|By Business Wire||
|May 30, 2014 08:37 AM EDT||
- The Global Editors Network (GEN), Reuters, and Cxense have brought together some of the best digital news pioneers to develop innovative solutions for their websites to optimize reader loyalty. The competition, Editors Lab Reuters Hackdays, will take place May 30-31 at Reuters Headquarters, 3 Times Square, New York, NY.
- Seven news organizations have entered teams consisting of a journalist, a developer and a designer in this two-day competition. Teams include: BBC, Financial Times, Reuters, McClatchy, Florida Times Union, Deseret Media and Montclair.
- News teams will be innovating around the theme of “Improving Loyalty” and creating tools that meet needs such as: boosting the 'stickiness' of your website; building a community of frequent users and encouraging them to stay longer on the site; optimizing loyalty using Big Data analytics and real-time tools.
- Cxense will open access to their analytics and content tools to help participants meet their objectives. The tools are part of Cxense’s Extraordinary Insight Engine (EIE), which helps publishers gain unique insights into their audience, and turn those insights into actions to better engage and monetize their services. Cxense is also conducting a master class for participants to help them get started using the company’s sophisticated data-driven technology.
- The competition will be judged by: Jeremy Horn, Senior Director for Data Strategy at Viacom; Anthony De Rosa, Editor-in-Chief of Circa; Evangeline de Bourgoing, Programme Manager for GEN; Rob Wescott, Cxense’s SVP of Business Development, North America.
- The winning team will compete in the international Editors Lab Hackdays Final hackathon, held in conjunction with the GEN Summit 2014 in Barcelona, Spain June 11-13.
Cxense (pronounced see-sense) helps publishers succeed in a digital world. Using audience data and advanced real-time analytics, Cxense creates hyper-relevant content recommendations, targeted advertising and predictive search that help increase digital revenue for publishers, and provide users with a better experience. By capitalizing on Big Data to match user preferences and create unprecedented personalization online, publishers gain more engaged and loyal readers, higher advertising revenue and increased digital subscribership. Cxense is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the globe. Customers include AEON Group, Aller Media, Alma Media, Amedia, Archant, A. H. Belo Corporation, Bonnier, El Comercio, The Economist, Egmont, Eniro, Globo, Local World, Morris Communications, MTG, Naspers, Nippon Television, Polaris Media, Rakuten, Grupo RBS, Ringier, Schibsted, Summit Media, Tamedia, VOYAGE GROUP and Yomiuri. More information can be found at www.cxense.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,727
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,578
Sep. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,046
Sep. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,052
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,900
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,473
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 177
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 559
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,704
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,220
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,823
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 567
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 177
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,277