|By Business Wire||
|May 22, 2014 09:04 AM EDT||
Smart drinkers want to know how their bodies react to alcohol and discover their personal limits so they can take control of the experience when they go out. Alcohoot gives these smart drinkers exactly what they are demanding, an accurate smartphone breathalyzer that enables users to easily track their blood alcohol levels and supports their decision to enjoy alcohol responsibly.
“Alcohoot engages smart drinkers who aspire to discover their personal limits,” said Lisa Willey-Knierim, Chief Executive Officer for Alcohoot, “and to use that insight to empower greater enjoyment, while remaining in control whenever and wherever they are enjoying a drink. Smart drinkers are looking to extend the experience in a way that will let them start the next day refreshed and with great memories.”
PROFESSIONAL ACCURACY, ACTIONABLE DATA
Alcohoot is the first smartphone breathalyzer to bring police grade, fuel cell sensor technology to consumers who demand the best of themselves and their devices. Using Alcohoot is easy, simply download and open the free app on your smartphone, plug the sleek, lightweight device into the headphone jack and it’s ready to use. There’s no need to sign-in or wait for Bluetooth to connect. The convenient Alcohoot app records the precise measurement of Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) every time it is used.
New features of the app provide users with tools to turn this data into actionable guidelines. Smartline™ is a user defined personal “perfect BAC” that tells the user when they’ve reached the BAC level that allows for maximum fun while minimizing the concerns. Morning Quiz™ (beta) pops up each morning after using Alcohoot, to ask you to rank your experience and how you feel the morning after. Ongoing analytics, using sophisticated algorithms, provide actionable steps to users based on their drinking trends. These analytics also refine the user’s Smartline over time, providing advanced support for smart drinkers.
PERNOD RICARD COLLABORATES WITH ALCOHOOT
Alcohoot and Pernod Ricard, the global co-leader in spirits and wines, today announced that they are working together with a goal of changing the way people drink. This is the first such collaboration between a spirits & wine company and a breathalyzer company and will encourage people to enjoy alcohol in moderation, become smarter drinkers and enhance their drinking experiences.
“We were impressed with the innovative nature of Alcohoot and the entrepreneurial spirit of their team,” said Bryan Fry, President and CEO, Pernod Ricard USA. “Alcohoot engages people and has the potential to change behavior; it fits today’s lifestyle and is totally in line with Pernod Ricard’s strong sense of ethics and our overall commitment to fight against irresponsible consumption of our products.”
Pernod Ricard - with premium brands such as ABSOLUT VODKA, Chivas Regal, Jameson, The Glenlivet and Perrier Jouet Champagne -- and Alcohoot will provide Alcohoot devices to employees in the USA, Brazil, Canada, Mexico and Pernod Ricard Americas Travel Retail as they stop their normal activities on May 22 for “Responsib’ALL Day” to rally around a common action: promoting responsible drinking. “We believe our employees have an obligation as ambassadors of our industry to promote responsible drinking,” said Fry. “Now, with Alcohoot, we have another tool to help them spread the word.”
The Alcohoot – Pernod Ricard collaboration will integrate year-round co-promotional and sales activities designed to change behavior and promote responsibility. Initial work includes a video that depicts how Alcohoot can help to encourage responsible consumption and a co-branded app that encourages safe drinking and smart decisions.
MAKING EPIC NIGHTS LEGENDARY
“The whole idea behind Alcohoot,” said Ben Biron, Chief Marketing Officer for Alcohoot, “is to take the guess work out of drinking and give people the information they need to make better, more responsible decisions. They become smarter drinkers and are empowered to have fun whenever and wherever they are enjoying a drink.
“After all…an epic night only becomes legendary when you are able to tell the story.”
BENEFITS OF ALCOHOOT
- Alcohoot utilizes high-grade fuel cell sensors; the same sensors used in law enforcement breathalyzers.
- A Lithium-ion battery provides power for 500 tests before recharging with an included USB charging cable.
- The Alcohoot app easily integrates with the device to show current BAC quickly and accurately.
- Interchangeable mouthpieces improve accuracy and allow the device to be safely used by more than one person.
- Alcohoot provides a personal history graph of tests to show if BAC is increasing or decreasing.
- Smartline™ and Morning Quiz™ provide actionable analytics so smart drinkers can define their “perfect BAC”.
- Using the smartphone’s GPS, Alcohoot directs the user to nearby restaurants to grab a snack and relax.
- The app is integrated with Uber, Hailo, Lyft, Taxi Magic and local taxi services to allow users to easily arrange a ride home.
- Alcohoot is a registered entity with the FDA and follows all FDA quality standards.
- Passed accuracy testing with a third party National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) accredited lab and meets NHTSA standard for alcohol screener device for police usage.
- Mashable Choice Award - Wondering whether you should buy, download or recommend a new product, game, device or app? Let Mashable Choice help you decide. We award it to any product or service we'd recommend you buy or use.
- The 2014 “Red Dot” Award for high design quality. “You have proved your know-how and competed with the best in your industry in one of the world’s largest product competitions. You have convinced the international expert panel with the design quality of your product and therefore rank among the winners of this year’s Red Dot Award.”
Headquartered in New York City, Alcohoot developed the world’s first smartphone breathalyzer with two goals: to reduce the number of drunken driving accidents in the world and to make breathalyzers a commonplace device. Its inventors and founders Jonathan Ofir and Ben Biron met during their service in the Israeli Defense Forces and were shocked to realize the number of soldier deaths from drunk driving surpassed those in combat in one of the world’ s most volatile regions. As they continued their service as Safety and Logistics NCO’s, Ofir and Biron worked to develop a creative solution for the national drunk driving epidemic. After their military service Ofir and Biron teamed up with Max Koeppel in the United States and developed Alcohoot by combining innovative mobile technology, hands on experience in vehicular safety and creativity. Alcohoot LLC was officially founded in April, 2012 by Ofir, Koeppel and Biron. Chief Executive Officer, Lisa Willey-Knierim, joined the company in 2014. Alcohoot is now available to the public to help avoid drunk driving accidents and save lives.
Official website: www.alcohoot.com
Follow us on Twitter: @alcohoot
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alcohoot
Alcohoot is available on Amazon.com.
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 26, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,862
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,030
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,552
Mar. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,104
Mar. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 9,585
Mar. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,252
Mar. 26, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,035
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,588
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,125
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,519
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,800
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,538
Mar. 26, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 946
Mar. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
Mar. 26, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,382