|By Marketwired .||
|May 30, 2014 02:54 PM EDT||
MAPLE GROVE, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/14 -- Affinity Gold Corp. (OTC Pink: AFYG) (PINKSHEETS: AFYG) ("Affinity" or "the Company") is pleased to provide an update on its Cambalache project, a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
UPDATES & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Since mid February, mine production increased to 13.8 tpd ore and 17 tpd waste while simultaneously focusing on mine development. A goal of reaching a production rate of 30 tpd was estimated to take 6-8 weeks of development while continuing to ore ship. Mine development during this period advanced on Level 555: 25m of galleries, 15m of raises and winzes, and 45m of sublevels for production. On Level 525, 40m of gallery was advanced. Total was 125m of mine development.
- In mid March, the first Ag-Pb concentrate sale took place from the February production. A total ore tonnage of 333 tonnes was processed at a third party mill generating 22.6 tonnes of concentrate resulting in a 14.7:1 concentration ratio with grades of 40.2% Pb, 113.7 oz Ag, 12.1% Zn and 6.8% Cu per tonne. The low Pb and Ag values along with the high Zn and Cu grades were attributed to poor plant supervision, principally in reactives added to the ore during processing, later acknowledge by the third-party toll plant manager. During proper supervision on second lot of ore treated at Minpar plant concentrates were generally assaying at 48-55% Pb and 120-165 oz Ag per tonne
- Back calculating from plant concentrate grades, show estimated face grades of 5% lead (Pb) and 13.74 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne before an estimated 50% dilution during mining.
- Previous grade estimates of the veins/lodes were 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne (Jalsovec, 2013). Since production commenced in February 2014 the average head grades have hovered around 8% lead (Pb) and 12 oz silver (Ag). It is estimated that the veins/lodes carry 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz silver (Ag) on average (Jalsovec 2013). Affinity Gold believes it can consistently realize these grades with a disciplined mine plan.
- Currently, the primary factors influencing economics of the operations via ore shipping are the shipping, toll plant processing fees and inadequate quality of concentrate resulting from lack of technical supervision and process control on behalf of the toll plant. Ore shipping costs are running at $54/T and toll plant processing costs running an estimated $53/T.
- The processing results obtained to date support the direction of building a gravimetric concentration plan on site which will virtually eliminate shipping costs and drastically reduce processing costs to one-third of current costs. Furthermore, and more importantly, this will ensure control over the ore processing and drastically reduce costly mistakes due to poor technical supervision and lack of process control by a third-party toll plant.
- 51 additional face and ore samples currently at ALS Laboratories in Lima, Peru pending results
- 50 kg metallurgical sample collected from the active SN 147 and SN 160 fronts in the 555 level and are being processed for gravimetric concentration testing of the ores at the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru
- We are planning to have a Qualified Person ("QP") on site within the next 60 days to begin the process for delivering an N.I. 43-101 Technical Report on property.
Taking into consideration the issues that can arise from third-party processing as well as the high shipping costs to a third-party plant, the joint venture parties have collectively determined the best course of action is to shift focus towards expediting the building of a 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will drastically change the dynamics of the Project, eliminate roughly 50% of the Project's costs, and substantially improve the economics at Cambalache.
"Although results from the first phase of production weren't as expected, we were able to acquire valuable data over the last few months that has helped us to locate adverse cost centers and allowed us to make the necessary changes to reduce those costs. The data has allowed us to further conclude that the Cambalache project can be extremely profitable with the 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will eliminate the high shipping costs, allow us to manage the processing and ore grade control, and add a zinc circuit to capitalize on the higher than expected zinc grades. With the plant on site the Company's breakeven point is estimated at 16 tons per day, which is very achievable in the near term," stated Mr. Sandberg, President & CEO. Mr. Sandberg went on to state, "Fortunately, we've been working towards this end already so we don't perceive it as a major setback to accomplishing our overall goal with Cambalache in 2014."
About Project Cambalache:
The project is a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
- Current production rate of 12 TPD produces approximately 1 ton of concentrate with a head grade of 8%.
- Project was previously producing until being shut down in early 1990's and only recently re-opened in late 2011. Located in a great silver mining area and just 12 km from Buenaventura's famous Julcani Mine
- Reported Grades from Assays - (Report: February, 2013)
- 11% Pb/T, 15 oz./T Ag (466 g/T Ag)
- Varying levels of Zn and Cu as potential products
- Reported high grade Ag ore shoot was developed at depth. It has been reported that on portal at 3,455 m.a.s.l., a high grade ore shoot, of direct shipping ore, was encountered. Some of the waste dumps found at the caved 3,455 m.a.s.l. portal have shown to be mineralized and are being economically exploited today.
- The 3,515 m.a.s.l crosscut has intercepted two of the three known veins that comprise the Veta Dos vein structure. Fresh cuts across the veins, showing they are there.
- Three identified low sulfidation veins with demonstrated 0.5 m - 10 m widths, 500 m lengths, and 250 m heights
- Project is easily accessible via Pan-American and Libertadores highways
- Project has mining, environmental, social, and plant permits
About Affinity Gold Corp.:
Affinity Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company engaged in the acquisition and development of near-term precious mineral production properties within Peru. Affinity Gold Corp.'s primary focus is on developing assets that have demonstrated historical production, contain documented and reliable data and can reasonably begin producing within 12-18 months at a cost of less than $900 per gold equivalent ounce.
For further information please refer to the Company's filings with the SEC on EDGAR available at www.sec.gov
This news release may include "forward-looking statements" regarding Affinity Gold Corp., and its subsidiaries, business and project plans. Such forward-looking statements are within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21E of the United States Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created by such sections. Where Affinity Gold Corp. expresses or implies an expectation or belief as to future events or results, such expectation or belief is believed to have a reasonable basis. However, forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected or implied by such forward-looking statements. Affinity Gold Corp. does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
AFFINITY GOLD CORP.
Corey J. Sandberg
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 311
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,747
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,695
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 639
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,669
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,548
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 863
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 871
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,407
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,415