|By Marketwired .||
|May 23, 2014 12:01 PM EDT||
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA--(Marketwired - May 23, 2014) - Guatemala's vast landscape is the ideal playground for active travelers seeking exciting new experiences in a non-homogenous, natural environment. From trekking lush jungles to discover ancient Mayan ruins to cave exploration, extreme mountain biking and rappelling from some of the most stunning natural settings in the country, Guatemala promises an unforgettable experience, ideal for summer travel.
Below are Guatemala's leading adventure excursions:
- Travelers seeking a high dose of culture and adventure are invited to embark on the "Maya Trek, El Zotz - Tikal" experience a "Survivor" style expedition like no other. The three-day excursion entails a trek through the dense landscape of the Petén jungle, located in the northern area of the country. Led by a group of local community leaders who are fully trained in navigation, food preparation and horse handling, trekkers are taken on a journey in the Maya Biosphere Reserve to visit ancient ruins and encounter amazing flora and fauna along the way. The expedition visits impressive sites such as: the Bat Wall in San Miguel La Palotada - El Zotz Biotope; archaeological sites El Zotz; exploring its Acropolis and El Diablo Complex; El Palmar Site, archaeological Site Chiquin - Tikal and Tikal National Park.
- For those who want to explore the underworld -- as the Mayans said, Guatemala has hundreds of caves and karst tunnels to see, all set with stunning backdrops of greenery and turquoise waters. In Petén, travelers can visit the famed Naj Tunich to see intricate ancient Mayan paintings on cave walls or visit Ixobel cave, known for its enormous size. On the Caribbean coast is Caxlampon cave that invites travelers to rappel down its 20 foot cascading waterfall. In Verapaces are four more to see: Candelaria, Los Nacimientos, Lanquin, Ma´ Xiwan and Rey Marcos.
- Located in Lanquín jungle in Alta Verapaz, Natural Monument Semuc Champey offers jaw-dropping views throughout the expansive ecological site. A remote natural attraction requires a scenic five and a half hour expedition from the capital along an off-road route that ventures through small villages and verdant areas. Upon arrival, travelers are privy to the stunning vistas such as a 1,000 foot natural limestone bridge soaring over the Cahabón River and waterfalls streaming beneath it and above, a series of beautiful stepped turquoise pools accessible for swimming. Surrounding this breathtaking formation is the tropical jungle with numerous trails to enjoy the flora and fauna, as well as several caves to explore. The best spot to take it all in is the Mirador lookout point.
- Stunning views and adrenaline pumping climbs await thrill-seeking adventure travelers with Guatemala's 33 volcanoes, three of them active. With numerous intensity levels to choose from -- all allowing for close wildlife encounters, travelers have the option of volcano climbing based on their skill sets. Tacana, Tajamulco and Acatenango volcano are a bucket list spots for the most ardent adventurer, while Ipala, Chicabal and Pacaya offer a less physically demanding experience.
- Small in size, yet sprawling in terrain, Guatemala presents many off-the-beaten paths for mountain biking. From stunning volcanoes and vast valleys, to expansive mountain area and paradisiacal jungles, amateurs and experts alike will appreciate the many routes available ranging in level of difficulty, each offering their own unique view of the country's awe-inspiring scenery.
- Rappelling is an activity found in many of Guatemala's natural attractions including mountains, volcanoes, sinkholes, waterfalls, cliffs and caves. For the most extreme rappelling experience, visitors can venture to Cimarron, located in Huehuetenango, a "cenote" (circular crevice) that plummets nearly 500 feet. In Santa Rosa, thrill-seekers can rappel down the Concepcion waterfall that measures 115 feet. At Bombil Pek, cave exploration and rappelling come together with a 197 foot descent to the bottom.
Guatemala has numerous highly-trained and experienced tour operators who offer these guided adventures. To learn more visit, www.visitguatemala.com.
Nested in Central America, Guatemala is the heart of the Mayan world. A place where a modern capital city melds seamlessly with the country's colonial and indigenous past, Guatemala is the path less traveled offering enlightening experiences beyond what meets the eye. From ancient Mayan ruins emerging from the lush rainforests and impressive colonial cities with colorful outdoor markets to countless natural attractions and adventures including pristine forests reserves and active volcanoes Guatemala presents Life Lessons worth living. It is home to three UNESCO World Heritage sites including the colonial city of Antigua, the Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua and the Tikal National Park showcasing impressively preserved Mayan ruins and stunning natural wonders. For more information, visit www.visitguatemala.com
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,737
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:43 AM EST
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:00 AM EST Reads: 6,146
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 7,406
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 27, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,233
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 27, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,299
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 7,348
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 27, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,202
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,485
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Feb. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,294
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 7,548
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,954
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,717
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,683
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,154