|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:36 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 --
1. Check out LegoLand or SeaWorld's Aquatica Water Park, two fun theme parks that are sure to be celebrating Memorial Day throughout the weekend. Check the weather and get planning soon, as it is already looking like it's going to be a gorgeous season ahead of us!
2. Want to party hard with drinks and crazy friends? On Sunday, hop on board the Pier Pressure Mega Yacht Party aboard The Inspiration Yacht. Get there by 3:30 p.m. to not miss your ride!
3. There are few things more American than exploring your local culture. Book a cruise with San Diego Harbor Excursions to spend the day outdoors. You'll love the views, since San Diego is on the shore of some of the world's most gorgeous waters. You can either take a cruise around the harbor or ask for a whale watching expedition.
4. Drinks and dining are abundant at the San Diego Memorial Day PubCrawl on Saturday, March 24th, starting at 2 p.m. Head to Taste and Thirst to get things off to a great, fun start.
5. Even if you're from San Diego, you may have never been to Birch Aquarium before. Located right on the Pacific Ocean, Birch Aquarium has a fabulous collection of marine creatures and habitats from all around the world. Bring the kids along to learn about coral reefs, get up close and personal with gorgeous starfish and check out the seahorse nursery. Feeling brave? There's even an enormous shark reef!
6. Know a veteran who you want to honor? At Balboa Park, listen to the "Reading of the Names" outdoors from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Vietnam Veterans of America, the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center and San Diego Chapter 472 will all be on hand and a candlelight vigil will follow at 7 p.m.
7. There will be a Memorial Day service held at Greenwood Memorial Park on Monday at 1:30 p.m. The park is located at 4300 Imperial Avenue. This event is in partnership with the American Legion San Diego Post 6 and it will honor the people who died in military service. Marine Lt. Col. Brian Josten will be the guest speaker. This event is free to the public.
8. Join the Memorial Holiday Chauffeured Winery Tour, put on by San Diego Beer and Wine Tours. What's better than drinks (possibly followed by dining) on a holiday weekend?
9. At the USS Midway Museum, there'll be a Remembrance Ceremony on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Held on the flight deck, Veterans from both former and current ways will present wreaths. There will also be patriotic entertainment. This event is free for the public.
10. Kenny Loggins will perform at the USS Midway Museum at 7:30 p.m. on the flight deck the Saturday before Memorial Day. This will be the Second Annual American Freedom Festival, which benefits local and national veteran organizations. Tickets start at $79.
SanDiego.com is one of San Diego's oldest and busiest travel and tourism websites, known as the local authority for all things San Diego. The author of this article, Chris Parks, is a native San Diegan who truly believes that there is no place more fun and exciting than beautiful San Diego!
P: 858-454-5900 x 10302
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 16, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 1,481
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,465
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,682
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,242
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,203
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,825
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,709
The idea behind this session is my blog post - 5 Logstash Alternatives - which is unfortunately too short to do the presented log shippers justice. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Radu Gheorghe, Software Engineer at Sematext Group, will talk more about the things that matter: kinds of buffers, protocols, ways of parsing, correlating and de-duplicating messages, as well as supported inputs and outputs. And of course performance. All this should let you know which log shipper...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,174
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,358
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,893
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,647
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,129
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,142
"Splunk basically takes machine data and we make it usable, valuable and accessible for everyone. The way that plays in DevOps is - we need to make data-driven decisions to delivering applications," explained Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk and @DevOpsSummit Conference Chair, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,910