|By Business Wire||
|May 27, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
FireHost, the secure cloud provider, has hired two security and cloud industry veterans, appointing retired U.S. Army Col. Jeff Schilling as chief security officer (CSO) and Jim Hilbert as senior vice president of global sales. The two appointments bolster FireHost’s industry leadership and fuel its growing momentum in providing compliance- and security-driven businesses a truly secure cloud without compromise.
Schilling is the former director of the U.S. Army's Global Network Operations and Security Center under the U.S. Army’s Cyber Command – one of the military’s top cyber security organizations. He oversaw security operations and incident response for more than 1 million computer systems on 350 wide-area networks supporting U.S. Army units in more than 2,500 locations worldwide. During his 24-year military career, Schilling served as director of the Department of Defense’s global security operations center with Joint Task Force Global Network Operations, where he managed security operations and incident response for more than 4 million computer systems. Schilling will oversee FireHost’s security operations and work closely with product development to ensure the company’s infrastructure services maintain their cutting edge in protecting customers’ applications, data, and operations.
Hilbert will oversee FireHost’s global sales, partnering, and business development, taking the reins of a team that has helped double the company’s revenue in each of the past three years. Hilbert has led sales and revenue growth at a number of technology companies, such as Amdahl, Tivoli, IBM, SupportSoft, Asera, EMC, Appian, Cloud Harbor, and most recently, Rackspace. With an extensive background in cloud computing, software-as-service (SaaS), and go-to-market execution, Hilbert will help drive FireHost’s rapidly growing business in healthcare, retail, financial, federal, and other enterprise markets.
- Prior to joining FireHost, Schilling was the Director of the Global Incident Response practice for Dell SecureWorks where his team supported more than 300 customers with incident response planning, capabilities development, digital forensics investigations, and active incident management.
- Schilling served in various military leadership positions within communications and information security, including assignments with United States Northern Command/North American, Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and deployments to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Haiti, and Afghanistan.
- On Thursday, May 29, 2014, from 10-11 a.m. CDT, Schilling will join FireHost founder and chief technology officer Chris Drake on a webinar, “Overcoming the Industry’s Insecurity Complex”. Schilling and Drake will describe reasons behind the industry’s lack of attention to security, detail why providers can’t or won’t add security to their environments, and how businesses should approach security for cloud infrastructures.
- Hilbert built Cloud Harbor, a successful cloud company focused on business process management, data analytics and document management utilizing software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) cloud models.
- Hilbert has extensive experience in opening new markets globally for technology companies and delivering consistent revenue results. Under his leadership, Hilbert’s teams have driven the largest transactions in every company he has worked for. In addition, he has taken technology companies from $0 to $100 million in revenues and ran business units from $300 million per year to more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
- In 2013, FireHost blocked more than 100 million legitimate hack attempts targeted at its customers.
- The company has doubled its revenue each of the past three years and announced a $25 million Series E funding round in April.
Jim Lewandowski, CEO, FireHost
“Unlike traditional IaaS providers, FireHost is a security company first. Bringing top-notch talent like Jeff and Jim to FireHost strengthens our ability to protect our customers with the industry’s finest security professionals. We are raising the security standard for what businesses should demand from their cloud provider. And we are doing this because customers increasingly understand it is unacceptable to settle for services that pass compliance audits but do not deliver the pieces necessary for secure cloud computing. FireHost represents the future cloud provider. Our focus is on protecting customers with the best technology, the best people, and the best practices in the industry. FireHost’s hiring of Jeff and Jim certainly helps ensure we can deliver on that commitment.”
Jeff Schilling, CSO, FireHost
“FireHost is born secure. It was built from the ground up with security architected into its infrastructure. This is key, because I do not see another cloud provider out there making security a first priority for their customers. They might be thinking about it or marketing it, but FireHost is doing it. This distinction is extremely pertinent as attack methods continue to change and evolve in sophistication. At FireHost, we complement this secure, high-performing infrastructure with high-caliber security operations, and our customers benefit greatly. By providing security operation centers and security professionals with corporate and military backgrounds, we are rewriting the formula for how a cloud provider should operate. Simply put, we represent what the cloud provider of the future will look like, and it is much more secure than any traditional, commodity cloud provider existing today.”
Jim Hilbert, SVP of Sales, FireHost
“FireHost has a rabid, loyal customer base because of its security focus and commitment to providing customer support without compromise. Unlike other cloud providers and service providers, our high-touch, consultative customer engagement model extends throughout our partnership’s entire lifecycle. We are not just a sales team. We are a customer-centric partner and trusted advisor. Being a security company requires this relationship. Security is a partnership and continuous dialogue. If we do our jobs right, we will work with our customers for a very long time, which is why the combination of sales and genuine service is a key priority for the company and me.”
FireHost offers the most secure, managed cloud IaaS available, protecting sensitive data and brand reputations of some of the largest companies in the world. With private, cloud infrastructure built for security, compliance, performance and managed service, responsible businesses choose FireHost to reduce risk and improve the collection, storage and transmission of their most confidential data. FireHost’s secure, managed cloud IaaS is available in Dallas, Phoenix, London, Amsterdam and Singapore, and offers robust, geographically redundant business continuity options across all sites. Based in Dallas, FireHost is the chosen secure private cloud service provider for brands that won't compromise on the security of their payment card, healthcare, and other regulated data. www.firehost.com
Follow FireHost on:
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 331
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 434
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,711
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 325
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,626
Sep. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,150
Sep. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,111
Sep. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 286
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,773
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 250
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 247
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
Sep. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,815
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
Sep. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,879