|By Business Wire||
|May 26, 2014 01:36 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/md3lpp/led_frontend) has announced the addition of the "LED Front-End Manufacturing Trends report" report to their offering.
The impact of the sapphire industry on the LED industry is likely to become bigger in the future because of the recent partnership between GTAT and Apple (Q4-2013) to set up a large sapphire manufacturing plant ($1 billion). The plant, having a rough capacity of 2 times the current qualified sapphire capacity, could totally modify the structure and evolution of the sapphire and LED industries in the next few years.
The report presents all recent technological trends of LED Front-End manufacturing, detailing evolutions at substrate, epitaxy, lithography, plasma etching and deposition, PVD and testing levels.
LED substrate is one of the key topics impacting the LED Front-End industry in the following ways:
- Increased demand for larger size sapphire wafers with big players (such as LG, Sharp or Osram) moving to 6 wafers and Taiwanese players moving to 4 wafers.
- Increased demand for PSS that has now become mainstream in the industry (87% share as of Q1-2014), even if some questions remain concerning key patent holders' strategies.
- Development of GaN-on-Si and GaN-on-GaN LEDs with both technologies having begun mass production in some companies (such as Soraa for GaN, or Toshiba for Si). However, market penetration of these alternative substrates will be secondary to future improvements in terms of performance and cost. Otherwise, GaN-on-Si and GaN-on-GaN LEDs will not be able to fully compete with sapphire-based LEDs.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Detailed analysis of key constituents of LED die
- Detailed technical analysis of the main LED Front-End manufacturing process steps and recent evolutions
- Technology roadmap for adoption of new technologies
- LED market metrics (units and value): Forecast 2014-2019
Key Topics Covered:
- Objectives of the report
- LED market trends
- Key constituents of LED die
- LED die manufacturing
- Light extraction techniques
- LED substrates
- LED epitaxy
- Plasma etching and deposition
- Physical vapor deposition for TCL and metals
- Testing and binning
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/md3lpp/led_frontend
Aug. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,445
Aug. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 463
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,855
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,238
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,050
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,345
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,938
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,667
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,490
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,447
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,875
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 926
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,985
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 850
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 803