|By Marketwired .||
|June 3, 2014 02:09 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 06/03/14 -- Whether you're a hockey, soccer, baseball, football or just an all-round sports fan, you know the importance of finding a good spot to watch the game. Some of the must haves include big TV screens, overflowing beer, some good chow and fans, fans, fans. Sports fanatics circle the globe and so too do great sports bars. So the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have gone global in their quest to find great spots for catching a game with their list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world.
Planning to watch the Stanley Cup? World Cup? Baseball? Or simply looking for a watering hole to hang out and watch some good sports? Then check out this selection of six sports bars from our list that offer the best seats in the house to catch the action -- no matter what your game.
- Cheers Bar, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia - Round-the-clock sports are the name of the game at Cheers Bar: This establishment, where (we're sure) everybody knows his or her favourite player's name, is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Recently voted Best Sports Bar in Australia and New Zealand for the second year in a row, Cheers has become a go-to for soccer, rugby and football fans looking to, well, cheer on their teams. And with everything from bacon and eggs to pasture-fed sirloin steaks on the menu, you may as well make a day of it.
- Real Sports Bar & Grill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Real Sports is the real deal. "Go big or go home" isn't just a mantra here -- it's a way of life. With a 39-foot high-definition screen as its centrepiece, almost 200 additional screens, 114 taps, 14 wing flavours, 11 gourmet burgers and a clientele that includes professional athletes, this is a destination designed for die-hard fans. If you can't get to the field, the rink or the court, Real Sports is a close second. Every Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m., the bar hosts a "tab grab" -- enter your table number through a tweet or Facebook post for a chance to get the bar to foot your bill for the night. Score.
- The Four's - Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, United States - It seems fitting that sports-crazed Boston, a city whose teams are part of some of the most deep-seated sports rivalries around (think Red Sox vs. Yankees and Bruins vs. Canadiens), would play host to a long list of well-known sports bars. But The Four's stands out both for its location (just down the street from TD Garden -- home of the Bruins and the Celtics) and its extensive display of New England sports team collectibles (things like jerseys worn and signed by famous Celtics players and iconic game photos). Sports journalists, professional athletes and coaches have all been known to drop in over the years. With 42 flat screens, 22 beers and two other locations just outside Boston, The Four's is a perfect place to park for the game. Don't forget to try the award-winning New England clam chowder and the ever-popular Bobby Orr steak sandwich.
- Riley's Haymarket, London, England - Situated among some of London's best theatres, this haven for sports enthusiasts stands out in the crowd. With 34 screens and four extra-large screens broadcasting 70 channels, fans won't be at a loss when it comes to catching their game of choice -- sports are centre stage. Riley's can accommodate about 600 patrons at any given time, so you're guaranteed to be in good company if you're planning to do a little hootin' and hollerin' at the TV. Feel like getting in on the action? Slide on over to one of the bar's pool or ping pong tables for a little healthy competition of your own. A VIP bar, American-style diner and DJ nights round out the Riley's experience.
- The Great Canadian Pub, Paris, France - Yep, you read that right - a Canadian sports bar in Paris. In fact, TGC (as the regulars call it) is the only all-Canadian pub in the City of Light. Situated on Paris's Left Bank, the bar boasts a terrace that beckons to guests come summer. A pair of expats, who were also teammates at Meudon Hockey Club in the 1990s, opened the pub in 2005 after spending years longing for the adrenaline-fuelled sports bars of their homeland. And these Canadians didn't cut any corners: a menu packed with hearty, home-cooked grub (yes, poutine), happy hours Monday through Thursday, weekend brunch, Monday night wing nights (featuring 50-cent wings from 7 to 11 p.m.), five giant TVs and huge maple leaves adorning the bar. You can bet your bottom loonie (or euro) if there's a hockey game going on, it will be playing here. So, cozy up to your fellow rink rats (avec one of the pub's famous Bloody Caesars); les sports never looked so good.
- Boxers NYC and Boxers HK, New York, New York, United States - After breaking a sweat, members of the Big Apple's LGBT sports leagues file into Boxers, one of New York City's gay sports bars. With locations in Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea, Boxers airs games (think college and pro football, basketball and more) on more than 20 flat-screen TVs. There's never a dull moment here with karaoke night every Tuesday, boozy brunch seven days a week (we're talking $20 for unlimited mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis when you buy an entrée), happy hours featuring two-for-one drinks Tuesdays and Wednesdays and free pool tournaments Sundays. You might end up cheering for more than just your team: For your added viewing pleasure, topless male bartenders donning none other than (only) their boxer briefs sling drinks at this sports-bar-gay-club-combo
The fan-friendly sports bars rounding out our list are: The Fireman's Arms, Cape Town, South Africa; The Sportsman, Bangkok, Thailand; Satellite Sports Café, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Underdoggs Sports Bar, New Delhi, India; and Belushi's Bar, Barcelona, Spain. To read the fanatic details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of 11 awesome sports bars around the world, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/go-watch-game-11-awesome-sports-bars-around-world.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608727
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,155
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,489
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 595
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,281
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,990
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 26, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,276
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,940
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,235
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,867
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,876
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,976
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,681
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,143
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,660
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,159