|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 02:09 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- Whether you're a hockey, soccer, baseball, football or just an all-round sports fan, you know the importance of finding a good spot to watch the game. Some of the must haves include big TV screens, overflowing beer, some good chow and fans, fans, fans. Sports fanatics circle the globe and so too do great sports bars. So the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have gone global in their quest to find great spots for catching a game with their list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world.
Planning to watch the Stanley Cup? World Cup? Baseball? Or simply looking for a watering hole to hang out and watch some good sports? Then check out this selection of six sports bars from our list that offer the best seats in the house to catch the action -- no matter what your game.
- Cheers Bar, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - Round-the-clock sports are the name of the game at Cheers Bar: This establishment, where (we're sure) everybody knows his or her favourite player's name, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recently voted Best Sports Bar in Australia and New Zealand for the second year in a row, Cheers has become a go-to for soccer, rugby and football fans looking to, well, cheer on their teams. And with everything from bacon and eggs to pasture-fed sirloin steaks on the menu, you may as well make a day of it.
- Real Sports Bar & Grill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Real Sports is the real deal. "Go big or go home" isn't just a mantra here -- it's a way of life. With a 39-foot high-definition screen as its centrepiece, almost 200 additional screens, 114 taps, 14 wing flavours, 11 gourmet burgers and a clientele that includes professional athletes, this is a destination designed for die-hard fans. If you can't get to the field, the rink or the court, Real Sports is a close second. Every Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m., the bar hosts a "tab grab" -- enter your table number through a tweet or Facebook post for a chance to get the bar to foot your bill for the night. Score.
- The Four's - Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States - It seems fitting that sports-crazed Boston, a city whose teams are part of some of the most deep-seated sports rivalries around (think Red Sox vs. Yankees and Bruins vs. Canadiens), would play host to a long list of well-known sports bars. But The Four's stands out both for its location (just down the street from TD Garden -- home of the Bruins and the Celtics) and its extensive display of New England sports team collectibles (things like jerseys worn and signed by famous Celtics players and iconic game photos). Sports journalists, professional athletes and coaches have all been known to drop in over the years. With 42 flat screens, 22 beers and two other locations just outside Boston, The Four's is a perfect place to park for the game. Don't forget to try the award-winning New England clam chowder and the ever-popular Bobby Orr steak sandwich.
- Riley's Haymarket, London, England - Situated among some of London's best theatres, this haven for sports enthusiasts stands out in the crowd. With 34 screens and four extra-large screens broadcasting 70 channels, fans won't be at a loss when it comes to catching their game of choice -- sports are centre stage. Riley's can accommodate about 600 patrons at any given time, so you're guaranteed to be in good company if you're planning to do a little hootin' and hollerin' at the TV. Feel like getting in on the action? Slide on over to one of the bar's pool or ping pong tables for a little healthy competition of your own. A VIP bar, American-style diner and DJ nights round out the Riley's experience.
- The Great Canadian Pub, Paris, France - Yep, you read that right - a Canadian sports bar in Paris. In fact, TGC (as the regulars call it) is the only all-Canadian pub in the City of Light. Situated on Paris's Left Bank, the bar boasts a terrace that beckons to guests come summer. A pair of expats, who were also teammates at Meudon Hockey Club in the 1990s, opened the pub in 2005 after spending years longing for the adrenaline-fuelled sports bars of their homeland. And these Canadians didn't cut any corners: a menu packed with hearty, home-cooked grub (yes, poutine), happy hours Monday through Thursday, weekend brunch, Monday night wing nights (featuring 50-cent wings from 7 to 11 p.m.), five giant TVs and huge maple leaves adorning the bar. You can bet your bottom loonie (or euro) if there's a hockey game going on, it will be playing here. So, cozy up to your fellow rink rats (avec one of the pub's famous Bloody Caesars); les sports never looked so good.
- Boxers NYC and Boxers HK, New York, New York, United States - After breaking a sweat, members of the Big Apple's LGBT sports leagues file into Boxers, one of New York City's gay sports bars. With locations in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea, Boxers airs games (think college and pro football, basketball and more) on more than 20 flat-screen TVs. There's never a dull moment here with karaoke night every Tuesday, boozy brunch seven days a week (we're talking $20 for unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis when you buy an entrée), happy hours featuring two-for-one drinks Tuesdays and Wednesdays and free pool tournaments Sundays. You might end up cheering for more than just your team: For your added viewing pleasure, topless male bartenders donning none other than (only) their boxer briefs sling drinks at this sports-bar-gay-club-combo
The fan-friendly sports bars rounding out our list are: The Fireman's Arms, Cape Town, South Africa; The Sportsman, Bangkok, Thailand; Satellite Sports Café, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Underdoggs Sports Bar, New Delhi, India; and Belushi's Bar, Barcelona, Spain. To read the fanatic details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/go-watch-game-11-awesome-sports-bars-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608727
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,924
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 667
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,912
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 720
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,482
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 737
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,651
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,415
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 843
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 679
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,952
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,122
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 696