|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:30 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 -- Addressing customers' needs to combat zero-day attacks and advanced persistent threats (APTs), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today broadened its Advanced Malware Protection and data center security offerings. These innovations, spanning the Cisco security portfolio, protect against threats across the full attack continuum -- before, during, and after an attack. The innovation to both portfolios, along with today's acquisition of ThreatGRID, further supports Cisco's strategy to deliver intelligent cybersecurity for the real world.
The newest updates to Cisco® Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) make it the first solution to correlate Indications of Compromise (IoC) data between network and endpoint, with integrated threat defense and shared intelligence -- providing customers with continuous and pervasive protection against the most advanced threats. AMP also now features Mac OSX support and a private cloud appliance, an on-premises solution that delivers continuous analysis. ThreatGRID's technology, with its dynamic analysis capabilities both on-premises and in the cloud, complements AMP and allows enhanced aggregation and correlation of data for advanced threat intelligence across the extended network and across Cisco security solutions and services.
"Every day, we are faced with new threats that are becoming more and more innovative in the ways they infiltrate and attack our environment," said Dan Polly, vice president, enterprise information security, First Financial Bank. "With AMP, Cisco is enabling us to take a much more mature approach to our advanced threat protection efforts."
Cisco is also increasing data center and cloud protection with enhancements to its market-leading ASA firewall family, offering superior performance, scalability and flexibility. These enhancements support advances in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments.
"Faced with advanced threats that have the ability to disrupt businesses before most tools even take notice, companies today require complete solutions that continuously detect and stop the most sophisticated attacks," said Christopher Young, senior vice president, security business group, Cisco. "With these threats infiltrating environments at the endpoint, in the data center and through the cloud, Cisco's mission is to provide solutions that move beyond point-in-time threat response to deliver anytime, all-the-time threat-centric protection."
Continuous and Pervasive Advanced Malware Protection "Everywhere"
Bridging the gap between network and endpoint protection, AMP was recently named one of the top solutions in an NSS Labs Security Value Map for Breach Detection Systems -- outpacing other vendor solutions in protection and cost-effectiveness. Unlike other solutions that simply detect malware at a point-in-time, AMP delivers unrelenting, continuous detection and response capabilities across the extended network, including endpoints, mobile devices, virtual systems and Web and e-mail gateways.
"AMP allows us to go beyond point-in-time protection and take a continuous approach to identifying and stopping attacks, which is critical to not only our security efforts but to our overall operations," stated Brad Stroeh, senior network security engineer at First Financial Bank.
New capabilities in the AMP product portfolio include:
- AMP for Endpoints -- Delivering advanced analytics and correlation enhancements, AMP accelerates investigation of Indications of Compromise and file behavior, and prioritizes the top areas of a compromise that require the greatest attention. New Elastic Search enables users to quickly hunt down the scope of attack, while Remote File Analysis furthers the solution's retrospective security capabilities with the ability to retrieve and store files for later scoring and analysis. Cisco is also extending AMP for Endpoints to Mac OS X, enabling organizations to protect their entire heterogeneous environments.
- AMP Private Cloud Appliance -- For customers with high privacy requirements that restrict using a public cloud, the new on-premises AMP Private Cloud Appliance delivers comprehensive advanced malware protection using big data analytics, continuous analysis, and security intelligence stored locally.
- AMP for Networks -- High performance networks and requirements to accelerate time-to-detection are driving the need for optimized advanced malware protection on the network. New multi-source Indications of Compromise capabilities correlate and prioritize events across a variety of solutions for enhanced intelligence, while automatic Dynamic Analysis utilizes a cloud-based sandbox to evaluate files with an unknown disposition to provide increased protection against unknown threats. Users can also create custom detections to immediately block files, while the new File Capture feature allows teams to store and retrieve files for further analysis.
