|By Marketwired .||
|May 30, 2014 10:44 AM EDT||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/14 -- (Family Features) With warmer weather finally arriving, it's time to get smart about making the most of summer with your pet. To keep pets energetic and active during the summer months, take a proactive approach to protecting them from health hazards.
Understanding Heat-Triggered Pet Threats
Warmer weather can trigger problems for pets, such as heat stroke, dehydration, sunburn, and flea and tick outbreaks.
"After this cold winter, I can't wait for the weather to heat up," said Wendy Diamond, Chief Pet Officer of Animal Fair magazine. "The best way to prevent flea and tick infestations and other potential warm-weather health problems is to plan ahead. Your pet will appreciate your thoughtfulness and you'll both have a happier summer."
Tips for a Healthy Summer
As the weather heats up, follow Diamond's tips to ensure your pets have a healthy and safe summer:
- Drink up: Encourage your pets to drink extra water so they don't get dehydrated.
- Watch for hot spots: Look for shade and try to avoid heated surfaces like sidewalks, sand and asphalt as they can burn delicate paws. Also, walk your dogs early in the morning and at night to avoid the hottest times of the day.
- Hang loose: Avoid trimming your pet's hair shorter than an inch as this can lead to sunburn. If your pet is naturally short-haired, or you have to cut their hair short to keep them cool, make sure to use pet sunscreen to protect against sunburn.
- Check home base: Walk the perimeter of your backyard to check the fence for areas that need to be repaired.
- Go on the offense with fleas and ticks: Fight pests proactively to save time, money and hours of scratching. Choose a product that is easy to apply like Adams pet products. The Adams line of Spot On treatments, home sprays and many other flea & tick control products also kill flea eggs and larvae that may be hidden in bedding and carpets. Killing flea eggs and larvae prevents them from growing into biting, breeding adult fleas.
"My motto: Why wait for our pets to tell us when they're in trouble by panting or scratching when it is easy and smarter to get ahead of the issues," shared Diamond.
Smart Opportunity for Summer Fun
The makers of Adams products have launched the Smart Pets Contest, where you can upload a picture or video of your smart pet's story. The grand prize winner will receive $15,000 or a smart car. For more information about the contest, visit www.smarterpetcare.com.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2605786
Jul. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,191
Jul. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,419
Jul. 5, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
Jul. 5, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,419
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,194
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,583
Jul. 5, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,456
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,571
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
Jul. 5, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,625
Jul. 5, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,023
Jul. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,524
Jul. 5, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,998
Jul. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,378