|By Business Wire||
|June 2, 2014 02:36 PM EDT||
Wargaming on iOS just got better. Introducing Warfare Nations by VOLV Interactive, an online strategy game following in the footsteps of Advance Wars and Neo Geo classic Metal Slug. Warfare Nations can be downloaded for free from the App Store today.
The Great War has descended upon Europe. You’re the Commander, the only one standing between glorious victory and certain death. Your troops need your leadership–now more than ever—to survive one of the bloodiest conflicts in human history. Enter the shallow trenches of Europe and show the world what true fighting spirit looks like!
Choose a side (Silver Fox or North Polar), and then assemble troops and resources in order to take over enemy bases of increasing difficulty. Train your troops (riflemen, sharpshooters, medics, grenadiers and more); build armor units (armored cars, lightweight/heavy tanks); summon air support when needed (air superiority fighters, bombers); and establish outposts on enemy territory to generate indispensable iron and gold—the key resources for expanding your army and upgrading your troops.
“Warfare Nations offers players the complexity of a PC strategy game with the usability of a mobile app. It’s a game we’ve wanted to make for a long time—and we’re happy it turned out the way it did,” says Jack He, marketing manager at VOLV Interactive. “We think players will enjoy the look of Warfare Nations as well as the soundtrack inspired by epic war movies. Silver Fox or North Polar? May the best army win!”
Warfare Nations can be played solo (single-player campaign) or against opponents from all over the world through the PvP Outpost.
- Two sides to every story: Pledge your allegiance to either Silver Fox or North Polar.
- War can be beautiful: Gorgeous retina graphics with 4 unique environments--Outskirts, Forest, Countryside, and Ruins.
- Dominate both land and sky with 50+ powerful combat units: 9 different infantry troops and armored units, plus 7 unique air support units.
- Conduct research to take your army to the next level: 35+ resource bases to explore and research new technologies.
- Draw your troops into battle: Line-drawing control system (think Flight Control).
- Engage in boss fights: 7 personality-laden bosses between levels—each fight worthy of a victory bonus.
- Build your army: Collect enough gold and iron to upgrade your HQ and strengthen your troops.
- Quick online battles: Always fast-paced—with just 1 minute to get started, and 5 minutes per round.
- Obliterate your enemies online: Challenge thousands of other players, raid their bases, and enjoy the spoils of war!
- Marching madness: Awesome soundtrack that pays homage to the heroic war movies of the 20th century.
- Smooth operator: Seamless connection for smartphones and tablets with matchmaking; supports Wi-Fi and 2G/3G/4G.
Warfare Nations is free to download and play. A discounted Starter Pack will be available for a limited time ($1.99)—providing players with enough diamonds, iron, and gold to teach the enemy a few valuable life lessons :)
About VOLV Interactive
VOLV Interactive was founded in 2011 by Yuqi Tian and is based in Beijing, China. The studio is incredibly passionate about strategy and simulation and has released a number of mobile titles over the years—including Ace Wings Online, Black Operations, and Call of Victory. For more information on VOLV Interactive, please visit http://volvapps.com/
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,803
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT
Aug. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,206
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,904
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,022
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,405
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,664
Aug. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,015
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
Aug. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,263
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,902
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,287
Aug. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,877
Aug. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,718