|By Marketwired .||
|May 23, 2014 12:01 PM EDT||
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA--(Marketwired - May 23, 2014) - Guatemala's vast landscape is the ideal playground for active travelers seeking exciting new experiences in a non-homogenous, natural environment. From trekking lush jungles to discover ancient Mayan ruins to cave exploration, extreme mountain biking and rappelling from some of the most stunning natural settings in the country, Guatemala promises an unforgettable experience, ideal for summer travel.
Below are Guatemala's leading adventure excursions:
- Travelers seeking a high dose of culture and adventure are invited to embark on the "Maya Trek, El Zotz - Tikal" experience a "Survivor" style expedition like no other. The three-day excursion entails a trek through the dense landscape of the Petén jungle, located in the northern area of the country. Led by a group of local community leaders who are fully trained in navigation, food preparation and horse handling, trekkers are taken on a journey in the Maya Biosphere Reserve to visit ancient ruins and encounter amazing flora and fauna along the way. The expedition visits impressive sites such as: the Bat Wall in San Miguel La Palotada - El Zotz Biotope; archaeological sites El Zotz; exploring its Acropolis and El Diablo Complex; El Palmar Site, archaeological Site Chiquin - Tikal and Tikal National Park.
- For those who want to explore the underworld -- as the Mayans said, Guatemala has hundreds of caves and karst tunnels to see, all set with stunning backdrops of greenery and turquoise waters. In Petén, travelers can visit the famed Naj Tunich to see intricate ancient Mayan paintings on cave walls or visit Ixobel cave, known for its enormous size. On the Caribbean coast is Caxlampon cave that invites travelers to rappel down its 20 foot cascading waterfall. In Verapaces are four more to see: Candelaria, Los Nacimientos, Lanquin, Ma´ Xiwan and Rey Marcos.
- Located in Lanquín jungle in Alta Verapaz, Natural Monument Semuc Champey offers jaw-dropping views throughout the expansive ecological site. A remote natural attraction requires a scenic five and a half hour expedition from the capital along an off-road route that ventures through small villages and verdant areas. Upon arrival, travelers are privy to the stunning vistas such as a 1,000 foot natural limestone bridge soaring over the Cahabón River and waterfalls streaming beneath it and above, a series of beautiful stepped turquoise pools accessible for swimming. Surrounding this breathtaking formation is the tropical jungle with numerous trails to enjoy the flora and fauna, as well as several caves to explore. The best spot to take it all in is the Mirador lookout point.
- Stunning views and adrenaline pumping climbs await thrill-seeking adventure travelers with Guatemala's 33 volcanoes, three of them active. With numerous intensity levels to choose from -- all allowing for close wildlife encounters, travelers have the option of volcano climbing based on their skill sets. Tacana, Tajamulco and Acatenango volcano are a bucket list spots for the most ardent adventurer, while Ipala, Chicabal and Pacaya offer a less physically demanding experience.
- Small in size, yet sprawling in terrain, Guatemala presents many off-the-beaten paths for mountain biking. From stunning volcanoes and vast valleys, to expansive mountain area and paradisiacal jungles, amateurs and experts alike will appreciate the many routes available ranging in level of difficulty, each offering their own unique view of the country's awe-inspiring scenery.
- Rappelling is an activity found in many of Guatemala's natural attractions including mountains, volcanoes, sinkholes, waterfalls, cliffs and caves. For the most extreme rappelling experience, visitors can venture to Cimarron, located in Huehuetenango, a "cenote" (circular crevice) that plummets nearly 500 feet. In Santa Rosa, thrill-seekers can rappel down the Concepcion waterfall that measures 115 feet. At Bombil Pek, cave exploration and rappelling come together with a 197 foot descent to the bottom.
Guatemala has numerous highly-trained and experienced tour operators who offer these guided adventures. To learn more visit, www.visitguatemala.com.
Nested in Central America, Guatemala is the heart of the Mayan world. A place where a modern capital city melds seamlessly with the country's colonial and indigenous past, Guatemala is the path less traveled offering enlightening experiences beyond what meets the eye. From ancient Mayan ruins emerging from the lush rainforests and impressive colonial cities with colorful outdoor markets to countless natural attractions and adventures including pristine forests reserves and active volcanoes Guatemala presents Life Lessons worth living. It is home to three UNESCO World Heritage sites including the colonial city of Antigua, the Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua and the Tikal National Park showcasing impressively preserved Mayan ruins and stunning natural wonders. For more information, visit www.visitguatemala.com
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,993
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,542
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,156
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 553
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 921
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,948
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,586
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,226
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,547
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,885
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,618
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 512