|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:30 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 -- Addressing customers' needs to combat zero-day attacks and advanced persistent threats (APTs), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today broadened its Advanced Malware Protection and data center security offerings. These innovations, spanning the Cisco security portfolio, protect against threats across the full attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack. The innovation to both portfolios, along with today's acquisition of ThreatGRID, further supports Cisco's strategy to deliver intelligent cybersecurity for the real world.
The newest updates to Cisco® Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) make it the first solution to correlate Indications of Compromise (IoC) data between network and endpoint, with integrated threat defense and shared intelligence -- providing customers with continuous and pervasive protection against the most advanced threats. AMP also now features Mac OSX support and a private cloud appliance, an on-premises solution that delivers continuous analysis. ThreatGRID's technology, with its dynamic analysis capabilities both on-premises and in the cloud, complements AMP and allows enhanced aggregation and correlation of data for advanced threat intelligence across the extended network and across Cisco security solutions and services.
"Every day, we are faced with new threats that are becoming more and more innovative in the ways they infiltrate and attack our environment," said Dan Polly, vice president, enterprise information security, First Financial Bank. "With AMP, Cisco is enabling us to take a much more mature approach to our advanced threat protection efforts."
Cisco is also increasing data center and cloud protection with enhancements to its market-leading ASA firewall family, offering superior performance, scalability and flexibility. These enhancements support advances in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments.
"Faced with advanced threats that have the ability to disrupt businesses before most tools even take notice, companies today require complete solutions that continuously detect and stop the most sophisticated attacks," said Christopher Young, senior vice president, security business group, Cisco. "With these threats infiltrating environments at the endpoint, in the data center and through the cloud, Cisco's mission is to provide solutions that move beyond point-in-time threat response to deliver anytime, all-the-time threat-centric protection."
Continuous and Pervasive Advanced Malware Protection "Everywhere"
Bridging the gap between network and endpoint protection, AMP was recently named one of the top solutions in an NSS Labs Security Value Map for Breach Detection Systems -- outpacing other vendor solutions in protection and cost-effectiveness. Unlike other solutions that simply detect malware at a point-in-time, AMP delivers unrelenting, continuous detection and response capabilities across the extended network, including endpoints, mobile devices, virtual systems and Web and e-mail gateways.
"AMP allows us to go beyond point-in-time protection and take a continuous approach to identifying and stopping attacks, which is critical to not only our security efforts but to our overall operations," stated Brad Stroeh, senior network security engineer at First Financial Bank.
New capabilities in the AMP product portfolio include:
- AMP for Endpoints -- Delivering advanced analytics and correlation enhancements, AMP accelerates investigation of Indications of Compromise and file behavior, and prioritizes the top areas of a compromise that require the greatest attention. New Elastic Search enables users to quickly hunt down the scope of attack, while Remote File Analysis furthers the solution's retrospective security capabilities with the ability to retrieve and store files for later scoring and analysis. Cisco is also extending AMP for Endpoints to Mac OS X, enabling organizations to protect their entire heterogeneous environments.
- AMP Private Cloud Appliance -- For customers with high privacy requirements that restrict using a public cloud, the new on-premises AMP Private Cloud Appliance delivers comprehensive advanced malware protection using big data analytics, continuous analysis, and security intelligence stored locally.
- AMP for Networks -- High performance networks and requirements to accelerate time-to-detection are driving the need for optimized advanced malware protection on the network. New multi-source Indications of Compromise capabilities correlate and prioritize events across a variety of solutions for enhanced intelligence, while automatic Dynamic Analysis utilizes a cloud-based sandbox to evaluate files with an unknown disposition to provide increased protection against unknown threats. Users can also create custom detections to immediately block files, while the new File Capture feature allows teams to store and retrieve files for further analysis.
- New AMP FirePOWER Appliances -- For customers who need enhanced processing and storage, Cisco is now delivering two new dedicated AMP for Networks appliances: the FirePOWER AMP8150 with up to 2 Gbps of performance and the FirePOWER AMP7150 with up to 500 Mbps of performance.
Control without Compromise through Superior Data Center Protection
Increasing data center and cloud protection to support the advances being made in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments, Cisco is delivering superior performance, scalability and flexibility with its ASAv and updated ASA 5585-X firewalls. Both are designed to provide critical protection without compromising data center performance. The ASA solutions provision in hours or minutes, feature elastic scalability to eliminate security bottlenecks, and weave security into the intelligent data center fabric, not just at the edge. Cisco is also releasing a new version of its Secure Data Center Cisco Validated Design (CVD), which significantly simplifies the secure deployment of new solutions.
"The integration of the Border Gateway Protocol and Change of Authorization are huge additions with the new 9.2.1 platform for our Cisco ASA 5585-X Next-Generation Firewalls," said Kyle Ross, senior solution architect, CompuCom. "These features enable simplified configurations that produce both time and cost-savings benefits that we can provide to our clients. We're very excited to see where the Cisco portfolio is going with a complete end-to-end solution. We believe Security should be part of every discussion we have with our clients, and this new platform is key to that."
- New ASAv -- A virtual appliance seamlessly integrating into the data center architecture, the ASAv helps ensure that security is never more than one hop away from critical applications featuring dynamic, on-demand scalability within virtual environments, with ACI integration, without hypervisor or vSwitch limitations. Additionally, ASAv offers industry leading performance marks in the area of throughput and connections per second.
- Enhanced ASA 5585-X Firewall -- Extremely high performance for traditional, SDN and ACI data center environments, along with superior scalability across both connections per second AND total connections, delivering up to 640 Gbps in a 16- node clustered configuration. This makes it one of the fastest physical firewall solutions on the market. It also offers unique deployment flexibility by integrating both virtual and physical security infrastructures into a single policy and management domain.
- Cisco Secure Data Center CVD -- Outlining best practices for planning, designing, implementing and operating fully-integrated highly secure data center architecture and encompassing Cisco, Sourcefire and Cisco ecosystem partner solutions, CVD helps users expand visibility and control across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Listen live to Security Business Group SVP Chris Young's and Security Services SVP Bryan Palma's keynote on "A New Security Model for an IoE World" on Wednesday, May 21st at 1:30 p.m. Learn more about the event, add it to your calendar, and join live.
- The keynote and replay will be available via Cisco's Security Community Virtual Experience: www.cisco.com/go/securityvirtualexperience for those that are not able to join in person.
- Join the security conversation on Twitter by following @CiscoSecurity. You can like Cisco Security on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ciscosecurity.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Cisco Managed Threat Defense
- To learn more about how Cisco is closing the security talent gap, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/securitycertifications
- Learn more about financing for Cisco security technologies with Cisco Capital.
- Read the Cisco Security Blog
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco, and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,827
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,639
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,561
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,425
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 583
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,239
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,869
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,208
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,735
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,256
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,342
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,318