|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:36 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 --
1. Check out LegoLand or SeaWorld's Aquatica Water Park, two fun theme parks that are sure to be celebrating Memorial Day throughout the weekend. Check the weather and get planning soon, as it is already looking like it's going to be a gorgeous season ahead of us!
2. Want to party hard with drinks and crazy friends? On Sunday, hop on board the Pier Pressure Mega Yacht Party aboard The Inspiration Yacht. Get there by 3:30 p.m. to not miss your ride!
3. There are few things more American than exploring your local culture. Book a cruise with San Diego Harbor Excursions to spend the day outdoors. You'll love the views, since San Diego is on the shore of some of the world's most gorgeous waters. You can either take a cruise around the harbor or ask for a whale watching expedition.
4. Drinks and dining are abundant at the San Diego Memorial Day PubCrawl on Saturday, March 24th, starting at 2 p.m. Head to Taste and Thirst to get things off to a great, fun start.
5. Even if you're from San Diego, you may have never been to Birch Aquarium before. Located right on the Pacific Ocean, Birch Aquarium has a fabulous collection of marine creatures and habitats from all around the world. Bring the kids along to learn about coral reefs, get up close and personal with gorgeous starfish and check out the seahorse nursery. Feeling brave? There's even an enormous shark reef!
6. Know a veteran who you want to honor? At Balboa Park, listen to the "Reading of the Names" outdoors from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Vietnam Veterans of America, the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center and San Diego Chapter 472 will all be on hand and a candlelight vigil will follow at 7 p.m.
7. There will be a Memorial Day service held at Greenwood Memorial Park on Monday at 1:30 p.m. The park is located at 4300 Imperial Avenue. This event is in partnership with the American Legion San Diego Post 6 and it will honor the people who died in military service. Marine Lt. Col. Brian Josten will be the guest speaker. This event is free to the public.
8. Join the Memorial Holiday Chauffeured Winery Tour, put on by San Diego Beer and Wine Tours. What's better than drinks (possibly followed by dining) on a holiday weekend?
9. At the USS Midway Museum, there'll be a Remembrance Ceremony on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Held on the flight deck, Veterans from both former and current ways will present wreaths. There will also be patriotic entertainment. This event is free for the public.
10. Kenny Loggins will perform at the USS Midway Museum at 7:30 p.m. on the flight deck the Saturday before Memorial Day. This will be the Second Annual American Freedom Festival, which benefits local and national veteran organizations. Tickets start at $79.
SanDiego.com is one of San Diego's oldest and busiest travel and tourism websites, known as the local authority for all things San Diego. The author of this article, Chris Parks, is a native San Diegan who truly believes that there is no place more fun and exciting than beautiful San Diego!
P: 858-454-5900 x 10302
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:15 PM EST Reads: 119
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 473
"eFolder does a lot of different things but we protect data and we are focused on protecting data no matter where it resides," explained Carlo Tapia, Product Marketing Manager at eFolder, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 506
Cloud computing is unquestionably one of the driving forces of DevOps, as the automation of operations transforms enterprise software development. DevOps, however, is more than a technology trend, as it represents a move toward silo-busting, self-organizing horizontal teams that drive business velocity. At the same time, enterprise Digital Transformation represents an upheaval across the enterprise, as customer preferences and behavior drive enterprise technology decisions. This transformation ...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 148
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 386
In demand-intensive mobile and web applications, an emerging pattern is to host the Systems of Engagement in the cloud (for maximum responsiveness) but keep the Systems of Record with the other important business systems in the company datacenter, often on a tightly secured mainframe. But what about the space in between? In this IBM Redpaper publication, we show that the IBM Bluemix cloud platform offers technologies that make it easy for cloud-based SoEs to securely connect to on-premises IBM...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 448
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 453
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 551
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 358
OpsHub, Inc. has announced enhanced support for DevOps and Migration for both Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio On-line in a heterogeneous environment. With added support for build and release entities in OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) Microsoft customers can now leverage Visual Studio build and release services to manage DevOps processes in a heterogeneous environment. With the enhanced support customers can manage the DevOps process in Team Foundation Server while undertaking activit...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:42 PM EST
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 311