|By Business Wire||
|June 2, 2014 02:36 PM EDT||
Wargaming on iOS just got better. Introducing Warfare Nations by VOLV Interactive, an online strategy game following in the footsteps of Advance Wars and Neo Geo classic Metal Slug. Warfare Nations can be downloaded for free from the App Store today.
The Great War has descended upon Europe. You’re the Commander, the only one standing between glorious victory and certain death. Your troops need your leadership–now more than ever—to survive one of the bloodiest conflicts in human history. Enter the shallow trenches of Europe and show the world what true fighting spirit looks like!
Choose a side (Silver Fox or North Polar), and then assemble troops and resources in order to take over enemy bases of increasing difficulty. Train your troops (riflemen, sharpshooters, medics, grenadiers and more); build armor units (armored cars, lightweight/heavy tanks); summon air support when needed (air superiority fighters, bombers); and establish outposts on enemy territory to generate indispensable iron and gold—the key resources for expanding your army and upgrading your troops.
“Warfare Nations offers players the complexity of a PC strategy game with the usability of a mobile app. It’s a game we’ve wanted to make for a long time—and we’re happy it turned out the way it did,” says Jack He, marketing manager at VOLV Interactive. “We think players will enjoy the look of Warfare Nations as well as the soundtrack inspired by epic war movies. Silver Fox or North Polar? May the best army win!”
Warfare Nations can be played solo (single-player campaign) or against opponents from all over the world through the PvP Outpost.
- Two sides to every story: Pledge your allegiance to either Silver Fox or North Polar.
- War can be beautiful: Gorgeous retina graphics with 4 unique environments--Outskirts, Forest, Countryside, and Ruins.
- Dominate both land and sky with 50+ powerful combat units: 9 different infantry troops and armored units, plus 7 unique air support units.
- Conduct research to take your army to the next level: 35+ resource bases to explore and research new technologies.
- Draw your troops into battle: Line-drawing control system (think Flight Control).
- Engage in boss fights: 7 personality-laden bosses between levels—each fight worthy of a victory bonus.
- Build your army: Collect enough gold and iron to upgrade your HQ and strengthen your troops.
- Quick online battles: Always fast-paced—with just 1 minute to get started, and 5 minutes per round.
- Obliterate your enemies online: Challenge thousands of other players, raid their bases, and enjoy the spoils of war!
- Marching madness: Awesome soundtrack that pays homage to the heroic war movies of the 20th century.
- Smooth operator: Seamless connection for smartphones and tablets with matchmaking; supports Wi-Fi and 2G/3G/4G.
Warfare Nations is free to download and play. A discounted Starter Pack will be available for a limited time ($1.99)—providing players with enough diamonds, iron, and gold to teach the enemy a few valuable life lessons :)
About VOLV Interactive
VOLV Interactive was founded in 2011 by Yuqi Tian and is based in Beijing, China. The studio is incredibly passionate about strategy and simulation and has released a number of mobile titles over the years—including Ace Wings Online, Black Operations, and Call of Victory. For more information on VOLV Interactive, please visit http://volvapps.com/
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,459
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 902
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,457
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,670
Oct. 21, 2016 03:54 PM EDT
Oct. 21, 2016 03:31 PM EDT
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 257
Oct. 21, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,353
Oct. 21, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 11,142
Oct. 21, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,399
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,427
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,196
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,778
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 568
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 630