|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:36 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 --
1. Check out LegoLand or SeaWorld's Aquatica Water Park, two fun theme parks that are sure to be celebrating Memorial Day throughout the weekend. Check the weather and get planning soon, as it is already looking like it's going to be a gorgeous season ahead of us!
2. Want to party hard with drinks and crazy friends? On Sunday, hop on board the Pier Pressure Mega Yacht Party aboard The Inspiration Yacht. Get there by 3:30 p.m. to not miss your ride!
3. There are few things more American than exploring your local culture. Book a cruise with San Diego Harbor Excursions to spend the day outdoors. You'll love the views, since San Diego is on the shore of some of the world's most gorgeous waters. You can either take a cruise around the harbor or ask for a whale watching expedition.
4. Drinks and dining are abundant at the San Diego Memorial Day PubCrawl on Saturday, March 24th, starting at 2 p.m. Head to Taste and Thirst to get things off to a great, fun start.
5. Even if you're from San Diego, you may have never been to Birch Aquarium before. Located right on the Pacific Ocean, Birch Aquarium has a fabulous collection of marine creatures and habitats from all around the world. Bring the kids along to learn about coral reefs, get up close and personal with gorgeous starfish and check out the seahorse nursery. Feeling brave? There's even an enormous shark reef!
6. Know a veteran who you want to honor? At Balboa Park, listen to the "Reading of the Names" outdoors from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Vietnam Veterans of America, the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center and San Diego Chapter 472 will all be on hand and a candlelight vigil will follow at 7 p.m.
7. There will be a Memorial Day service held at Greenwood Memorial Park on Monday at 1:30 p.m. The park is located at 4300 Imperial Avenue. This event is in partnership with the American Legion San Diego Post 6 and it will honor the people who died in military service. Marine Lt. Col. Brian Josten will be the guest speaker. This event is free to the public.
8. Join the Memorial Holiday Chauffeured Winery Tour, put on by San Diego Beer and Wine Tours. What's better than drinks (possibly followed by dining) on a holiday weekend?
9. At the USS Midway Museum, there'll be a Remembrance Ceremony on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Held on the flight deck, Veterans from both former and current ways will present wreaths. There will also be patriotic entertainment. This event is free for the public.
10. Kenny Loggins will perform at the USS Midway Museum at 7:30 p.m. on the flight deck the Saturday before Memorial Day. This will be the Second Annual American Freedom Festival, which benefits local and national veteran organizations. Tickets start at $79.
SanDiego.com is one of San Diego's oldest and busiest travel and tourism websites, known as the local authority for all things San Diego. The author of this article, Chris Parks, is a native San Diegan who truly believes that there is no place more fun and exciting than beautiful San Diego!
P: 858-454-5900 x 10302
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 331
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,767
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,008
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,092
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 688
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 335
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,900
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 672
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:49 PM EDT Reads: 287
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,782
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 590
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,229
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,143
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,145