premises solution that delivers continuous analysis. ThreatGRID's technology, with its dynamic analysis capabilities both on-premises and in the cloud, complements AMP and allows enhanced aggregation and correlation of data for advanced threat intelligence across the extended network and across Cisco security solutions and services.
"Every day, we are faced with new threats that are becoming more and more innovative in the ways they infiltrate and attack our environment," said Dan Polly, vice president, enterprise information security, First Financial Bank. "With AMP, Cisco is enabling us to take a much more mature approach to our advanced threat protection efforts."
Cisco is also increasing data center and cloud protection with enhancements to its market-leading ASA firewall family, offering superior performance, scalability and flexibility. These enhancements support advances in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments.
"Faced with advanced threats that have the ability to disrupt businesses before most tools even take notice, companies today require complete solutions that continuously detect and stop the most sophisticated attacks," said Christopher Young, senior vice president, security business group, Cisco. "With these threats infiltrating environments at the endpoint, in the data center and through the cloud, Cisco's mission is to provide solutions that move beyond point-in-time threat response to deliver anytime, all-the-time threat-centric protection."
Continuous and Pervasive Advanced Malware Protection "Everywhere"
Bridging the gap between network and endpoint protection, AMP was recently named one of the top solutions in an NSS Labs Security Value Map for Breach Detection Systems -- outpacing other vendor solutions in protection and cost-effectiveness. Unlike other solutions that simply detect malware at a point-in-time, AMP delivers unrelenting, continuous detection and response capabilities across the extended network, including endpoints, mobile devices, virtual systems and Web and e-mail gateways.
"AMP allows us to go beyond point-in-time protection and take a continuous approach to identifying and stopping attacks, which is critical to not only our security efforts but to our overall operations," stated Brad Stroeh, senior network security engineer at First Financial Bank.
New capabilities in the AMP product portfolio include:
- AMP for Endpoints -- Delivering advanced analytics and correlation enhancements, AMP accelerates investigation of Indications of Compromise and file behavior, and prioritizes the top areas of a compromise that require the greatest attention. New Elastic Search enables users to quickly hunt down the scope of attack, while Remote File Analysis furthers the solution's retrospective security capabilities with the ability to retrieve and store files for later scoring and analysis. Cisco is also extending AMP for Endpoints to Mac OS X, enabling organizations to protect their entire heterogeneous environments.
- AMP Private Cloud Appliance -- For customers with high privacy requirements that restrict using a public cloud, the new on-premises AMP Private Cloud Appliance delivers comprehensive advanced malware protection using big data analytics, continuous analysis, and security intelligence stored locally.
- AMP for Networks -- High performance networks and requirements to accelerate time-to-detection are driving the need for optimized advanced malware protection on the network. New multi-source Indications of Compromise capabilities correlate and prioritize events across a variety of solutions for enhanced intelligence, while automatic Dynamic Analysis utilizes a cloud-based sandbox to evaluate files with an unknown disposition to provide increased protection against unknown threats. Users can also create custom detections to immediately block files, while the new File Capture feature allows teams to store and retrieve files for further analysis.
- New AMP FirePOWER Appliances -- For customers who need enhanced processing and storage, Cisco is now delivering two new dedicated AMP for Networks appliances: the FirePOWER AMP8150 with up to 2 Gbps of performance and the FirePOWER AMP7150 with up to 500 Mbps of performance.
Control without Compromise through Superior Data Center Protection
Increasing data center and cloud protection to support the advances being made in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments, Cisco is delivering superior performance, scalability and flexibility with its ASAv and updated ASA 5585-X firewalls. Both are designed to provide critical protection without compromising data center performance. The ASA solutions provision in hours or minutes, feature elastic scalability to eliminate security bottlenecks, and weave security into the intelligent data center fabric, not just at the edge. Cisco is also releasing a new version of its Secure Data Center Cisco Validated Design (CVD), which significantly simplifies the secure deployment of new solutions.
"The integration of the Border Gateway Protocol and Change of Authorization are huge additions with the new 9.2.1 platform for our Cisco ASA 5585-X Next-Generation Firewalls," said Kyle Ross, senior solution architect, CompuCom. "These features enable simplified configurations that produce both time and cost-savings benefits that we can provide to our clients. We're very excited to see where the Cisco portfolio is going with a complete end-to-end solution. We believe Security should be part of every discussion we have with our clients, and this new platform is key to that."
- New ASAv -- A virtual appliance seamlessly integrating into the data center architecture, the ASAv helps ensure that security is never more than one hop away from critical applications featuring dynamic, on-demand scalability within virtual environments, with ACI integration, without hypervisor or vSwitch limitations. Additionally, ASAv offers industry leading performance marks in the area of throughput and connections per second.
- Enhanced ASA 5585-X Firewall -- Extremely high performance for traditional, SDN and ACI data center environments, along with superior scalability across both connections per second AND total connections, delivering up to 640 Gbps in a 16- node clustered configuration. This makes it one of the fastest physical firewall solutions on the market. It also offers unique deployment flexibility by integrating both virtual and physical security infrastructures into a single policy and management domain.
- Cisco Secure Data Center CVD -- Outlining best practices for planning, designing, implementing and operating fully-integrated highly secure data center architecture and encompassing Cisco, Sourcefire and Cisco ecosystem partner solutions, CVD helps users expand visibility and control across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Listen live to Security Business Group SVP Chris Young's and Security Services SVP Bryan Palma's keynote on "A New Security Model for an IoE World" on Wednesday, May 21st at 1:30 p.m. Learn more about the event, add it to your calendar, and join live.
- The keynote and replay will be available via Cisco's Security Community Virtual Experience: www.cisco.com/go/securityvirtualexperience for those that are not able to join in person.
- Join the security conversation on Twitter by following @CiscoSecurity. You can like Cisco Security on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ciscosecurity.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Cisco Managed Threat Defense
- To learn more about how Cisco is closing the security talent gap, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/securitycertifications
- Learn more about financing for Cisco security technologies with Cisco Capital.
- Read the Cisco Security Blog
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco, and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 816
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 940
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,017
SYS-CON Events announced today that Adobe has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of co...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,741
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 622
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 856
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:20 PM EDT Reads: 184
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,058
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,225
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 30, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 792
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 401
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,070
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 884
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Aug. 30, 2016 09:08 AM EDT Reads: 278
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 916