|By Business Wire||
|June 2, 2014 05:00 AM EDT||
Designed for flexible productivity and personal entertainment, Dell today unveiled its new Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 tablets, Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1, Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1, Inspiron 20 3000 Series AIO, and announced the worldwide availability of the new Dell UltraSharp UZ2715H, UZ2315H, and UZ2215H Multimedia Monitors. The new products include innovative form factors and connectivity options that will liberate families, students, and professionals alike to work when they need to and play when they want.
Dell Venue Pro 7 and 8 tablets (Photo: Business Wire)
“The Dell Venue tablets and Inspiron 2-in-1s are designed to be essential companions to power projects, provide entertainment, and share meaningful moments with family and friends,” said Sam Burd, vice president and general manager, Dell Personal Computing Product Group. “Dell customers have more flexibility than ever before to have their technology move with them throughout the day and become a seamless part of their lives.”
Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 Tablets: Solid performance in an eye-catching design
The updated Dell Venue 7 and 8 tablets enable people to experience enjoyable entertainment and productivity in an attractive, thin, and light design. Whether reviewing a presentation or kicking back to watch movies, the HD (Venue 7) and Full HD (Venue 8) screens deliver brighter viewing angles and a better viewing experience, even outdoors. Premium audio technology from Waves MAXXAudio Pro ensures great sound quality, especially when paired with the optional Dell Bluetooth Portable Speaker. Based on Android 4.4 “Kit Kat”, the tablets feature the latest Intel Atom Z3460 (Venue 7) and Z3480 (Venue 8) processors (“Merrifield”) to drive faster web browsing and media editing, contributing to a premium mobility experience at a price that’s pleasing to the wallet. The new Dell Venue tablets also feature an easy-grip design on the back, and both are available in red or black color options.
Dell Venue Accessories: Effortlessly adapt to your day
From a professional who wants the option of a keyboard for typing to a music buff requiring optimal speakers, Dell has a full range of optional accessories to customize the Dell Venue tablet experience.
- Stay connected with the Dell Venue Cradle (coming soon), designed specifically for the Dell Venue 8. Now, people can wirelessly charge their device while they use it. Simply place your Venue 8 on the cradle and comfortably surf the web or watch videos while charging the battery.
- When it’s time to take the Dell Venue on-the-go, a brightly-colored, dual-layer Dell Duo Tablet Case will keep the device safe while making a stylish statement. Similarly, the sophisticated Dell Venue Rotating Folio for the Dell Venue 8 provides dependable protection, while the 360-degree screen rotation allows for smooth, stable positioning in portrait or landscape modes.
- The Dell Bluetooth Keyboard Folio provides a wireless Android keyboard for easy, natural typing. Designed for travel, the cover provides protection for the Dell Venue 8 screen and also folds into a stand for hands-free use.
- Whether providing the soundtrack for a road trip or starting a dance party, the Dell Bluetooth Portable Speaker provides easy connection for a wide variety of devices with Bluetooth 4.0 wireless and NFC connectivity to tap-and-pair and tap-and-connect with NFC-equipped devices. It offers up to 10 hours of continuous play, a wireless range of up to 30 feet, and built-in microphone for hands-free calls.
Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 Devices: Outstanding Versatility, Exceptional Value
Consumers seeking the best of both the PC and tablet worlds will achieve more with the new Inspiron 2-in-1 devices that enable users to flip from scrolling to typing in an instant. Both the 11-inch and 13-inch systems feature an innovative hinge design that rotates 360 degrees between laptop, easel, tent, and tablet configurations. A variety of scenarios, from comfortably typing a term paper on the conventional keyboard to paging through an e-book in tablet mode, are enjoyable with the 10-finger capacitive touch display. The latest Intel processors provide fast, responsive performance to power through tasks such as working on a project or web chatting with friends and family. New features on all Inspiron products include 20GB of Dropbox cloud storage for sharing, saving and collaborating, and facial recognition software to make using password-enabled web sites safer.
