|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 02:09 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- Whether you're a hockey, soccer, baseball, football or just an all-round sports fan, you know the importance of finding a good spot to watch the game. Some of the must haves include big TV screens, overflowing beer, some good chow and fans, fans, fans. Sports fanatics circle the globe and so too do great sports bars. So the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have gone global in their quest to find great spots for catching a game with their list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world.
Planning to watch the Stanley Cup? World Cup? Baseball? Or simply looking for a watering hole to hang out and watch some good sports? Then check out this selection of six sports bars from our list that offer the best seats in the house to catch the action -- no matter what your game.
- Cheers Bar, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - Round-the-clock sports are the name of the game at Cheers Bar: This establishment, where (we're sure) everybody knows his or her favourite player's name, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recently voted Best Sports Bar in Australia and New Zealand for the second year in a row, Cheers has become a go-to for soccer, rugby and football fans looking to, well, cheer on their teams. And with everything from bacon and eggs to pasture-fed sirloin steaks on the menu, you may as well make a day of it.
- Real Sports Bar & Grill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Real Sports is the real deal. "Go big or go home" isn't just a mantra here -- it's a way of life. With a 39-foot high-definition screen as its centrepiece, almost 200 additional screens, 114 taps, 14 wing flavours, 11 gourmet burgers and a clientele that includes professional athletes, this is a destination designed for die-hard fans. If you can't get to the field, the rink or the court, Real Sports is a close second. Every Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m., the bar hosts a "tab grab" -- enter your table number through a tweet or Facebook post for a chance to get the bar to foot your bill for the night. Score.
- The Four's - Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States - It seems fitting that sports-crazed Boston, a city whose teams are part of some of the most deep-seated sports rivalries around (think Red Sox vs. Yankees and Bruins vs. Canadiens), would play host to a long list of well-known sports bars. But The Four's stands out both for its location (just down the street from TD Garden -- home of the Bruins and the Celtics) and its extensive display of New England sports team collectibles (things like jerseys worn and signed by famous Celtics players and iconic game photos). Sports journalists, professional athletes and coaches have all been known to drop in over the years. With 42 flat screens, 22 beers and two other locations just outside Boston, The Four's is a perfect place to park for the game. Don't forget to try the award-winning New England clam chowder and the ever-popular Bobby Orr steak sandwich.
- Riley's Haymarket, London, England - Situated among some of London's best theatres, this haven for sports enthusiasts stands out in the crowd. With 34 screens and four extra-large screens broadcasting 70 channels, fans won't be at a loss when it comes to catching their game of choice -- sports are centre stage. Riley's can accommodate about 600 patrons at any given time, so you're guaranteed to be in good company if you're planning to do a little hootin' and hollerin' at the TV. Feel like getting in on the action? Slide on over to one of the bar's pool or ping pong tables for a little healthy competition of your own. A VIP bar, American-style diner and DJ nights round out the Riley's experience.
- The Great Canadian Pub, Paris, France - Yep, you read that right - a Canadian sports bar in Paris. In fact, TGC (as the regulars call it) is the only all-Canadian pub in the City of Light. Situated on Paris's Left Bank, the bar boasts a terrace that beckons to guests come summer. A pair of expats, who were also teammates at Meudon Hockey Club in the 1990s, opened the pub in 2005 after spending years longing for the adrenaline-fuelled sports bars of their homeland. And these Canadians didn't cut any corners: a menu packed with hearty, home-cooked grub (yes, poutine), happy hours Monday through Thursday, weekend brunch, Monday night wing nights (featuring 50-cent wings from 7 to 11 p.m.), five giant TVs and huge maple leaves adorning the bar. You can bet your bottom loonie (or euro) if there's a hockey game going on, it will be playing here. So, cozy up to your fellow rink rats (avec one of the pub's famous Bloody Caesars); les sports never looked so good.
- Boxers NYC and Boxers HK, New York, New York, United States - After breaking a sweat, members of the Big Apple's LGBT sports leagues file into Boxers, one of New York City's gay sports bars. With locations in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea, Boxers airs games (think college and pro football, basketball and more) on more than 20 flat-screen TVs. There's never a dull moment here with karaoke night every Tuesday, boozy brunch seven days a week (we're talking $20 for unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis when you buy an entrée), happy hours featuring two-for-one drinks Tuesdays and Wednesdays and free pool tournaments Sundays. You might end up cheering for more than just your team: For your added viewing pleasure, topless male bartenders donning none other than (only) their boxer briefs sling drinks at this sports-bar-gay-club-combo
The fan-friendly sports bars rounding out our list are: The Fireman's Arms, Cape Town, South Africa; The Sportsman, Bangkok, Thailand; Satellite Sports Café, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Underdoggs Sports Bar, New Delhi, India; and Belushi's Bar, Barcelona, Spain. To read the fanatic details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/go-watch-game-11-awesome-sports-bars-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608727
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,390
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,570
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,443
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,546
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,525
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,749
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,578
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,519
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,605
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,518
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 831
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,464
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,118