|By Marketwired .||
|May 30, 2014 02:54 PM EDT||
MAPLE GROVE, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/14 -- Affinity Gold Corp. (OTC Pink: AFYG) (PINKSHEETS: AFYG) ("Affinity" or "the Company") is pleased to provide an update on its Cambalache project, a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
UPDATES & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Since mid February, mine production increased to 13.8 tpd ore and 17 tpd waste while simultaneously focusing on mine development. A goal of reaching a production rate of 30 tpd was estimated to take 6-8 weeks of development while continuing to ore ship. Mine development during this period advanced on Level 555: 25m of galleries, 15m of raises and winzes, and 45m of sublevels for production. On Level 525, 40m of gallery was advanced. Total was 125m of mine development.
- In mid March, the first Ag-Pb concentrate sale took place from the February production. A total ore tonnage of 333 tonnes was processed at a third party mill generating 22.6 tonnes of concentrate resulting in a 14.7:1 concentration ratio with grades of 40.2% Pb, 113.7 oz Ag, 12.1% Zn and 6.8% Cu per tonne. The low Pb and Ag values along with the high Zn and Cu grades were attributed to poor plant supervision, principally in reactives added to the ore during processing, later acknowledge by the third-party toll plant manager. During proper supervision on second lot of ore treated at Minpar plant concentrates were generally assaying at 48-55% Pb and 120-165 oz Ag per tonne
- Back calculating from plant concentrate grades, show estimated face grades of 5% lead (Pb) and 13.74 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne before an estimated 50% dilution during mining.
- Previous grade estimates of the veins/lodes were 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne (Jalsovec, 2013). Since production commenced in February 2014 the average head grades have hovered around 8% lead (Pb) and 12 oz silver (Ag). It is estimated that the veins/lodes carry 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz silver (Ag) on average (Jalsovec 2013). Affinity Gold believes it can consistently realize these grades with a disciplined mine plan.
- Currently, the primary factors influencing economics of the operations via ore shipping are the shipping, toll plant processing fees and inadequate quality of concentrate resulting from lack of technical supervision and process control on behalf of the toll plant. Ore shipping costs are running at $54/T and toll plant processing costs running an estimated $53/T.
- The processing results obtained to date support the direction of building a gravimetric concentration plan on site which will virtually eliminate shipping costs and drastically reduce processing costs to one-third of current costs. Furthermore, and more importantly, this will ensure control over the ore processing and drastically reduce costly mistakes due to poor technical supervision and lack of process control by a third-party toll plant.
- 51 additional face and ore samples currently at ALS Laboratories in Lima, Peru pending results
- 50 kg metallurgical sample collected from the active SN 147 and SN 160 fronts in the 555 level and are being processed for gravimetric concentration testing of the ores at the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru
- We are planning to have a Qualified Person ("QP") on site within the next 60 days to begin the process for delivering an N.I. 43-101 Technical Report on property.
Taking into consideration the issues that can arise from third-party processing as well as the high shipping costs to a third-party plant, the joint venture parties have collectively determined the best course of action is to shift focus towards expediting the building of a 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will drastically change the dynamics of the Project, eliminate roughly 50% of the Project's costs, and substantially improve the economics at Cambalache.
"Although results from the first phase of production weren't as expected, we were able to acquire valuable data over the last few months that has helped us to locate adverse cost centers and allowed us to make the necessary changes to reduce those costs. The data has allowed us to further conclude that the Cambalache project can be extremely profitable with the 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will eliminate the high shipping costs, allow us to manage the processing and ore grade control, and add a zinc circuit to capitalize on the higher than expected zinc grades. With the plant on site the Company's breakeven point is estimated at 16 tons per day, which is very achievable in the near term," stated Mr. Sandberg, President & CEO. Mr. Sandberg went on to state, "Fortunately, we've been working towards this end already so we don't perceive it as a major setback to accomplishing our overall goal with Cambalache in 2014."
About Project Cambalache:
The project is a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
- Current production rate of 12 TPD produces approximately 1 ton of concentrate with a head grade of 8%.
- Project was previously producing until being shut down in early 1990's and only recently re-opened in late 2011. Located in a great silver mining area and just 12 km from Buenaventura's famous Julcani Mine
- Reported Grades from Assays - (Report: February, 2013)
- 11% Pb/T, 15 oz./T Ag (466 g/T Ag)
- Varying levels of Zn and Cu as potential products
- Reported high grade Ag ore shoot was developed at depth. It has been reported that on portal at 3,455 m.a.s.l., a high grade ore shoot, of direct shipping ore, was encountered. Some of the waste dumps found at the caved 3,455 m.a.s.l. portal have shown to be mineralized and are being economically exploited today.
- The 3,515 m.a.s.l crosscut has intercepted two of the three known veins that comprise the Veta Dos vein structure. Fresh cuts across the veins, showing they are there.
- Three identified low sulfidation veins with demonstrated 0.5 m - 10 m widths, 500 m lengths, and 250 m heights
- Project is easily accessible via Pan-American and Libertadores highways
- Project has mining, environmental, social, and plant permits
About Affinity Gold Corp.:
Affinity Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company engaged in the acquisition and development of near-term precious mineral production properties within Peru. Affinity Gold Corp.'s primary focus is on developing assets that have demonstrated historical production, contain documented and reliable data and can reasonably begin producing within 12-18 months at a cost of less than $900 per gold equivalent ounce.
For further information please refer to the Company's filings with the SEC on EDGAR available at www.sec.gov
This news release may include "forward-looking statements" regarding Affinity Gold Corp., and its subsidiaries, business and project plans. Such forward-looking statements are within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21E of the United States Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created by such sections. Where Affinity Gold Corp. expresses or implies an expectation or belief as to future events or results, such expectation or belief is believed to have a reasonable basis. However, forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected or implied by such forward-looking statements. Affinity Gold Corp. does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
AFFINITY GOLD CORP.
Corey J. Sandberg
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,266
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,958
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 23, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,320
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 23, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,052
Pentaho has announced orchestration capabilities that streamline the entire machine learning workflow and enable teams of data scientists, engineers and analysts to train, tune, test and deploy predictive models. Pentaho’s Data Integration and analytics platform ends the ‘gridlock’ associated with machine learning by enabling smooth team collaboration, maximizing limited data science resources and putting predictive models to work on big data faster – regardless of use case, industry, or languag...
Mar. 23, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,568
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 918
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 415
SYS-CON Events announced today that Addteq will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Addteq specializes in creating innovative solutions to solve business processes through the use of DevOps automation. Addteq was founded on the firm belief that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq's products and services are centered around the fundamental approach of understanding the pr...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,623
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,032
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 23, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 715
Peak 10 has announced that it has completed a 20,000 square foot expansion of its Cincinnati-area data center, a 6,000 square foot expansion of its data center campus in Charlotte’s University Research Park, and added a pair of seasoned executives to its leadership team. This further propels the company on its aggressive growth trajectory to meet the rising demand for flexible hybrid IT strategies and solutions across its enterprise customer base. Cincinnati is home to companies like Kroger, Pr...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,305
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 23, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,882
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 23, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,434
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 23, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,594