|By Business Wire||
|May 27, 2014 12:47 PM EDT||
AmeriHealth New Jersey today announced it has updated its mobile app — AHNJ On the Go — in an effort to enhance the functionality and overall user experience.
AHNJ On the Go iPhone and Android applications are convenient, fast, secure, and provide easy access to the health information members need most—right on their cell phones.
“The new features and functionality of AHNJ On the Go give our members the ease and convenience of managing their health plans with some of our most popular online tools, all in the palm of their hands,” said Mike Munoz, senior vice president of sales and marketing for AmeriHealth New Jersey. “We made a number of enhancements to help make members’ interactions with AmeriHealth New Jersey and their physicians easier, more productive, and timely.”
AHNJ on the Go provides members with a robust suite of health management tools including:
- Plan Information ─ Subscribers and dependents can quickly access basic benefits information such as co-pay amounts, and contact information for their primary care physician and ancillary medical providers.
- “Finders” ─ These robust search engines help locate hospitals, doctors, Patient Centered Medical Homes, urgent care centers, and pharmacies.
Doctor’s Visit Assistant ─ Members can achieve a more
productive office visit by preparing for the visit beforehand:
- Display, email, or fax an ID card to the provider
- View open referrals
- Record notes for the conversation with a physician, and capture documents or pictures
- Primary Care Provider (PCP) Info ─ Members can easily keep track of their Primary Care Provider’s name, phone number, and designated sites all in one location.
- Shop for Insurance ─ Make purchasing new insurance policies as easy as possible by learning about AmeriHealth New Jersey’s plans.
- My Health Assistant ─ Members can set health goals, and then build an activity plan to get and stay healthy. Trackers help monitor progress and manage the plan on the go.
- Medicine Cabinet ─ Fed from claims data, members can view and keep track of all their medications and identify them with pictures.
- Medication Reminders ─ Set daily or weekly reminders to take different medications.
- Food & Drug Interactions ─ Check current medications for potentially dangerous combinations with foods or other medications to avoid complications.
The AHNJ On the Go mobile app is available as a free download for iPhones and all Android devices at Apple's App Store and the Google Play Store.
About AmeriHealth NJ
AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth New Jersey) provide health insurance coverage to employers and individuals throughout New Jersey. The company has the largest provider network in New Jersey*, and that network includes access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. The company is also committed to offering value-added insurance solutions for customers through its innovative wellness and incentive programs and benefits designs.
The company's managed care plan, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. is accredited by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
AmeriHealth New Jersey and its affiliates are a growing group of insurance and health companies whose product portfolios include health insurance, workers' compensation, property and casualty insurance, and management services. AmeriHealth New Jersey headquarters are located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information on AmeriHealth, visit www.amerihealthnj.com.
* Based on analysis done through an independent source.
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 846
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,185
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,098
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,528
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 617
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,329
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,264
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 609
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,808
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,330
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 883
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 628
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 721
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,729