|By Business Wire||
|May 23, 2014 12:15 PM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Residential Gateway Strategies and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, which delves into service providers’ strategies for deploying residential gateways, applications driving deployments, and their top picks for residential gateway vendors, services, technologies, and features.
RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY ANALYST NOTE
“Service providers are increasingly relying on residential gateways instead of basic modems to deliver voice, data, and video services because they can be remotely managed, have an open application layer to add on new features, and offer higher throughput, greater security features, and the ability to monitor revenue-generating traffic within the home network,” notes Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research.
“Residential gateways have quickly become the new gatekeeper for high-margin traffic,” adds Heynen.
RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Arris and Pace supplant Huawei and ZTE (from last year’s survey) as the perceived top residential gateway vendors among Infonetics’ operator respondents
- Multiscreen video is growing quickly: 6% of survey respondents offered the service last year, 55% are offering it today, and 80% plan to offer it next year
- 802.11ac shows some of the strongest growth among wireless technologies, with just 5% of operators surveyed using it today, moving to 85% in 2015
Optimism for G.hn as an in-home networking technology continues to
intensify despite the lack of available products: Though no
respondents currently use G.hn, 45% expect to
RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY REPORT SYNOPSIS
For its 28-page residential gateway survey, Infonetics interviewed incumbent, competitive, and independent wireless operators in North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific about residential gateway deployment strategies, residential gateway vendors, features, services, technologies (GPON/EPON, ADSL/ADSL2+, VDSL/VDSL2, Ethernet, DOCSIS, LTE, etc.), and interfaces (Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11n/ac, G.hn, HPNA/HCNA, HomePlug AV/AV2, MoCA, Zigbee, Z-Wave, etc.). Vendors examined include Actiontec, Alcatel-Lucent, Arris/Motorola, Comtrend, Dare, D-Link, FiberHome, Huawei, Netgear, Pace, Sagemcom, Technicolor, Tilgin, TP-Link, ZTE, ZyXel, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Infonetics’ May Broadband Access research brief: http://bit.ly/RaAvez
- Gigabit PON spending climbs 44% YoY in 1Q14; Huawei and Alcatel-Lucent neck-and-neck
- 802.11ac routers to make up nearly a third of WiFi-enabled router shipments by 2015
- China's huge LTE rollouts and EU network upgrades push carrier capex to $354B this year
- China Mobile increases capital intensity 6% year-over-year
- Tier 3 operators ramping VDSL2 in 2014, rate Calix, Adtran, ALU top broadband vendors
- Infonetics launches broadband subscriber database of 130+ service providers
RECENT & UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
- IP Set-Top Box Features & Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey (May 15)
- Home Automation & Connected Home Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (May 30)
- Extending Copper Access Networks with Vectoring and G.Fast (View on-demand)
- Unlocking Revenues with Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Wholesale E-Access (May 29: Attend)
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, Small Cells & WiFi (June 5: Attend)
- Indoor Wireless Solutions: Technologies, Challenges and Backhaul (View on-demand)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (View on-demand)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (View on-demand)
- Home Automation & the Future of the Connected Home (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 980
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,793
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,741
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,921
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,598
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,716
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,030
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,724
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,725
Sep. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,290
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,848
Sep. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,997
Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,632
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,541
Sep. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,049