|By Marketwired .||
|May 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/26/14 --
WHAT: Global Petroleum Show (GPS) will kick off the nation's largest ever oil and gas exhibition in the energy capital of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, on Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12 at Stampede Park. In 2013, organizers dmg :: events announced that GPS - held in Calgary every two years since 1968 - would now be held on an annual basis in response to demand from participants and the rapid pace of industry change. GPS 2014 will mark the first year of the show since becoming an annual event. GPS will see more than 60,000 registered attendees and 2,000 exhibiting companies (including 400 brand new exhibitors) showcasing emerging technologies, a diverse range of products and services, and industry expertise from internationally recognized brands. Also present will be attendees from Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Jordan, Argentina, Ghana and Suriname. The exhibition this year will be the largest yet (including halls specially constructed for GPS), having expanded to include international pavilions, presentation theatres hosting free talks, and more outdoor & indoor exhibits. Based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, this year's event is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, with $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies. More than 38,000 hotel reservations have been blocked for the annual energy event.
Registration to attend GPS is free online for oil & gas engineers and energy industry professionals through June 1. Visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com to register.
The following features are of particular interest:
- Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), seven unique theaters offer an opportunity to explore topics such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Country Market Presentations, Canada's Energy Opportunities, Heavy Oil, Speciality Oil Tools, and more!
- Outdoor Exhibits - A comprehensive and interactive showcase of heavy machinery and field equipment at work in the oil and gas industry. Onsite beer gardens provide attendees a place to relax and refresh after perusing the outdoor displays of oilfield equipment.
Monday, June 9, 2014:
- International Attendee Open House - International guests and delegations are welcome to attend this exclusive event to pick up name badges and GPS materials, and to network with local business and government. Enjoy complimentary snacks, refreshments and enjoy local cultural entertainment. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Tuesday, June 10, 2014:
- Opening Night Reception - Join industry professionals and celebrate the kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event at the Opening Night Reception. Enjoy cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment and a dynamic display that will transport you through the decades of energy evolution. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy, and gain in-depth insights into the barriers and potential solutions to the challenges that we face in 2014 and beyond. 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Grandstand Infield Ticketed Event
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event (complimentary admission with official show name badge).
6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- The OGM After Dark Party - As the official after party of Global Petroleum Show, the 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. 5:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall Ticketed Event WHERE: Stampede Park - BMO Centre Halls A - H, Outdoor Area 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta WHO: Notable exhibitors include: - PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, Government of Alberta - Pavilions and exhibits for companies from Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Poland, Norway, South Korea, United Kingdom, USA and many more. WHEN: The exhibition at GPS is open: - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with:
SPE Heavy Oil Conference
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Feb. 24, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 584
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 24, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,068
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Carter, CEO of Approyo, will discuss the basic set up and solution for an SAP solution in the cloud and what it means to the viability of your company. Chris Carter is CEO of Approyo. He works with business around the globe, to assist them in their journey to the usage of Big Data in the forms of Hadoop (Cloudera and Hortonwork's) and SAP HANA. At Approyo, we support firms who are looking for knowledge to grow through current business process, where even...
Feb. 24, 2017 10:25 AM EST
Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016.Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere, IT is empowered to take control of their data ce...
Feb. 24, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,035
Some people worry that OpenStack is more flash then substance; however, for many customers this could not be farther from the truth. No other technology equalizes the playing field between vendors while giving your internal teams better access than ever to infrastructure when they need it. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will talk through some real-world OpenStack deployments and look into the ways this can benefit customers of all sizes....
Feb. 24, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 842
Tricky charts and visually deceptive graphs often make a case for the impact IT performance has on business. The debate isn't around the obvious; of course, IT performance metrics like website load time influence business metrics such as conversions and revenue. Rather, this presentation will explore various data analysis concepts to understand how, and how not to, assert such correlations. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Sys...
Feb. 24, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,578
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Feb. 24, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 8,124
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his general session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore...
Feb. 24, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 859
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,780
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 4,842
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,771
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,119
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Robert Doyle, lead architect at eCube Systems, will examine the issues and need for an agile infrastructure and show the advantages of capturing developer knowledge in an exportable file for migration into production. He will introduce the use of NXTmonitor, a next-generation DevOps tool that captures application environments, dependencies and start/stop procedures in a portable configuration file with an easy-to-use GUI. In addition to captur...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 3,496
Wooed by the promise of faster innovation, lower TCO, and greater agility, businesses of every shape and size have embraced the cloud at every layer of the IT stack – from apps to file sharing to infrastructure. The typical organization currently uses more than a dozen sanctioned cloud apps and will shift more than half of all workloads to the cloud by 2018. Such cloud investments have delivered measurable benefits. But they’ve also resulted in some unintended side-effects: complexity and risk. ...
Feb. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,657
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Feb. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,387