|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 12:05 AM EDT||
BEAVERTON, OR -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 --
- Six G.hn demonstrations wow visitors at Computex booth -- showcasing G.hn over powerlines, coaxial cable, copper pairs, and plastic optical fiber
- The exciting 7-node interoperability demo that led the way at CES 2014 event has been enhanced to show high capacity and the future-proof nature of G.hn
- HomeGrid continues its tradition of hosting a press conference and seminar revealing latest G.hn news at Computex
HomeGrid Forum today announced, after several years of participation through well-visited seminars and press conferences, an expanded presence at Computex Taipei with the addition of a major booth presence at the show. Located in the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), Exhibition hall 1 on the first floor, HomeGrid's booth (number A0926) is dedicated to showcasing G.hn over all four mediums: powerlines, coaxial cable, copper pairs, and plastic optical fiber; a first for the industry.
The HomeGrid booth has the following demonstrations:
- Powerline - two demonstrations
- A 7-node demo - showing very high traffic, Ultra-HD support, and a large network of seven different G.hn systems from seven vendors that have G.hn silicon chips from three vendors, which shows maximum interop!
- MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) - showing a mixed network of MIMO and SISO (single input, single output) G.hn devices and how they interoperate.
- Coax - G.hn operating over coax while coexisting with the widely deployed HomePNA technology demonstration from Sigma Designs shows G.hn coexistence and convergence.
- Copper Pairs - HomeGrid has two different copper pair networks on display. The first is a G.hn copper pair based home network. The second displays Marvell's G.now MDU implementation based on G.hn, showcasing the ability of G.hn to meet the needs of many varied applications.
- Plastic Optical Fiber (POF) - while the main focus of G.hn is reusing existing in-home wiring types, in some cases a cheap, simple to install new wiring system may be appropriate. This is where POF comes in. This demo shows just how well G.hn operates over this new medium.
- eHome application - this highlights Metanoia's vision of G.hn as the backbone network for the eHome with Chunghwa Telecom's MOD service delivered cleanly over G.hn.
John Egan, President of HomeGrid Forum, said, "We are continuing to set the bar even higher for performance and complete home coverage with G.hn. Each of these demonstrations is focused on showing how we've taken G.hn from concept to reality and now to deployments. G.hn works over any wired medium and fiber, and it obsoletes all single-medium technologies with its flexibility, capabilities, and robustness. And, best of all for the user and for the service provider... 'it just works!'"
Egan continued, "In addition to this first ever booth, we have a press conference and seminar set for 05 June, where industry experts from China, Taiwan, and elsewhere share their visions for G.hn. And, during the event, we will display another aspect to G.hn that others just can't match."
Egan concluded, "We would like to thank Taiwan's Institute for Information Industry (III) for its tireless efforts to promote G.hn and help HomeGrid bring our message to Asia. Without the help and contributions of III we would not have the extensive presence in Asia and at Computex Taipei."
HomeGrid Forum's comprehensive G.hn home networking demonstrations are on display at Computex Taipei, Taiwan, 03-07 June 2014. HomeGrid's booth is located in Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC), in Exhibition hall 1 on the first floor, booth A0926. To arrange a briefing to meet with the Forum's representatives please contact Sheila Lashford at [email protected] or Sherry Lee at [email protected].
HomeGrid holds five demos at #Computex showing G.hn's flexibility and robustness
The excitement for G.hn reaches new highs at this year's #Computex, visit HomeGrid at its booth 1F A0926 in hall 1
HomeGrid's 7-node demo at #Computex has: 7 G.hn systems from 7 system vendors with G.hn silicon chips from 4 silicon vendors. That's interop!
About HomeGrid Forum
HomeGrid Forum (HGF) is an industry alliance that brings together the world's best in technology innovators, silicon vendors, system manufacturers and service providers to promote G.hn, a globally recognized gigabit home networking technology based on ITU-T standards. Over 70 members promote the global adoption of G.hn, a single unified, multi-sourced networking technology -- over coax, copper pairs, powerline, and plastic optical fiber -- while continuing to support HomePNA deployments and their transition to G.hn. HomeGrid Forum provides G.hn silicon and system certification through a strict compliance and interoperability testing program. For more information on HomeGrid Forum, please visit our website at www.homegridforum.org.
Follow us on @homegrid_forum
G.now is a trademark of Marvell Semiconductor
For more information please contact
+44 (0) 7986 514240
+44 (0) 1636 812152
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 984
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,906
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 799
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 633
Jul. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,425
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,221
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,382
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,039
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 944
Jul. 23, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,006
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,768
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,876