|By Business Wire||
|May 26, 2014 01:36 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/md3lpp/led_frontend) has announced the addition of the "LED Front-End Manufacturing Trends report" report to their offering.
The impact of the sapphire industry on the LED industry is likely to become bigger in the future because of the recent partnership between GTAT and Apple (Q4-2013) to set up a large sapphire manufacturing plant ($1 billion). The plant, having a rough capacity of 2 times the current qualified sapphire capacity, could totally modify the structure and evolution of the sapphire and LED industries in the next few years.
The report presents all recent technological trends of LED Front-End manufacturing, detailing evolutions at substrate, epitaxy, lithography, plasma etching and deposition, PVD and testing levels.
LED substrate is one of the key topics impacting the LED Front-End industry in the following ways:
- Increased demand for larger size sapphire wafers with big players (such as LG, Sharp or Osram) moving to 6 wafers and Taiwanese players moving to 4 wafers.
- Increased demand for PSS that has now become mainstream in the industry (87% share as of Q1-2014), even if some questions remain concerning key patent holders' strategies.
- Development of GaN-on-Si and GaN-on-GaN LEDs with both technologies having begun mass production in some companies (such as Soraa for GaN, or Toshiba for Si). However, market penetration of these alternative substrates will be secondary to future improvements in terms of performance and cost. Otherwise, GaN-on-Si and GaN-on-GaN LEDs will not be able to fully compete with sapphire-based LEDs.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Detailed analysis of key constituents of LED die
- Detailed technical analysis of the main LED Front-End manufacturing process steps and recent evolutions
- Technology roadmap for adoption of new technologies
- LED market metrics (units and value): Forecast 2014-2019
Key Topics Covered:
- Objectives of the report
- LED market trends
- Key constituents of LED die
- LED die manufacturing
- Light extraction techniques
- LED substrates
- LED epitaxy
- Plasma etching and deposition
- Physical vapor deposition for TCL and metals
- Testing and binning
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/md3lpp/led_frontend
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,545
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,596
Sep. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,488
Sep. 26, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,086
Sep. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,715
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,570
Sep. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,166
Sep. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,317
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,618
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,740
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,415
Sep. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,258
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,672
Sep. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,686