|By Marketwired .||
|May 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/26/14 --
WHAT: Global Petroleum Show (GPS) will kick off the nation's largest ever oil and gas exhibition in the energy capital of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, on Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12 at Stampede Park. In 2013, organizers dmg :: events announced that GPS - held in Calgary every two years since 1968 - would now be held on an annual basis in response to demand from participants and the rapid pace of industry change. GPS 2014 will mark the first year of the show since becoming an annual event. GPS will see more than 60,000 registered attendees and 2,000 exhibiting companies (including 400 brand new exhibitors) showcasing emerging technologies, a diverse range of products and services, and industry expertise from internationally recognized brands. Also present will be attendees from Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Jordan, Argentina, Ghana and Suriname. The exhibition this year will be the largest yet (including halls specially constructed for GPS), having expanded to include international pavilions, presentation theatres hosting free talks, and more outdoor & indoor exhibits. Based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, this year's event is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, with $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies. More than 38,000 hotel reservations have been blocked for the annual energy event.
Registration to attend GPS is free online for oil & gas engineers and energy industry professionals through June 1. Visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com to register.
The following features are of particular interest:
- Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), seven unique theaters offer an opportunity to explore topics such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Country Market Presentations, Canada's Energy Opportunities, Heavy Oil, Speciality Oil Tools, and more!
- Outdoor Exhibits - A comprehensive and interactive showcase of heavy machinery and field equipment at work in the oil and gas industry. Onsite beer gardens provide attendees a place to relax and refresh after perusing the outdoor displays of oilfield equipment.
Monday, June 9, 2014:
- International Attendee Open House - International guests and delegations are welcome to attend this exclusive event to pick up name badges and GPS materials, and to network with local business and government. Enjoy complimentary snacks, refreshments and enjoy local cultural entertainment. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Tuesday, June 10, 2014:
- Opening Night Reception - Join industry professionals and celebrate the kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event at the Opening Night Reception. Enjoy cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment and a dynamic display that will transport you through the decades of energy evolution. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy, and gain in-depth insights into the barriers and potential solutions to the challenges that we face in 2014 and beyond. 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Grandstand Infield Ticketed Event
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event (complimentary admission with official show name badge).
6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- The OGM After Dark Party - As the official after party of Global Petroleum Show, the 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. 5:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall Ticketed Event WHERE: Stampede Park - BMO Centre Halls A - H, Outdoor Area 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta WHO: Notable exhibitors include: - PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, Government of Alberta - Pavilions and exhibits for companies from Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Poland, Norway, South Korea, United Kingdom, USA and many more. WHEN: The exhibition at GPS is open: - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with:
SPE Heavy Oil Conference
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Jan. 18, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,126
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 18, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,182
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,859
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,150
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 18, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 224
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,880
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 5,364
In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, David Shacochis, host of The Hybrid IT Files podcast and Vice President at CenturyLink, investigated three key trends of the “gigabit economy" though the story of a Fortune 500 communications company in transformation. Narrating how multi-modal hybrid IT, service automation, and agile delivery all intersect, he will cover the role of storytelling and empathy in achieving strategic alignment between the enterprise and its information technology.
Jan. 18, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 4,564
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 18, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 4,746
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager - Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, reviewed next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discussed how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has been engaged in t...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 4,695
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,678
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,400
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 18, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,587
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 980
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 18, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 393