|By Marketwired .||
|May 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/26/14 --
WHAT: Global Petroleum Show (GPS) will kick off the nation's largest ever oil and gas exhibition in the energy capital of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, on Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12 at Stampede Park. In 2013, organizers dmg :: events announced that GPS - held in Calgary every two years since 1968 - would now be held on an annual basis in response to demand from participants and the rapid pace of industry change. GPS 2014 will mark the first year of the show since becoming an annual event. GPS will see more than 60,000 registered attendees and 2,000 exhibiting companies (including 400 brand new exhibitors) showcasing emerging technologies, a diverse range of products and services, and industry expertise from internationally recognized brands. Also present will be attendees from Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Jordan, Argentina, Ghana and Suriname. The exhibition this year will be the largest yet (including halls specially constructed for GPS), having expanded to include international pavilions, presentation theatres hosting free talks, and more outdoor & indoor exhibits. Based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, this year's event is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, with $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies. More than 38,000 hotel reservations have been blocked for the annual energy event.
Registration to attend GPS is free online for oil & gas engineers and energy industry professionals through June 1. Visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com to register.
The following features are of particular interest:
- Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), seven unique theaters offer an opportunity to explore topics such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Country Market Presentations, Canada's Energy Opportunities, Heavy Oil, Speciality Oil Tools, and more!
- Outdoor Exhibits - A comprehensive and interactive showcase of heavy machinery and field equipment at work in the oil and gas industry. Onsite beer gardens provide attendees a place to relax and refresh after perusing the outdoor displays of oilfield equipment.
Monday, June 9, 2014:
- International Attendee Open House - International guests and delegations are welcome to attend this exclusive event to pick up name badges and GPS materials, and to network with local business and government. Enjoy complimentary snacks, refreshments and enjoy local cultural entertainment. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Tuesday, June 10, 2014:
- Opening Night Reception - Join industry professionals and celebrate the kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event at the Opening Night Reception. Enjoy cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment and a dynamic display that will transport you through the decades of energy evolution. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy, and gain in-depth insights into the barriers and potential solutions to the challenges that we face in 2014 and beyond. 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Grandstand Infield Ticketed Event
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event (complimentary admission with official show name badge).
6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- The OGM After Dark Party - As the official after party of Global Petroleum Show, the 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. 5:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall Ticketed Event WHERE: Stampede Park - BMO Centre Halls A - H, Outdoor Area 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta WHO: Notable exhibitors include: - PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, Government of Alberta - Pavilions and exhibits for companies from Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Poland, Norway, South Korea, United Kingdom, USA and many more. WHEN: The exhibition at GPS is open: - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with:
SPE Heavy Oil Conference
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,214
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 108
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 24, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,706
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 24, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,636
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 24, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,543
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,596
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,462
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,197
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,845
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 821
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,828
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 24, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,856
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,942
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Mar. 24, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,268