|By Marketwired .||
|May 23, 2014 12:01 PM EDT||
GUATEMALA CITY, GUATEMALA--(Marketwired - May 23, 2014) - Guatemala's vast landscape is the ideal playground for active travelers seeking exciting new experiences in a non-homogenous, natural environment. From trekking lush jungles to discover ancient Mayan ruins to cave exploration, extreme mountain biking and rappelling from some of the most stunning natural settings in the country, Guatemala promises an unforgettable experience, ideal for summer travel.
Below are Guatemala's leading adventure excursions:
- Travelers seeking a high dose of culture and adventure are invited to embark on the "Maya Trek, El Zotz - Tikal" experience a "Survivor" style expedition like no other. The three-day excursion entails a trek through the dense landscape of the Petén jungle, located in the northern area of the country. Led by a group of local community leaders who are fully trained in navigation, food preparation and horse handling, trekkers are taken on a journey in the Maya Biosphere Reserve to visit ancient ruins and encounter amazing flora and fauna along the way. The expedition visits impressive sites such as: the Bat Wall in San Miguel La Palotada - El Zotz Biotope; archaeological sites El Zotz; exploring its Acropolis and El Diablo Complex; El Palmar Site, archaeological Site Chiquin - Tikal and Tikal National Park.
- For those who want to explore the underworld -- as the Mayans said, Guatemala has hundreds of caves and karst tunnels to see, all set with stunning backdrops of greenery and turquoise waters. In Petén, travelers can visit the famed Naj Tunich to see intricate ancient Mayan paintings on cave walls or visit Ixobel cave, known for its enormous size. On the Caribbean coast is Caxlampon cave that invites travelers to rappel down its 20 foot cascading waterfall. In Verapaces are four more to see: Candelaria, Los Nacimientos, Lanquin, Ma´ Xiwan and Rey Marcos.
- Located in Lanquín jungle in Alta Verapaz, Natural Monument Semuc Champey offers jaw-dropping views throughout the expansive ecological site. A remote natural attraction requires a scenic five and a half hour expedition from the capital along an off-road route that ventures through small villages and verdant areas. Upon arrival, travelers are privy to the stunning vistas such as a 1,000 foot natural limestone bridge soaring over the Cahabón River and waterfalls streaming beneath it and above, a series of beautiful stepped turquoise pools accessible for swimming. Surrounding this breathtaking formation is the tropical jungle with numerous trails to enjoy the flora and fauna, as well as several caves to explore. The best spot to take it all in is the Mirador lookout point.
- Stunning views and adrenaline pumping climbs await thrill-seeking adventure travelers with Guatemala's 33 volcanoes, three of them active. With numerous intensity levels to choose from -- all allowing for close wildlife encounters, travelers have the option of volcano climbing based on their skill sets. Tacana, Tajamulco and Acatenango volcano are a bucket list spots for the most ardent adventurer, while Ipala, Chicabal and Pacaya offer a less physically demanding experience.
- Small in size, yet sprawling in terrain, Guatemala presents many off-the-beaten paths for mountain biking. From stunning volcanoes and vast valleys, to expansive mountain area and paradisiacal jungles, amateurs and experts alike will appreciate the many routes available ranging in level of difficulty, each offering their own unique view of the country's awe-inspiring scenery.
- Rappelling is an activity found in many of Guatemala's natural attractions including mountains, volcanoes, sinkholes, waterfalls, cliffs and caves. For the most extreme rappelling experience, visitors can venture to Cimarron, located in Huehuetenango, a "cenote" (circular crevice) that plummets nearly 500 feet. In Santa Rosa, thrill-seekers can rappel down the Concepcion waterfall that measures 115 feet. At Bombil Pek, cave exploration and rappelling come together with a 197 foot descent to the bottom.
Guatemala has numerous highly-trained and experienced tour operators who offer these guided adventures. To learn more visit, www.visitguatemala.com.
Nested in Central America, Guatemala is the heart of the Mayan world. A place where a modern capital city melds seamlessly with the country's colonial and indigenous past, Guatemala is the path less traveled offering enlightening experiences beyond what meets the eye. From ancient Mayan ruins emerging from the lush rainforests and impressive colonial cities with colorful outdoor markets to countless natural attractions and adventures including pristine forests reserves and active volcanoes Guatemala presents Life Lessons worth living. It is home to three UNESCO World Heritage sites including the colonial city of Antigua, the Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua and the Tikal National Park showcasing impressively preserved Mayan ruins and stunning natural wonders. For more information, visit www.visitguatemala.com
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 754
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 689
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,182
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,081
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 255
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,093
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:46 AM EDT Reads: 302
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,243
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,340
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 677
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 505
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 523