|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 02:09 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- Whether you're a hockey, soccer, baseball, football or just an all-round sports fan, you know the importance of finding a good spot to watch the game. Some of the must haves include big TV screens, overflowing beer, some good chow and fans, fans, fans. Sports fanatics circle the globe and so too do great sports bars. So the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have gone global in their quest to find great spots for catching a game with their list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world.
Planning to watch the Stanley Cup? World Cup? Baseball? Or simply looking for a watering hole to hang out and watch some good sports? Then check out this selection of six sports bars from our list that offer the best seats in the house to catch the action -- no matter what your game.
- Cheers Bar, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - Round-the-clock sports are the name of the game at Cheers Bar: This establishment, where (we're sure) everybody knows his or her favourite player's name, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recently voted Best Sports Bar in Australia and New Zealand for the second year in a row, Cheers has become a go-to for soccer, rugby and football fans looking to, well, cheer on their teams. And with everything from bacon and eggs to pasture-fed sirloin steaks on the menu, you may as well make a day of it.
- Real Sports Bar & Grill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Real Sports is the real deal. "Go big or go home" isn't just a mantra here -- it's a way of life. With a 39-foot high-definition screen as its centrepiece, almost 200 additional screens, 114 taps, 14 wing flavours, 11 gourmet burgers and a clientele that includes professional athletes, this is a destination designed for die-hard fans. If you can't get to the field, the rink or the court, Real Sports is a close second. Every Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m., the bar hosts a "tab grab" -- enter your table number through a tweet or Facebook post for a chance to get the bar to foot your bill for the night. Score.
- The Four's - Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States - It seems fitting that sports-crazed Boston, a city whose teams are part of some of the most deep-seated sports rivalries around (think Red Sox vs. Yankees and Bruins vs. Canadiens), would play host to a long list of well-known sports bars. But The Four's stands out both for its location (just down the street from TD Garden -- home of the Bruins and the Celtics) and its extensive display of New England sports team collectibles (things like jerseys worn and signed by famous Celtics players and iconic game photos). Sports journalists, professional athletes and coaches have all been known to drop in over the years. With 42 flat screens, 22 beers and two other locations just outside Boston, The Four's is a perfect place to park for the game. Don't forget to try the award-winning New England clam chowder and the ever-popular Bobby Orr steak sandwich.
- Riley's Haymarket, London, England - Situated among some of London's best theatres, this haven for sports enthusiasts stands out in the crowd. With 34 screens and four extra-large screens broadcasting 70 channels, fans won't be at a loss when it comes to catching their game of choice -- sports are centre stage. Riley's can accommodate about 600 patrons at any given time, so you're guaranteed to be in good company if you're planning to do a little hootin' and hollerin' at the TV. Feel like getting in on the action? Slide on over to one of the bar's pool or ping pong tables for a little healthy competition of your own. A VIP bar, American-style diner and DJ nights round out the Riley's experience.
- The Great Canadian Pub, Paris, France - Yep, you read that right - a Canadian sports bar in Paris. In fact, TGC (as the regulars call it) is the only all-Canadian pub in the City of Light. Situated on Paris's Left Bank, the bar boasts a terrace that beckons to guests come summer. A pair of expats, who were also teammates at Meudon Hockey Club in the 1990s, opened the pub in 2005 after spending years longing for the adrenaline-fuelled sports bars of their homeland. And these Canadians didn't cut any corners: a menu packed with hearty, home-cooked grub (yes, poutine), happy hours Monday through Thursday, weekend brunch, Monday night wing nights (featuring 50-cent wings from 7 to 11 p.m.), five giant TVs and huge maple leaves adorning the bar. You can bet your bottom loonie (or euro) if there's a hockey game going on, it will be playing here. So, cozy up to your fellow rink rats (avec one of the pub's famous Bloody Caesars); les sports never looked so good.
- Boxers NYC and Boxers HK, New York, New York, United States - After breaking a sweat, members of the Big Apple's LGBT sports leagues file into Boxers, one of New York City's gay sports bars. With locations in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea, Boxers airs games (think college and pro football, basketball and more) on more than 20 flat-screen TVs. There's never a dull moment here with karaoke night every Tuesday, boozy brunch seven days a week (we're talking $20 for unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis when you buy an entrée), happy hours featuring two-for-one drinks Tuesdays and Wednesdays and free pool tournaments Sundays. You might end up cheering for more than just your team: For your added viewing pleasure, topless male bartenders donning none other than (only) their boxer briefs sling drinks at this sports-bar-gay-club-combo
The fan-friendly sports bars rounding out our list are: The Fireman's Arms, Cape Town, South Africa; The Sportsman, Bangkok, Thailand; Satellite Sports Café, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Underdoggs Sports Bar, New Delhi, India; and Belushi's Bar, Barcelona, Spain. To read the fanatic details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/go-watch-game-11-awesome-sports-bars-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608727
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Dec. 9, 2016 12:12 PM EST Reads: 143
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 7,360
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,233
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,370
Application transformation and DevOps practices are two sides of the same coin. Enterprises that want to capture value faster, need to deliver value faster – time value of money principle. To do that enterprises need to build cloud-native apps as microservices by empowering teams to build, ship, and run in production. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Neil Gehani, senior product manager at HPE, discussed what every business should plan for how to structure their teams to delive...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,536
"We analyze the video streaming experience. We are gathering the user behavior in real time from the user devices and we analyze how users experience the video streaming," explained Eric Kim, Founder and CEO at Streamlyzer, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 684
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,004
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 526
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:21 AM EST Reads: 205
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 729
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 707
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,092
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 438
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,926
Dec. 9, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,985