|By Marketwired .||
|May 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/26/14 --
WHAT: Global Petroleum Show (GPS) will kick off the nation's largest ever oil and gas exhibition in the energy capital of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, on Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12 at Stampede Park. In 2013, organizers dmg :: events announced that GPS - held in Calgary every two years since 1968 - would now be held on an annual basis in response to demand from participants and the rapid pace of industry change. GPS 2014 will mark the first year of the show since becoming an annual event. GPS will see more than 60,000 registered attendees and 2,000 exhibiting companies (including 400 brand new exhibitors) showcasing emerging technologies, a diverse range of products and services, and industry expertise from internationally recognized brands. Also present will be attendees from Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Jordan, Argentina, Ghana and Suriname. The exhibition this year will be the largest yet (including halls specially constructed for GPS), having expanded to include international pavilions, presentation theatres hosting free talks, and more outdoor & indoor exhibits. Based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, this year's event is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, with $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies. More than 38,000 hotel reservations have been blocked for the annual energy event.
Registration to attend GPS is free online for oil & gas engineers and energy industry professionals through June 1. Visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com to register.
The following features are of particular interest:
- Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), seven unique theaters offer an opportunity to explore topics such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Country Market Presentations, Canada's Energy Opportunities, Heavy Oil, Speciality Oil Tools, and more!
- Outdoor Exhibits - A comprehensive and interactive showcase of heavy machinery and field equipment at work in the oil and gas industry. Onsite beer gardens provide attendees a place to relax and refresh after perusing the outdoor displays of oilfield equipment.
Monday, June 9, 2014:
- International Attendee Open House - International guests and delegations are welcome to attend this exclusive event to pick up name badges and GPS materials, and to network with local business and government. Enjoy complimentary snacks, refreshments and enjoy local cultural entertainment. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Tuesday, June 10, 2014:
- Opening Night Reception - Join industry professionals and celebrate the kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event at the Opening Night Reception. Enjoy cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment and a dynamic display that will transport you through the decades of energy evolution. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy, and gain in-depth insights into the barriers and potential solutions to the challenges that we face in 2014 and beyond. 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Grandstand Infield Ticketed Event
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event (complimentary admission with official show name badge).
6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- The OGM After Dark Party - As the official after party of Global Petroleum Show, the 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. 5:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall Ticketed Event WHERE: Stampede Park - BMO Centre Halls A - H, Outdoor Area 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta WHO: Notable exhibitors include: - PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, Government of Alberta - Pavilions and exhibits for companies from Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Poland, Norway, South Korea, United Kingdom, USA and many more. WHEN: The exhibition at GPS is open: - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with:
SPE Heavy Oil Conference
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 172
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 440
Aug. 28, 2015 11:37 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 798
Aug. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 10:52 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 427
Aug. 28, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 112
Aug. 28, 2015 10:07 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 257
Aug. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT
Aug. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 321
Aug. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 142