- New AMP FirePOWER Appliances -- For customers who need enhanced processing and storage, Cisco is now delivering two new dedicated AMP for Networks appliances: the FirePOWER AMP8150 with up to 2 Gbps of performance and the FirePOWER AMP7150 with up to 500 Mbps of performance.
Control without Compromise through Superior Data Center Protection
Increasing data center and cloud protection to support the advances being made in software-defined networking (SDN) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments, Cisco is delivering superior performance, scalability and flexibility with its ASAv and updated ASA 5585-X firewalls. Both are designed to provide critical protection without compromising data center performance. The ASA solutions provision in hours or minutes, feature elastic scalability to eliminate security bottlenecks, and weave security into the intelligent data center fabric, not just at the edge. Cisco is also releasing a new version of its Secure Data Center Cisco Validated Design (CVD), which significantly simplifies the secure deployment of new solutions.
"The integration of the Border Gateway Protocol and Change of Authorization are huge additions with the new 9.2.1 platform for our Cisco ASA 5585-X Next-Generation Firewalls," said Kyle Ross, senior solution architect, CompuCom. "These features enable simplified configurations that produce both time and cost-savings benefits that we can provide to our clients. We're very excited to see where the Cisco portfolio is going with a complete end-to-end solution. We believe Security should be part of every discussion we have with our clients, and this new platform is key to that."
- New ASAv -- A virtual appliance seamlessly integrating into the data center architecture, the ASAv helps ensure that security is never more than one hop away from critical applications featuring dynamic, on-demand scalability within virtual environments, with ACI integration, without hypervisor or vSwitch limitations. Additionally, ASAv offers industry leading performance marks in the area of throughput and connections per second.
- Enhanced ASA 5585-X Firewall -- Extremely high performance for traditional, SDN and ACI data center environments, along with superior scalability across both connections per second AND total connections, delivering up to 640 Gbps in a 16- node clustered configuration. This makes it one of the fastest physical firewall solutions on the market. It also offers unique deployment flexibility by integrating both virtual and physical security infrastructures into a single policy and management domain.
- Cisco Secure Data Center CVD -- Outlining best practices for planning, designing, implementing and operating fully-integrated highly secure data center architecture and encompassing Cisco, Sourcefire and Cisco ecosystem partner solutions, CVD helps users expand visibility and control across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Listen live to Security Business Group SVP Chris Young's and Security Services SVP Bryan Palma's keynote on "A New Security Model for an IoE World" on Wednesday, May 21st at 1:30 p.m. Learn more about the event, add it to your calendar, and join live.
- The keynote and replay will be available via Cisco's Security Community Virtual Experience: www.cisco.com/go/securityvirtualexperience for those that are not able to join in person.
- Join the security conversation on Twitter by following @CiscoSecurity. You can like Cisco Security on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ciscosecurity.
- Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Cisco Managed Threat Defense
- To learn more about how Cisco is closing the security talent gap, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/securitycertifications
- Learn more about financing for Cisco security technologies with Cisco Capital.
- Read the Cisco Security Blog
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco, and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 849
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sudarshan Krishnamurthi, a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, at Cisco Systems, will discuss how IT and operational technology (OT) work together, as opposed to being in separate siloes as once was traditional. Attendees will learn how to fully leverage the power of IoT in their organization by bringing the two sides together and bridging the communication gap. He will also look at what good leadership must entail in order to accomplish this, and how IT managers ca...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,021
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Mike Johnston, an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io, will discuss how to use Kubernetes to setup a SaaS infrastructure for your business. Mike Johnston is an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io with over 12 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server and workstation infrastructure at all scales. He has experience with brick and mortar data centers as well as cloud providers like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace....
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,053
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 877
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 863
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Feb. 19, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 4,768
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 664
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 19, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 970
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 19, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 590
Column Technologies exhibited at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principals and help our customers meet today’s DevOps and Dig...
Feb. 19, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 706
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 941
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 747
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 833
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,584
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 19, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 1,642