|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 04:36 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 --
1. Check out LegoLand or SeaWorld's Aquatica Water Park, two fun theme parks that are sure to be celebrating Memorial Day throughout the weekend. Check the weather and get planning soon, as it is already looking like it's going to be a gorgeous season ahead of us!
2. Want to party hard with drinks and crazy friends? On Sunday, hop on board the Pier Pressure Mega Yacht Party aboard The Inspiration Yacht. Get there by 3:30 p.m. to not miss your ride!
3. There are few things more American than exploring your local culture. Book a cruise with San Diego Harbor Excursions to spend the day outdoors. You'll love the views, since San Diego is on the shore of some of the world's most gorgeous waters. You can either take a cruise around the harbor or ask for a whale watching expedition.
4. Drinks and dining are abundant at the San Diego Memorial Day PubCrawl on Saturday, March 24th, starting at 2 p.m. Head to Taste and Thirst to get things off to a great, fun start.
5. Even if you're from San Diego, you may have never been to Birch Aquarium before. Located right on the Pacific Ocean, Birch Aquarium has a fabulous collection of marine creatures and habitats from all around the world. Bring the kids along to learn about coral reefs, get up close and personal with gorgeous starfish and check out the seahorse nursery. Feeling brave? There's even an enormous shark reef!
6. Know a veteran who you want to honor? At Balboa Park, listen to the "Reading of the Names" outdoors from 8:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Vietnam Veterans of America, the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center and San Diego Chapter 472 will all be on hand and a candlelight vigil will follow at 7 p.m.
7. There will be a Memorial Day service held at Greenwood Memorial Park on Monday at 1:30 p.m. The park is located at 4300 Imperial Avenue. This event is in partnership with the American Legion San Diego Post 6 and it will honor the people who died in military service. Marine Lt. Col. Brian Josten will be the guest speaker. This event is free to the public.
8. Join the Memorial Holiday Chauffeured Winery Tour, put on by San Diego Beer and Wine Tours. What's better than drinks (possibly followed by dining) on a holiday weekend?
9. At the USS Midway Museum, there'll be a Remembrance Ceremony on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Held on the flight deck, Veterans from both former and current ways will present wreaths. There will also be patriotic entertainment. This event is free for the public.
10. Kenny Loggins will perform at the USS Midway Museum at 7:30 p.m. on the flight deck the Saturday before Memorial Day. This will be the Second Annual American Freedom Festival, which benefits local and national veteran organizations. Tickets start at $79.
SanDiego.com is one of San Diego's oldest and busiest travel and tourism websites, known as the local authority for all things San Diego. The author of this article, Chris Parks, is a native San Diegan who truly believes that there is no place more fun and exciting than beautiful San Diego!
P: 858-454-5900 x 10302
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 732
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Dec. 6, 2016 04:04 PM EST
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 266
"We analyze the video streaming experience. We are gathering the user behavior in real time from the user devices and we analyze how users experience the video streaming," explained Eric Kim, Founder and CEO at Streamlyzer, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 03:31 PM EST Reads: 158
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 454
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,630
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,312
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,195
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 6, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,733
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 6, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,238
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 312
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 646
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,052
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,158
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,100