|By Business Wire||
|June 2, 2014 08:00 PM EDT||
Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks introduced the latest generation of its SparX-III™ Ethernet switches – VSC7420-04, VSC7421-04 and VSC7422-04 – optimized for industrial IoT applications, including building automation, manufacturing automation, intelligent transportation, smart energy, and video surveillance/security. Leveraging Vitesse’s newest SparX-III family, turnkey Ethernet hardware and software reference system and ODM model enables nearly 70% faster time-to-market over traditional methods.
“We see industrial IoT networks standardizing on Ethernet, which introduces a host of new requirements including low power, security and stringent reliability,” said Andy Ebert, senior product marketing manager at Vitesse. “OEM design and development costs typically skyrocket due to the variety of industrial systems and applications they must support. Vitesse offers a way to serve highly-diverse IoT market needs with a finite set of hardware and software solutions, generating significant OEM savings in development, inventory and certification costs.”
Next-Generation Ethernet Switches Aligned With IoT Networking Demands
Vitesse’s latest SparX-III Ethernet switches support a variety of port counts, combinations of multiple interfaces, and advanced feature sets either using a single device, or a combination of multiple devices with compatible footprints. SparX-III family features include:
- Energy Efficiency: Featuring Vitesse's EcoEthernet™ 2.0, the SparX-III Ethernet switches, combined with the industry’s only 12-port i-temp PHY – VSC8522 – enable a broad range of energy efficient Gigabit Ethernet platforms, ranging from single chip, 10-port to 2-chip, 24-port count solutions;
- Rugged I-Temp Support: Vitesse’s SparX-III Ethernet switch family is available with i-temp support, readily meeting systems requirements for rugged industrial and outdoor environments;
- Unmanaged to Lightly Managed Intelligence: For optimal network control and delivery of differentiated services, Vitesse’s SparX-III Ethernet switches deliver basic VLAN, Q-in-Q, Quality of Service (QoS) and rate limiting processing.
Sampling now, the family includes:
- VSC7420-04: 10-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with eight fully integrated copper PHYs
17-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with 12 fully integrated copper
- VSC7422-04: 25-Port Layer-2 Gigabit Ethernet switch with 12 fully integrated copper PHYs
Vitesse at Computex 2014
Vitesse will showcase its latest generation Ethernet products in a private demonstration suite at Computex Taipei from June 3-7, 2014. Meetings are by appointment only.
Vitesse (Nasdaq: VTSS) designs a diverse portfolio of high-performance semiconductor solutions for Carrier, Enterprise and IoT networks worldwide. Vitesse products enable the fastest-growing network infrastructure markets including Mobile Access/IP Edge, Cloud Computing, SMB/SME Enterprise and IoT Networking. Visit www.vitesse.com or follow us on Twitter @VitesseSemi.
Vitesse is a registered trademark and SparX-III and EcoEthernet are trademarks of Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective holders.
Jul. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 920
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 228
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,550
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,030
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,636
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,297
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,417
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,605
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,128
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,511
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 657
Jul. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Jul. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,700
Jul. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,391