|By Marketwired .||
|May 30, 2014 02:54 PM EDT||
MAPLE GROVE, MN -- (Marketwired) -- 05/30/14 -- Affinity Gold Corp. (OTC Pink: AFYG) (PINKSHEETS: AFYG) ("Affinity" or "the Company") is pleased to provide an update on its Cambalache project, a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
UPDATES & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Since mid February, mine production increased to 13.8 tpd ore and 17 tpd waste while simultaneously focusing on mine development. A goal of reaching a production rate of 30 tpd was estimated to take 6-8 weeks of development while continuing to ore ship. Mine development during this period advanced on Level 555: 25m of galleries, 15m of raises and winzes, and 45m of sublevels for production. On Level 525, 40m of gallery was advanced. Total was 125m of mine development.
- In mid March, the first Ag-Pb concentrate sale took place from the February production. A total ore tonnage of 333 tonnes was processed at a third party mill generating 22.6 tonnes of concentrate resulting in a 14.7:1 concentration ratio with grades of 40.2% Pb, 113.7 oz Ag, 12.1% Zn and 6.8% Cu per tonne. The low Pb and Ag values along with the high Zn and Cu grades were attributed to poor plant supervision, principally in reactives added to the ore during processing, later acknowledge by the third-party toll plant manager. During proper supervision on second lot of ore treated at Minpar plant concentrates were generally assaying at 48-55% Pb and 120-165 oz Ag per tonne
- Back calculating from plant concentrate grades, show estimated face grades of 5% lead (Pb) and 13.74 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne before an estimated 50% dilution during mining.
- Previous grade estimates of the veins/lodes were 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz. silver (Ag) per tonne (Jalsovec, 2013). Since production commenced in February 2014 the average head grades have hovered around 8% lead (Pb) and 12 oz silver (Ag). It is estimated that the veins/lodes carry 10% lead (Pb) and 15 oz silver (Ag) on average (Jalsovec 2013). Affinity Gold believes it can consistently realize these grades with a disciplined mine plan.
- Currently, the primary factors influencing economics of the operations via ore shipping are the shipping, toll plant processing fees and inadequate quality of concentrate resulting from lack of technical supervision and process control on behalf of the toll plant. Ore shipping costs are running at $54/T and toll plant processing costs running an estimated $53/T.
- The processing results obtained to date support the direction of building a gravimetric concentration plan on site which will virtually eliminate shipping costs and drastically reduce processing costs to one-third of current costs. Furthermore, and more importantly, this will ensure control over the ore processing and drastically reduce costly mistakes due to poor technical supervision and lack of process control by a third-party toll plant.
- 51 additional face and ore samples currently at ALS Laboratories in Lima, Peru pending results
- 50 kg metallurgical sample collected from the active SN 147 and SN 160 fronts in the 555 level and are being processed for gravimetric concentration testing of the ores at the Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria in Lima, Peru
- We are planning to have a Qualified Person ("QP") on site within the next 60 days to begin the process for delivering an N.I. 43-101 Technical Report on property.
Taking into consideration the issues that can arise from third-party processing as well as the high shipping costs to a third-party plant, the joint venture parties have collectively determined the best course of action is to shift focus towards expediting the building of a 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will drastically change the dynamics of the Project, eliminate roughly 50% of the Project's costs, and substantially improve the economics at Cambalache.
"Although results from the first phase of production weren't as expected, we were able to acquire valuable data over the last few months that has helped us to locate adverse cost centers and allowed us to make the necessary changes to reduce those costs. The data has allowed us to further conclude that the Cambalache project can be extremely profitable with the 100 tpd gravimetric concentration plant on site. This will eliminate the high shipping costs, allow us to manage the processing and ore grade control, and add a zinc circuit to capitalize on the higher than expected zinc grades. With the plant on site the Company's breakeven point is estimated at 16 tons per day, which is very achievable in the near term," stated Mr. Sandberg, President & CEO. Mr. Sandberg went on to state, "Fortunately, we've been working towards this end already so we don't perceive it as a major setback to accomplishing our overall goal with Cambalache in 2014."
About Project Cambalache:
The project is a silver (Ag) and lead (Pb) producing, low sulphidation polymetalic lode deposit, located in District of Lircay, Province of Angaraes, Department of Huancavelica to the southeast of Lima, Peru. The project is located at an elevation of 3,466 - 4,790 m.a.s.l. approximately 519 Km from Lima, capital of Peru, via the South-PanAmerican Highway.
- Current production rate of 12 TPD produces approximately 1 ton of concentrate with a head grade of 8%.
- Project was previously producing until being shut down in early 1990's and only recently re-opened in late 2011. Located in a great silver mining area and just 12 km from Buenaventura's famous Julcani Mine
- Reported Grades from Assays - (Report: February, 2013)
- 11% Pb/T, 15 oz./T Ag (466 g/T Ag)
- Varying levels of Zn and Cu as potential products
- Reported high grade Ag ore shoot was developed at depth. It has been reported that on portal at 3,455 m.a.s.l., a high grade ore shoot, of direct shipping ore, was encountered. Some of the waste dumps found at the caved 3,455 m.a.s.l. portal have shown to be mineralized and are being economically exploited today.
- The 3,515 m.a.s.l crosscut has intercepted two of the three known veins that comprise the Veta Dos vein structure. Fresh cuts across the veins, showing they are there.
- Three identified low sulfidation veins with demonstrated 0.5 m - 10 m widths, 500 m lengths, and 250 m heights
- Project is easily accessible via Pan-American and Libertadores highways
- Project has mining, environmental, social, and plant permits
About Affinity Gold Corp.:
Affinity Gold Corp. is a mineral exploration and development company engaged in the acquisition and development of near-term precious mineral production properties within Peru. Affinity Gold Corp.'s primary focus is on developing assets that have demonstrated historical production, contain documented and reliable data and can reasonably begin producing within 12-18 months at a cost of less than $900 per gold equivalent ounce.
For further information please refer to the Company's filings with the SEC on EDGAR available at www.sec.gov
This news release may include "forward-looking statements" regarding Affinity Gold Corp., and its subsidiaries, business and project plans. Such forward-looking statements are within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21E of the United States Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and are intended to be covered by the safe harbor created by such sections. Where Affinity Gold Corp. expresses or implies an expectation or belief as to future events or results, such expectation or belief is believed to have a reasonable basis. However, forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected or implied by such forward-looking statements. Affinity Gold Corp. does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement, except as required under applicable law.
AFFINITY GOLD CORP.
Corey J. Sandberg
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 301
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 28, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 442
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 402
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 164
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 811
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:01 PM EDT
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 133
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 407
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 106
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 143
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 444
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 186