- The Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 with up to Intel Pentium quad-core processors delivers exceptional mobility and offers 500 GB1 of generous storage capacity so people can bring all of their videos, pictures, and music with them wherever they go. The light weight and up to 8 hours, 18 minutes of battery life2 makes a day spent dashing around town easy and productive. When it’s time to transition into play mode, the edge-to-edge display and wide viewing angles are perfect for watching TV shows or movies in the tablet stand or tent mode. Waves MAXXAudio technology completes the immersive entertainment experience with a startlingly realistic soundstage.
- The Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 with 4th generation Intel Core processors offers additional upscale features such as a backlit keyboard for productivity, and a 13.3-inch display, up to Full HD resolution, for an amazing, immersive viewing experience. The built-in passive stylus is perfect for note-taking or fine edits to drawings, and the complimentary 20GB Dropbox storage ensures that important documents are always accessible.
Dell Inspiron 20 3000 Series All-in-One (AIO) PC: Attractive Feature Set, Small Footprint
The new Inspiron 20 3000 Series AIO is the latest entry-level AIO from Dell that packs an attractive feature set and premium speakers into a radically thin and light design. With a 19.5-inch HD display, and with up to Intel Pentium quad-core processors, this AIO is light enough to easily move around the house as needed, allowing families to choose how they view their content and where. If families want to use it primarily as a family PC in the den, but occasionally move it to a child’s room for quiet concentration when doing homework, it’s easy to do so. The AIO has an adjustable A-frame stand for multiple viewing options, and a comfortable, intuitive experience no matter where or how you place it. With Waves MAXXAudio and an integrated sub-woofer, great sound for enjoyable media consumption doesn’t have to come at a high price.
Dell UltraSharp Multimedia Monitors: Seamless Connectivity, Borderless Collaboration
The new 27-inch, 23-inch, and 21.5-inch Dell UltraSharp Multimedia Monitors are designed to take connectivity to the next level. The monitors offer a complete multimedia configuration, spanning brilliant Full HD screen resolution, customized views, and a 2.0 Megapixel Full HD webcam. The displays come optimized for Microsoft Lync, allowing users to make voice and video calls through the computer to Lync users, ideal for collaborating via screen-sharing and virtual whiteboards, or catching up with friends and family. During video chats, participants will see and hear each other with remarkable clarity, enjoying 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution across an ultra-wide 178 degree/178 degree viewing angle with built-in echo cancellation.
Availability and Pricing
- The Dell Venue 7 and 8 tablets will be available from July 1 on Dell.com starting at $159.99 for the Dell Venue 7 and $199.99 for the Dell Venue 8
- The Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 will be available from June 19 on Dell.com starting at $449.99
- The UltraSharp Monitors are available from June 3 on Dell.com starting at: $449.99 (UZ2715H); $299.99 (UZ2315H); $269.99 (UZ2215H)
- The Inspiron 20 3000 Series AIO is available from July 1st on Dell.com the United States. It is available now in select countries around the world starting at $349.99
- The Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 will be available in September
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell, Dell Venue and Inspiron are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
1 Hard drives: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
2 Battery life: Tested by Dell Labs during April, 2014. Tested system equipped with Intel Celeron Dual Core Processor, Intel HD Graphics, 4 GB DDR3L system memory, 500 GB HDD, HD display, 3-cell 43 WHr battery and X20 BIOS. Based on testing using the Mobile Mark 2012 battery life benchmark test. For more information about this benchmark test, visit www.bapco.com. Test results should be used only to compare one product with another and are not a guarantee you will experience the same battery life. Battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on your product’s configuration, software, usage, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time and use.
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
May. 1, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,732
May. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,054
Apr. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 679
Apr. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,095
Apr. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
Apr. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 715
Apr. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,055
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 576
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 758
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,668
Apr. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 568
Apr. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
Apr. 30, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 765
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,717