|By Marketwired .||
|May 30, 2014 02:54 PM EDT||
MAPLE GROVE, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/14 -- Affinity Gold Corp. (OTC Pink: AFYG) (PINKSHEETS: AFYG) ("Affinity" or "the Company") is pleased to provide an update on its Cambalache project, a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
UPDATES & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Since mid February, mine production increased to 13.8 tpd ore and 17 tpd waste while simultaneously focusing on mine development. A goal of reaching a production rate of 30 tpd was estimated to take 6-8 weeks of development while continuing to ore ship. Mine development during this period advanced on Level 555: 25m of galleries, 15m of raises and winzes, and 45m of sublevels for production. On Level 525, 40m of gallery was advanced. Total was 125m of mine development.
- In mid March, the first Ag-Pb concentrate sale took place from the February production. A total ore tonnage of 333 tonnes was processed at a third party mill generating 22.6 tonnes of concentrate resulting in a 14.7:1 concentration ratio with grades of 40.2% Pb, 113.7 oz Ag, 12.1% Zn and 6.8% Cu per tonne. The low Pb and Ag values along with the high Zn and Cu grades were attributed to poor plant supervision, principally in reactives added to the ore during processing, later acknowledge by the third-party toll plant manager. During proper supervision on second lot of ore treated at Minpar plant concentrates were generally assaying at 48-55% Pb and 120-165 oz Ag per tonne
- Back calculating from plant concentrate grades, show estimated face grades of 5% lead (Pb) and 13.74 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne before an estimated 50% dilution during mining.
- Previous grade estimates of the veins/lodes were 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne (Jalsovec, 2013). Since production commenced in February 2014 the average head grades have hovered around 8% lead (Pb) and 12 oz silver (Ag). It is estimated that the veins/lodes carry 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz silver (Ag) on average (Jalsovec 2013). Affinity Gold believes it can consistently realize these grades with a disciplined mine plan.
- Currently, the primary factors influencing economics of the operations via ore shipping are the shipping, toll plant processing fees and inadequate quality of concentrate resulting from lack of technical supervision and process control on behalf of the toll plant. Ore shipping costs are running at $54/T and toll plant processing costs running an estimated $53/T.
- The processing results obtained to date support the direction of building a gravimetric concentration plan on site which will virtually eliminate shipping costs and drastically reduce processing costs to one-third of current costs. Furthermore, and more importantly, this will ensure control over the ore processing and drastically reduce costly mistakes due to poor technical supervision and lack of process control by a third-party toll plant.
- 51 additional face and ore samples currently at ALS Laboratories in Lima, Peru pending results
- 50 kg metallurgical sample collected from the active SN 147 and SN 160 fronts in the 555 level and are being processed for gravimetric concentration testing of the ores at the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru
- We are planning to have a Qualified Person ("QP") on site within the next 60 days to begin the process for delivering an N.I. 43-101 Technical Report on property.
Taking into consideration the issues that can arise from third-party processing as well as the high shipping costs to a third-party plant, the joint venture parties have collectively determined the best course of action is to shift focus towards expediting the building of a 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will drastically change the dynamics of the Project, eliminate roughly 50% of the Project's costs, and substantially improve the economics at Cambalache.
"Although results from the first phase of production weren't as expected, we were able to acquire valuable data over the last few months that has helped us to locate adverse cost centers and allowed us to make the necessary changes to reduce those costs. The data has allowed us to further conclude that the Cambalache project can be extremely profitable with the 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will eliminate the high shipping costs, allow us to manage the processing and ore grade control, and add a zinc circuit to capitalize on the higher than expected zinc grades. With the plant on site the Company's breakeven point is estimated at 16 tons per day, which is very achievable in the near term," stated Mr. Sandberg, President & CEO. Mr. Sandberg went on to state, "Fortunately, we've been working towards this end already so we don't perceive it as a major setback to accomplishing our overall goal with Cambalache in 2014."
About Project Cambalache:
The project is a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
- Current production rate of 12 TPD produces approximately 1 ton of concentrate with a head grade of 8%.
- Project was previously producing until being shut down in early 1990's and only recently re-opened in late 2011. Located in a great silver mining area and just 12 km from Buenaventura's famous Julcani Mine
- Reported Grades from Assays - (Report: February, 2013)
- 11% Pb/T, 15 oz./T Ag (466 g/T Ag)
- Varying levels of Zn and Cu as potential products
- Reported high grade Ag ore shoot was developed at depth. It has been reported that on portal at 3,455 m.a.s.l., a high grade ore shoot, of direct shipping ore, was encountered. Some of the waste dumps found at the caved 3,455 m.a.s.l. portal have shown to be mineralized and are being economically exploited today.
- The 3,515 m.a.s.l crosscut has intercepted two of the three known veins that comprise the Veta Dos vein structure. Fresh cuts across the veins, showing they are there.
- Three identified low sulfidation veins with demonstrated 0.5 m - 10 m widths, 500 m lengths, and 250 m heights
- Project is easily accessible via Pan-American and Libertadores highways
- Project has mining, environmental, social, and plant permits
About Affinity Gold Corp.:
Affinity Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company engaged in the acquisition and development of near-term precious mineral production properties within Peru. Affinity Gold Corp.'s primary focus is on developing assets that have demonstrated historical production, contain documented and reliable data and can reasonably begin producing within 12-18 months at a cost of less than $900 per gold equivalent ounce.
For further information please refer to the Company's filings with the SEC on EDGAR available at www.sec.gov
This news release may include "forward-looking statements" regarding Affinity Gold Corp., and its subsidiaries, business and project plans. Such forward-looking statements are within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21E of the United States Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created by such sections. Where Affinity Gold Corp. expresses or implies an expectation or belief as to future events or results, such expectation or belief is believed to have a reasonable basis. However, forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected or implied by such forward-looking statements. Affinity Gold Corp. does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
AFFINITY GOLD CORP.
Corey J. Sandberg
The financial services market is one of the most data-driven industries in the world, yet it’s bogged down by legacy CPU technologies that simply can’t keep up with the task of querying and visualizing billions of records. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Jared Parker, Director of Financial Services at Kinetica, will discuss how the advent of advanced in-database analytics on the GPU makes it possible to run sophisticated data science workloads on the same database that is housing the rich inf...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,188
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the...
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 4,445
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Feb. 21, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 718
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 5,933
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Mike Johnston, an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io, will discuss how to use Kubernetes to setup a SaaS infrastructure for your business. Mike Johnston is an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io with over 12 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server and workstation infrastructure at all scales. He has experience with brick and mortar data centers as well as cloud providers like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace....
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,449
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,299
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 435
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,555
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 457
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 746
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,072
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,398
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann and Aruna Ravichandran have been named Co-Chairs of @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,206
SYS-CON Events announced today that Outlyer, a monitoring service for DevOps and operations teams, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Outlyer is a monitoring service for DevOps and Operations teams running Cloud, SaaS, Microservices and IoT deployments. Designed for today's dynamic environments that need beyond cloud-scale monitoring, we make monitoring effortless so you...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,232
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 774