|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 02:09 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- Whether you're a hockey, soccer, baseball, football or just an all-round sports fan, you know the importance of finding a good spot to watch the game. Some of the must haves include big TV screens, overflowing beer, some good chow and fans, fans, fans. Sports fanatics circle the globe and so too do great sports bars. So the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have gone global in their quest to find great spots for catching a game with their list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world.
Planning to watch the Stanley Cup? World Cup? Baseball? Or simply looking for a watering hole to hang out and watch some good sports? Then check out this selection of six sports bars from our list that offer the best seats in the house to catch the action -- no matter what your game.
- Cheers Bar, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - Round-the-clock sports are the name of the game at Cheers Bar: This establishment, where (we're sure) everybody knows his or her favourite player's name, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recently voted Best Sports Bar in Australia and New Zealand for the second year in a row, Cheers has become a go-to for soccer, rugby and football fans looking to, well, cheer on their teams. And with everything from bacon and eggs to pasture-fed sirloin steaks on the menu, you may as well make a day of it.
- Real Sports Bar & Grill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Real Sports is the real deal. "Go big or go home" isn't just a mantra here -- it's a way of life. With a 39-foot high-definition screen as its centrepiece, almost 200 additional screens, 114 taps, 14 wing flavours, 11 gourmet burgers and a clientele that includes professional athletes, this is a destination designed for die-hard fans. If you can't get to the field, the rink or the court, Real Sports is a close second. Every Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m., the bar hosts a "tab grab" -- enter your table number through a tweet or Facebook post for a chance to get the bar to foot your bill for the night. Score.
- The Four's - Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States - It seems fitting that sports-crazed Boston, a city whose teams are part of some of the most deep-seated sports rivalries around (think Red Sox vs. Yankees and Bruins vs. Canadiens), would play host to a long list of well-known sports bars. But The Four's stands out both for its location (just down the street from TD Garden -- home of the Bruins and the Celtics) and its extensive display of New England sports team collectibles (things like jerseys worn and signed by famous Celtics players and iconic game photos). Sports journalists, professional athletes and coaches have all been known to drop in over the years. With 42 flat screens, 22 beers and two other locations just outside Boston, The Four's is a perfect place to park for the game. Don't forget to try the award-winning New England clam chowder and the ever-popular Bobby Orr steak sandwich.
- Riley's Haymarket, London, England - Situated among some of London's best theatres, this haven for sports enthusiasts stands out in the crowd. With 34 screens and four extra-large screens broadcasting 70 channels, fans won't be at a loss when it comes to catching their game of choice -- sports are centre stage. Riley's can accommodate about 600 patrons at any given time, so you're guaranteed to be in good company if you're planning to do a little hootin' and hollerin' at the TV. Feel like getting in on the action? Slide on over to one of the bar's pool or ping pong tables for a little healthy competition of your own. A VIP bar, American-style diner and DJ nights round out the Riley's experience.
- The Great Canadian Pub, Paris, France - Yep, you read that right - a Canadian sports bar in Paris. In fact, TGC (as the regulars call it) is the only all-Canadian pub in the City of Light. Situated on Paris's Left Bank, the bar boasts a terrace that beckons to guests come summer. A pair of expats, who were also teammates at Meudon Hockey Club in the 1990s, opened the pub in 2005 after spending years longing for the adrenaline-fuelled sports bars of their homeland. And these Canadians didn't cut any corners: a menu packed with hearty, home-cooked grub (yes, poutine), happy hours Monday through Thursday, weekend brunch, Monday night wing nights (featuring 50-cent wings from 7 to 11 p.m.), five giant TVs and huge maple leaves adorning the bar. You can bet your bottom loonie (or euro) if there's a hockey game going on, it will be playing here. So, cozy up to your fellow rink rats (avec one of the pub's famous Bloody Caesars); les sports never looked so good.
- Boxers NYC and Boxers HK, New York, New York, United States - After breaking a sweat, members of the Big Apple's LGBT sports leagues file into Boxers, one of New York City's gay sports bars. With locations in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea, Boxers airs games (think college and pro football, basketball and more) on more than 20 flat-screen TVs. There's never a dull moment here with karaoke night every Tuesday, boozy brunch seven days a week (we're talking $20 for unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis when you buy an entrée), happy hours featuring two-for-one drinks Tuesdays and Wednesdays and free pool tournaments Sundays. You might end up cheering for more than just your team: For your added viewing pleasure, topless male bartenders donning none other than (only) their boxer briefs sling drinks at this sports-bar-gay-club-combo
The fan-friendly sports bars rounding out our list are: The Fireman's Arms, Cape Town, South Africa; The Sportsman, Bangkok, Thailand; Satellite Sports Café, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Underdoggs Sports Bar, New Delhi, India; and Belushi's Bar, Barcelona, Spain. To read the fanatic details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/go-watch-game-11-awesome-sports-bars-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608727
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EST
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 358
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 512
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 25, 2015 10:26 AM EST
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 425
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 105
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 25, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 266
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 264
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 25, 2015 08:15 AM EST Reads: 344
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 340
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 25, 2015 07:30 AM EST Reads: 246
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 25, 2015 07:15 AM EST Reads: 158
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 25, 2015 06:45 AM EST
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 376
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Nov. 25, 2015 05:45 AM EST Reads: 287